Mega Thread EDFL Player points debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the points system is working well. Oh no it’s the same teams look like playing finals again in premier and div1.

Can someone please explain to me how a points system is implemented to create a fairer competition yet all teams have the same points. Absolute joke imo.
The points system is about focusing on juniors ( obvious). It is only now that all EDFL clubs are realising this , however it will take time for the clubs that have not focused to catch up. Have a look at Strathmore over the past 8 weeks, there season was basically over, they promoted 6 under 19s over the ego driven import and look at the results. Invest in your own.

The points system is about focusing on juniors ( obvious). It is only now that all EDFL clubs are realising this , however it will take time for the clubs that have not focused to catch up. Have a look at Strathmore over the past 8 weeks, there season was basically over, they promoted 6 under 19s over the ego driven import and look at the results. Invest in your own.

This hasn’t answered my question pal. Strathmore have had an abundance of juniors for years so that’s to be expected. But how is that a fair system compared to some other clubs. That’s my point!!
Once again rules assisting clubs like Strathmore, Abers, Keilor etc. that have been in the top division for years in both seniors and div1 junior teams. Is that fair is my point..

This hasn’t answered my question pal. Strathmore have had an abundance of juniors for years so that’s to be expected. But how is that a fair system compared to some other clubs. That’s my point!!
Once again rules assisting clubs like Strathmore, Abers, Keilor etc. that have been in the top division for years in both seniors and div1 junior teams. Is that fair is my point..
I think you will find that the club's without strong juniors voted unanimously for the points system. Their belief was that it would the great equaliser. In other words bring the field back to us as we cannot manage ourselves.
For example a club close to your heart Pascoe Vale. They have had a healthy budget for the past 8 years. If they had invested 5% of that budget each year that would equate to approx a 100k investment in their juniors. How much better off points wise and competitive wise would they be instead of the costly zpend on an ex AFL player who has failed to deliver.

So your answer is to give some clubs more points if they have

How can a competition have differing points for differing clubs and be called fair. Your argument is based on the lack of work from the past of the clubs you follow.

So your answer is to give some clubs more points if they have

How can a competition have differing points for differing clubs and be called fair. Your argument is based on the lack of work from the past of the clubs you follow.
I think part of Turbos point is that you have to have juniors going to your club in the first place. Pascoe Vale is an old area so don't have a lot of young families in the area. Keilor, Abers etc are successful as clubs so they draw in kids that want to play finals.
Unfortunately for some clubs I think it is time to start looking at joint ventures, two clubs coming together to become one.

It is too early to judge the effectiveness of the Points System for 2 reasons.

Firstly, as most agree, the system encourages investment in youth. This works from the bottom (all the way back to U9s) up

Secondly, a number of 'imports' on Senior lists that are valued at 1 point had already been on lists for two or three or more years so there is still a talent inequality yet to completely even out.

It is too early to judge the effectiveness of the Points System for 2 reasons.

Firstly, as most agree, the system encourages investment in youth. This works from the bottom (all the way back to U9s) up

Secondly, a number of 'imports' on Senior lists that are valued at 1 point had already been on lists for two or three or more years so there is still a talent inequality yet to completely even out.
Correct need to judge in 5 years when the points have been in for 10 years to judge how it has worked

If you think everyone will be playing then your nuts. Like Ek would be stupid enough to even attempt to put all those on the park. Yes we know they were over for a couple games last season but edfl took fault for that by confirming the points they lodged. Pretty sure Taylor’s lakes played over a couple games also because league messed their points also. (This topic has been drained on this forum anyway)

Ps whose to say some of the recruits are not 2’s players? I havnt even heard of some of the names you mentioned that are going EK this year. should probably also keep an eye on WM points also they have recruited 25+ worth of points also.

I’m sure edfl and big footy community will be looking at everyone’s points come round 1 so whoever tries to field more would get found out pretty early on. Wouldn’t worry too much if I were you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good post. If EK get away with overloading games with points in 2020 then the EDFL administration will need to be completely cleaned out. No excuses.

