Edfl Odds - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Big choke by the NNG footy club, i cant remember the last time the team finishing top didnt make the GF in the EDFL. At the end of the season ya have 1 team in the GF.... FAILURE!

Cant believe Clint Williams played on saturday, could not even run. surely someone from the 2's would have been better on the day.

He did not look right did he? You have to take into account though, that he took one of our best defenders despite being injured.

Talking about scanlon right? Williams would not even chase when scanlon had the ball.

I reckon cliny fulton won it for ya in the last quarter, would have had about 10 touches in the forward pocket, kicked a couple of goals and set up a couple. And i see his opponent got in the best for the goon??? Kelly and Brown were really good all day.

To be fair to his opponent (i assume you are talking of Hughes) he was off the ground with a broken leg when clint kicked his goals.

Agree with Kelly and Brown. I think along with Robbo were head and shoulders our 3 best players on the day and are most weeks.

He broke his leg did he, thats no good at all. He did that when moose kicked his second goal i think? Yeah robbo smashed jones and even got a fair few kicks around the ground.

So where are the good people who said finals experience means nothing now?? there is now way you should have lost that game from the position you were in at 3/4 time.

Big choke by the NNG footy club, i cant remember the last time the team finishing top didnt make the GF in the EDFL.

I cant remember in between, but we did it in 1995. Won the first 14 straight and then after a wet period, we went to water to only win 2 of the last 6 we played. Lost 2nd semi then prelim.

Bit difficult to continue winning form when you are training in the Warragul Validrome because our ground was an absolute disgrace. We couldnt even kick the ball further than 20 metres in the training drills. That was a complete contrast to how we played in the first part of the year. Win the footy and boot it long into the forward line for the big mark/goal.

But there you have it, we did it then. Not sure since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do remember that, ya had the bloke from warragul sport shop as coach then right? And recruited heaps of giants which stuffed ya when the grounds turned to mud. Ya had a really big side back then.

I do remember that, ya had the bloke from warragul sport shop as coach then right? And recruited heaps of giants which stuffed ya when the grounds turned to mud. Ya had a really big side back then.

Nah. The bloke from the Warragul Sports shop was Tim Shanahan. Won the league medal that year.

John Noblett was coach and he and his brother were our ruckmen. We had a number of blokes come down from the Mid Gippy and Latrobe Valley FL as well. One thing I will say, is that we had the best full back I have seen in country footy, in my time. Jason Moloney. He was tough, fearless and could kick a ball too. Not many opposing full forwards kicked many on him.

They dont breed full backs like that any more and the rules dont allow for them either.

We had 3 blokes over 6'4'' and they were certainly handy, however, not unlike our current side, the inclusion of some fantastic premiership playing key position players helped us go a long way to winning the club championships that year.

John Noblett (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) Ruck
Mick Noblett (Morwell East) Ruck
Alan Wright (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) Full Forward 80 odd goals
David Platschinda (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) CHF/Forward Flank 20 odd goals to round 7
David Bugagiar (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) Forward Pocket 50 odd goals
Brad Platschinda (Yallourn Nth) Forward Flank/Forward Pocket 35 goals
Jason Maloney (Morwell) Full Back

Not to mention the guys already at the club:
Tim Shanahan - Centreman + League Medalist
Craig Fischer - Ruck Rover + Club B+F
Vin Rabl - Dogged Defender/Midfielder
Andy Fennell - Champion CHF
Dave Wouters - Another Defender
Nev Price - Easily our most creative defender
Matthew (Toby) Davy - Absolute freak in front of goals. Kicked 50 easily.
Simon Collis - Midfielder

There were others as well, but that was the crux of the team and apologies to anyone I've missed. It was 13 years ago after all.

We smashed sides in those first 14 rounds and when it got wet, we really struggled. A lot of things conspired to derail us that year and the committee of the time has blood on its hands too, but this is not the place to discuss that.

Anyway.... that was 13 years ago. Now is now.

Nah. The bloke from the Warragul Sports shop was Tim Shanahan. Won the league medal that year.

John Noblett was coach and he and his brother were our ruckmen. We had a number of blokes come down from the Mid Gippy and Latrobe Valley FL as well. One thing I will say, is that we had the best full back I have seen in country footy, in my time. Jason Moloney. He was tough, fearless and could kick a ball too. Not many opposing full forwards kicked many on him.

They dont breed full backs like that any more and the rules dont allow for them either.

We had 3 blokes over 6'4'' and they were certainly handy, however, not unlike our current side, the inclusion of some fantastic premiership playing key position players helped us go a long way to winning the club championships that year.

David Platschinda (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) CHF/Forward Flank 20 odd goals to round 7
David Bugagiar (Yallourn Nth Premiership Player X 2) Forward Pocket 50 odd goals

Nev Price - Easily our most creative defender -

There were others as well, but that was the crux of the team and apologies to anyone I've missed. It was 13 years ago after all.

We smashed sides in those first 14 rounds and when it got wet, we really struggled. A lot of things conspired to derail us that year and the committee of the time has blood on its hands too, but this is not the place to discuss that.

lets do it again seems that we got a whole bunch of mates from yallourn who were handy big players. cant be that hard to do again instead of getting short people from various clubs from melbourne who turn to nothing.

Im guessing we wont hear from them till next year when they start talking up their chances again!
Been a bit busy on the juice the last few days.

The reality of Saturday is that we did not make the most of our oppertunities, Lang Lang did and they are now in the Grand Final. I think everyone bar the Cora Lynn supporters will be getting behind them, just hope they can pull it off.

normy baker played as well that year didn't he?

Been a bit busy on the juice the last few days.

The reality of Saturday is that we did not make the most of our oppertunities, Lang Lang did and they are now in the Grand Final. I think everyone bar the Cora Lynn supporters will be getting behind them, just hope they can pull it off.
completely agree. i'm contemplating painting my face yellow and black for the occasion!!!!

go tiges.

The good thing about this, is it shows how much better the league has become these days.

A decade ago you could recruit blokes out of the MGFL that could be half decent in the EDFL because the standard was pretty poor.

These days recruiting chumps out of the MGFL doesnt work, as the EDFL has improved out of sight since then. Buln Buln 2007 and to a degree Nilma this year proves that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back