EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

We played Dusties on the weekend, if we were any good we wouldve been 3 or 4 goals up in the first qtr but we didnt have the cattle to get the job done in saying that there was probably 8 senior blokes at least sitting on the sidelines injured or resting. Bunyip are easily the best team we have played. Neerim will still be a massive chance. As i said to ya's after our game Surkin you blokes will have to improve a fair bit to match the top sides but good luck. Pretty open one this year.

Without trying to be disrespectful to you guys Piezy because you did put up a pretty good fight, but the side we field this weekend will be vastly different to the one that played your guys. We have 7 guys to come back in who were either injured, overseas or playing seniors and I injured my groin in the opening minute. So thats pretty much 8 players to come back in. Add to that we played the last quarter with 15 players after guys went off to play a second game in the seniors.

I reckon that is where we can have an advantage over the other sides in that our seniors are not in the finals. Only issue is that it may be a disadvantage in that we have not really played together all season. I reckon if we can gel this week though we will be hard to beat.

Yep fair call, didnt think i seen ya get a kick ;) either did i by the way. Neerim dont have ones in either i wonder who out of the senior boys got qualified.

Yeah a few blokes were on 9 games so the decision was made a few weeks back to stop playing them in the seniors and to qualify them for the finals.

Its hard to know what kind of team others will run out with in the twos finals sometimes with the qualifying rules. Hope LL get flogged, dropping blokes back the last 3-4 weeks of the year is piss weak i reckon. I would hate to be the senior coach trying to win games when there are 4-5 blokes in the twos that should be playing ones.

Dusties have had a lot on injuries in the seniors so may get a few back too if the ones get knocked out the first week.

I did hear a whisper that Lang Lang were actually struggling for numbers so bad some blokes did have to play both games is this true Surkin?? I hope not for the clubs sake. Would explain about more blokes getting qualified aswell.

You serious leo? I remember your mob doing the exact same thing last year and Lang lang missing out on finals as a consequence.

Yeah that's right Piezy. Only had 36 guys to choose from for both sides at the end of the season due to injuries.

You serious leo? I remember your mob doing the exact same thing last year and Lang lang missing out on finals as a consequence.

Didn't happen Surkin. The only thing that came close to that was one guy would probably have played ones (off the bench) in the last round (as a regular senior player was unavailable/injured) but suited up in the 2nds as he was on the maximum games played for seniors. The facts are the he was only a 2nds player at best anyway but had filled in enough over the year because of his height/size. The other players to come into our finals side had been playing up a grade in the ass end if the season as required to fill spots.

Just to let you guys know, guys that play both seniors and reserves in the one day doesnt ensure they play the required games to play reserves finals in the event their seniors arent playing. The senior game is the one that counts in qualification terms.

So you could play 15 reserves games because they were short and 10 senior games and you would have "broken" according to the rules. However you can be a VFL player and be on the bench for 4 games in the reserves and be elligible to play finals in any grade.

Just to let you guys know, guys that play both seniors and reserves in the one day doesnt ensure they play the required games to play reserves finals in the event their seniors arent playing. The senior game is the one that counts in qualification terms.

So you could play 15 reserves games because they were short and 10 senior games and you would have "broken" according to the rules. However you can be a VFL player and be on the bench for 4 games in the reserves and be elligible to play finals in any grade.
Just wondering if anyone knows who won the League B&F Last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's right Piezy. Only had 36 guys to choose from for both sides at the end of the season due to injuries.

I wasnt there last year and if we did then its bad form. Although the doctor says we didnt.

Didn't happen Surkin. The only thing that came close to that was one guy would probably have played ones (off the bench) in the last round (as a regular senior player was unavailable/injured) but suited up in the 2nds as he was on the maximum games played for seniors. The facts are the he was only a 2nds player at best anyway but had filled in enough over the year because of his height/size. The other players to come into our finals side had been playing up a grade in the arse end if the season as required to fill spots.

Same with us. All these guys qualified are twos players that had to play seniors because of the injury list. When you have 8-10 senior players out most of the season these two guys have to play games. Was smart to rotate these players though and make sure none played more than 9. If you look at the list of guys qualified tell me which ones are genuine senior players?

1st Kimber
2nd Ikupu
3rd Larosa (i think?)

Don't know if anyone went out to Buln. I did. Worst ran night I have ever seen. That motley crew who run the show wouldn't know professionalism or class if it hit them in the face. It was quite awkward to be honest. Gwynne didnt even give recognition to the medals name when handing it to Kimber, "Here's ya Brownlow son", were his words i think.

Brad Michie (Lang Lang) won the reserves from Leigh Noonan (Nar Nar Goon). It came down to the last round, more exciting result than the seniors.

1st Kimber
2nd Ikupu
3rd Larosa (i think?)

Don't know if anyone went out to Buln. I did. Worst ran night I have ever seen. That motley crew who run the show wouldn't know professionalism or class if it hit them in the face. It was quite awkward to be honest. Gwynne didnt even give recognition to the medals name when handing it to Kimber, "Here's ya Brownlow son", were his words i think.

Yep, totally agree. Made a mockery of just about any name that wasnt Brown, Smith or Jones!
Some names are different than others, but I think Its disrespectful to not make an attempt to get them right.
It is a tad embarrassing when we want our league to be stronger and more professional.

Same with us. All these guys qualified are twos players that had to play seniors because of the injury list. When you have 8-10 senior players out most of the season these two guys have to play games. Was smart to rotate these players though and make sure none played more than 9. If you look at the list of guys qualified tell me which ones are genuine senior players?

Nichols is a senior player isn't he? Kicked 59 goals in the ones last year!

Does anybody know the quarter lengths for twos finals? We play 18 minutes with no time on in the regular season, but I believe there is time on in finals? Is it 18 + time on or something else?

In 17 years of footy Plug, I can only remember 2, maybe 3 times this happening at Nyora.

Maybe 5-7??? are genuine senior players (based on ability) BUT injury's, old age, lack of attitude etc makes these guys 2nds players as we speak. No problem with that as most clubs have the same scenario. You should know 1st hand Surkin.

Maybe 5-7??? are genuine senior players (based on ability) BUT injury's, old age, lack of attitude etc makes these guys 2nds players as we speak. No problem with that as most clubs have the same scenario. You should know 1st hand Surkin.

Well said. We have a few guys 30+ who don't want to play seniors and a few blokes who sufered major injuries who probably aren't what they would be another season any way.

Guys like Adam Baxter, Dean Brown and Matt Olney are qualified but stopped playing a while back so won't be playing finals either.

I reckon we might have a little advantage early in the finals but I reckon when/if Warragul/Goon?Bunyip seniors get knocked out their two's will be getting players back too.

Also have to get past the form team of the comp in Catani first up who have won 11 straight and have 8 or so senior premiership players in their lineup.

If you blokes had another 10 minutes ya's mightve won Surks, slow start cost yas massivley. Nichols did play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back