If you think everyone will be playing then your nuts. Like Ek would be stupid enough to even attempt to put all those on the park. Yes we know they were over for a couple games last season but edfl took fault for that by confirming the points they lodged. Pretty sure Taylor’s lakes played over a couple games also because league messed their points also. (This topic has been drained on this forum anyway)

Ps whose to say some of the recruits are not 2’s players? I havnt even heard of some of the names you mentioned that are going EK this year. should probably also keep an eye on WM points also they have recruited 25+ worth of points also.

I’m sure edfl and big footy community will be looking at everyone’s points come round 1 so whoever tries to field more would get found out pretty early on. Wouldn’t worry too much if I were you

Obviously they won’t be able to play all of these guys... just making a point that there reserves could potentially be 50 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL will allow them to play over again so no problem for EK. But they will fine you for a 10 year old wearing wrong coloured shorts as that’s more important. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness we ALL knew this would happen again at EK after seeing the league did nothing last season. They have created this. It’s really out of control imo. Other clubs just have to suck it up I’m told..
Honestly Turbo the reason most people are clearing out of Div 1 conversation on this forum is because all you can bang on about is this same issue. Everyone is bored of this line of conversation except you. Move on mate - they didn't win a flag and whilst it was an issue for 2 rounds retrospectively, in comparison to some of the crap that used to go down at clubs like yours years ago, our competition is very clean these days. Just move on for the sake of this thread

Honestly Turbo the reason most people are clearing out of Div 1 conversation on this forum is because all you can bang on about is this same issue. Everyone is bored of this line of conversation except you. Move on mate - they didn't win a flag and whilst it was an issue for 2 rounds retrospectively, in comparison to some of the crap that used to go down at clubs like yours years ago, our competition is very clean these days. Just move on for the sake of this thread

Both games were 25 goal + wins could of played with no bench it made no difference. Sounds like the wrfl about people complaining about the same issue over and over (deer park) need to move on from ek points for 2 games turbo

Both games were 25 goal + wins could of played with no bench it made no difference. Sounds like the wrfl about people complaining about the same issue over and over (deer park) need to move on from ek points for 2 games turbo

So it was only 2 games was it? Cmon get real mate and research.

I understand I’ve done this to death but it’s going to happen again and you know it... Anyway what’s other news?

Yeah Turbo don’t worry about the points.
The salary cap is way more important this time. See how the league manage that one... you can’t recruit all these blokes and not play them cos of points and expect them to play for the jumper! They only came across for the cash. Their twos will be over the salary cap as well as points if the league had that rule in . 😂😂

Yeah Turbo don’t worry about the points.
The salary cap is way more important this time. See how the league manage that one... you can’t recruit all these blokes and not play them cos of points and expect them to play for the jumper! They only came across for the cash. Their twos will be over the salary cap as well as points if the league had that rule in . 😂😂

Yes mate I agree but you just police the cap. EK paying plenty off the books but you can’t prove it. They all won’t fit in on points so some players will get pissed off and leave unless they encounter serious injuries which I hope doesn’t happen. You would hope each recruit is judged accordingly and the EDFL should be sending all clubs there allocated player points so it’s all above board prior to the season.

East Keilor are cheating, Deer Park cheat... Are you saying just accept that?

East Keilor are cheating, Deer Park cheat... Are you saying just accept that?
Jesus people just dont read previous posts ever...... how is anyone cheating.... they have signed players man so what you have no idea if players are leaving or taken pay cuts etc... this thread is becoming worse then the WRFL one.... Everyone says Deer Park is cheating they were investigated by the AFL for 8 months and found nothing dude...... u guys really got to drop that s**t.. you sound like broken down records

Freedom of speech or are we North Korea now?
I get the sentiment and the topic will die a natural death once the EastKeilor District Football League get their management skills right.

That’s it from me in this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back