EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really mate. My point was why target ex AFL/VFL players in this conversation.

This discussion around was based around Paccos recruiting. The kid mentioned is better off at Pacco either playing 18 premier or maybe even seniors in premier. His other option was to stay and play Div2 18s or div2 seniors. He definitely took the best option available. He has a relative playing at Northern saints so I’m guessing he approved the move for the betterment of the kid.
By the looks of it there div 2 18’s go OK, only lost to my sons team and they were missing players and then beat top of the table easily by looking at the results.
A good coach at any level will benefit any player instead of a big name who attracts all the good players and wins off talent alone.
Pacco are only in it for themselves & not player development.

He’s possibly the best junior in the country. Pacco might have told his family that. The current Cannons captain has been at Oak Park all his life. Doubt he’s ever played division 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There is also a current AFL player who was drafted last year from OP. He never played division 1. He even played division 2 senior football last year.
Loyalty is a must with kids. If your good enough then you’ll play the highest level you are able to.
Moving clubs is a cop out and should only do it if your junior club doesn’t have enough players to field a side. You don’t leave because you want to win a junior premiership. Because let’s face it who really remembers winning junior premierships.

There is also a current AFL player who was drafted last year from OP. He never played division 1. He even played division 2 senior football last year.
Loyalty is a must with kids. If your good enough then you’ll play the highest level you are able to.
Moving clubs is a cop out and should only do it if your junior club doesn’t have enough players to field a side. You don’t leave because you want to win a junior premiership. Because let’s face it who really remembers winning junior premierships.
Not sure he left to win a junior premiership. More to benefit from playing against better opposition.

Div2 18s - last round had 2 matches with 6 teams having a bye. Cmon if you have talent you can’t be sitting at home on the couch

Spin Spin Spin

All these played under 18s at Pascoe Vale last weekend. 14 / 22 come from another junior club to play at Pascoe Vale.

8 Pascoe Vale juniors played in the under 18s last weekend

Ahmed Zahraman (Northern Saints)

Joseph Pennella West Coburg

Sebastian Carta Strathmore

Zakaria Abou-Eid Northern Saints

Ahmed Taleb Glenroy

Khoder Said Hadfield & Glenroy

Max Carta Strathmore

Badr Moustafa Hadfield & Glenroy

Jalal Abou-Eid Northern Saints & Glenroy

Ali Khoder Glenroy & Hadfield

Denzil Whelan Strathmore & Hillside

Ibrahim Hammoud Hadfield

Talal Abou-Eid Glenroy

Michael Tiligadis Strathmore

You do realise Hadfield & Glenroy dont have 18s mate. Hence they had to find another club. That surely answers your silly question. 😫

Taylor went to Pacco for a year to play 16 div 1 but yes mainly at Oak Park. Destination club are Pacco!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDS 1 goal
Abbers 5 goals
EK 1 point
PV 10 goals
MP 12 goals

Come to Keilor they said, be coached by the best coaches they said:
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Using abusive, insulting or obscene language towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 2 playing matches
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Behaving in an abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene manner towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 4 playing matches

Why only 6 matches? Appropriate sentence - 12month ban from any official role at any club & do Umpire training course and Umpire min 6 games before being considered to re-assume coaching accreditation ..

Come to Keilor they said, be coached by the best coaches they said:
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Using abusive, insulting or obscene language towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 2 playing matches
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Behaving in an abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene manner towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 4 playing matches

Why only 6 matches? Appropriate sentence - 12month ban from any official role at any club & do Umpire training course and Umpire min 6 games before being considered to re-assume coaching accreditation ..
Well said mate totally agree. At least 12 months. EDFL was the perfect time to make a stance and maybe it could entice more umpires.

On the flip side he coaches the C side which play div4 and copped a 10 goal loss against another clubs A side. So is this a case of the league putting teams in incorrect divisions and a coach becoming frustrated. We’re his players getting physically hammered due to the indifference in size? His coaching a C side of kids. Was he trying to protect his kids?? Some will be still learning. Is he coaching as maybe no one else wanted to do it being the C side.
A lot of coaches coach purely for wins and don’t care or understand what opposition teams might be going through. This example is an A side (most likely some really strong big kids) playing against a C team of kids just out for the enjoyment and excerise. Does the A team coach understand the indifference or couldn’t care??

I’m not defending his actions but I’ve been saying this imbalance in B and C teams playing strong A teams doesn’t add up to me.

I wasnt there and know nothing of the incident, nor am I critical of a particular team just saying. I’ve seen similar things where clubs have no respect or sport like attitude to lower teams just out to “have a go and do there best”. You should actually acknowledge that a teams C side or B side is willing to run out against some A sides.

“Just saying”

Last edited:
Well said mate totally agree. At least 12 months. EDFL was the perfect time to make a stance and maybe it could entice more umpires.

On the flip side he coaches the C side which play div4 and copped a 10 goal loss against another clubs A side. So is this a case of the league putting teams in incorrect divisions and a coach becoming frustrated. We’re his players getting physically hammered due to the indifference in size? His coaching a C side of kids. Was he trying to protect his kids?? Some will be still learning. Is he coaching as maybe no one else wanted to do it being the C side.
A lot of coaches coach purely for wins and don’t care or understand what opposition teams might be going through. This example is an A side (most likely some really strong big kids) playing against a C team of kids just out for the enjoyment and excerise. Does the A team coach understand the indifference or couldn’t care??

I’m not defending his actions but I’ve been saying this imbalance in B and C teams playing strong A teams doesn’t add up to me.

I wasnt there and know nothing of the incident, nor am I critical of a particular team just saying. I’ve seen similar things where clubs have no respect or sport like attitude to lower teams just out to “have a go and do there best”. You should actually acknowledge that a teams C side or B side is willing to run out against some A sides.

“Just saying”
I get your point and it is valid(and as you say does not excuse the behavior in any way)... Just maybe if the kids poached from other clubs playing in the "1's" and "2's" teams went back to their original clubs then they would only have 2 sides and this wouldn't happen and gooses like this wouldn't be in that position.. BTW - Keilor 1's won by 15goals(reckon they weren't coaching to maximise the win), and Keilor 2's beat another Clubs 1's team by 6goals

"Just saying"

I get your point and it is valid(and as you say does not excuse the behavior in any way)... Just maybe if the kids poached from other clubs playing in the "1's" and "2's" teams went back to their original clubs then they would only have 2 sides and this wouldn't happen and gooses like this wouldn't be in that position.. BTW - Keilor 1's won by 15goals(reckon they weren't coaching to maximise the win), and Keilor 2's beat another Clubs 1's team by 6goals

"Just saying"

Yeah but Keilor As played Abers As so I guess they both should be in division 1.

The other result wasn’t to bad mate.

“Just saying”

If you don't want to use it as an excuse then don't bring it up.

Your reasoning is, the coach is frustrated with his C team playing an A team so he took his frustrations out on the umpire.

Who's next in line to have his frustrations taken out on.

If you don't want to use it as an excuse then don't bring it up.

Your reasoning is, the coach is frustrated with his C team playing an A team so he took his frustrations out on the umpire.

Who's next in line to have his frustrations taken out on.

No just saying I wonder if he was unhappy about something and seeked help but probably went about it the wrong way. Just an assumption mate

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back