EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Come to Keilor they said, be coached by the best coaches they said:
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Using abusive, insulting or obscene language towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 2 playing matches
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Behaving in an abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene manner towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 4 playing matches

Why only 6 matches? Appropriate sentence - 12month ban from any official role at any club & do Umpire training course and Umpire min 6 games before being considered to re-assume coaching accreditation ..
Oak Parks 18”s coach got 6 weeks for umpire abuse a few weeks back, part of your coaching modules is about respect & been a good role model…. I agree 100% with you on re accreditation.

So he was unhappy with the grading of his team and went to seek help from the umpires by abusing them.
I’m just putting out sone possibilities of what might have occurred FFS. I’m not in any way supporting the actions as I’ve previously mentioned but what triggered it off. This league has caused many issues at junior level through stupidity.

On the weekend seen a kid get concussed due to putting his head over the ball and an opposing kid the running full tilt at the player and only going the man. Free kick but no report. In AFL it’s weeks. Protect the head. Umpires were great overall but clearly didn’t see it how it should have been. Kid on ground concussed and will miss weeks. The offending player will do it again this week as well as no action to educate them. Things can trigger people that’s all I’m saying.

I will move on!!

Come to Keilor they said, be coached by the best coaches they said:
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Using abusive, insulting or obscene language towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 2 playing matches
Jared Threlfall Keilor (Coach) Under 16 Boys Behaving in an abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene manner towards or in relation to an Umpire Suspended 4 playing matches

Why only 6 matches? Appropriate sentence - 12month ban from any official role at any club & do Umpire training course and Umpire min 6 games before being considered to re-assume coaching accreditation ..
Yet again the EDFL fail. Another opportunity to send a clear message to so called "adults" who choose to take to abusing umpires rather than teaching the skills of our game. It is any wonder the nation is struggling for umpires across all codes. Without umpires we don't have games, therefore participation diminishes. I am with you Bang however i would take a stronger stance, life ban from coaching for these types. My reasoning is that apart from these isolated incidents the young people who are exposed to this behaviour are very vunerable and easily influenced. They love their coaches, they listen to what they say, in fact in terms of coaching and sport they are more influencial than the parents and they remember their coaches for the rest of their lives. Is this what these kids need to be exposed to? Perhaps the EDFL can appeal their own decision on this one

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi folks

Here's a freaky alignment of games this Saturday.

The teams placed first and second in Division 1 for the following competitions all play each other: Western Region Football League (WRFL), Essendon District Football League (EDFL) and Northern Football Netball League (NFNL).

Details:
Western Region Football League (WRFL)
Caroline Springs V Altona

Essendon District Football League (EDFL)
Keilor v Aberfeldie

Northern Football Netball League (NFNL)
Montmorency v Heidelberg

As a spectator who likes to attend all competitions, I am spoilt for choice.
Which game should I attend?

Hi folks

The teams placed first and second in Division 1 for the following competitions all play each other: Western Region Football League (WRFL), Essendon District Football League (EDFL) and Northern Football Netball League (NFNL).

Details:

Keilor v Aberfeldie

Montmorency v Heidelberg

Id say the Montmorency game. Think CS and Abbers will make easy work of Keilor and Altona. But you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks

Details:

Keilor v Aberfeldie

Montmorency v Heidelberg

Mont vs Heidelberg will be a great game.
Wale-Buxton vs Gilmore
Jong vs Smith
Honeychurch vs Wilson
2 gun forwards on both team’s Fitzgerald (Mont) Minogue (Heid)
First round was a 1 point game, this will be another great game.

Keilor and Abers should be a great game between the best 2 teams to date but match of the round is EK v Strathmore for mine, so much at stake

Massive stakes, If EK win they put one foot in the door to play finals, going to be tough for EK with their outs. Strathmore got a full strength side and to be honest I think them at full strength is the best side in the comp, watched theIr game against keilor, that was impressive.

Going to be a good game hopefully the weather holds up for the weekend!

Massive stakes, If EK win they put one foot in the door to play finals, going to be tough for EK with their outs. Strathmore got a full strength side and to be honest I think them at full strength is the best side in the comp, watched theIr game against keilor, that was impressive.

Going to be a good game hopefully the weather holds up for the weekend!

Who will be missing for EK ?
Strathmore hardly full strength with O’Brien not playing, along with Jury been Mores best player.

Who will be missing for EK ?
Strathmore hardly full strength with O’Brien not playing, along with Jury been Mores best player.

O’brien and jury both named to play, what makes you say they are out?

Caluzzi, laguda, Rayner, coletta out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

O’brien and jury both named to play, what makes you say they are out?

Caluzzi, laguda, Rayner, coletta out.

Dean O’Brien is playing. Nick O’Brien is out.

I don’t think Gremlin was saying Jury was out as well. He was suggesting that along with Jury, Nick O’Brien has been Mores best player.

Last edited:
Dean O’Brien is playing. Nick O’Brien is out.

I don’t Gremlin was saying Jury was out as well. He was suggesting that along with Jury, Nick O’Brien has been Mores best player.

Ahh right, misread that. Just saw Obrien was named didn’t even check to see if it was Nick. Heard he’s been killing it this year

EK found out today SM far too good all over the park. Scoreboard probably flattered EK at 1/4 time after a physical start and mores missing 4 pretty easy set shots but still led by 2 goals. After that it was one way traffic and Mores ran them ragged. Over umpired game frustrating EK and they lost their discipline and coach sent off (yellow) for striking.

Vavra dominated Stewart in the ruck and Jury and Iaccobucci very busy at stoppage kept coming up with the ball. Dion Hill was moved to key back and he stemmed the flow for a while but it was all Strathmore. EK will likely need to knock one of either Abers or Keilor at least and probably both if they are to play finals, they need a change in form quick smart. They looked slow and got outworked today.

Abers another impressive showing and now firm favs for the flag ? Keilor come to a halt the last month and Mick will be scratching his head.

Avondale will go above EDS and looks like it’s down to 2 for relegation although Glenroy probably need to find 2 wins.
Pacco keep rolling with another big win

EK found out today SM far too good all over the park. Scoreboard probably flattered EK at 1/4 time after a physical start and mores missing 4 pretty easy set shots but still led by 2 goals. After that it was one way traffic and Mores ran them ragged. Over umpired game frustrating EK and they lost their discipline and coach sent off (yellow) for striking.

Vavra dominated Stewart in the ruck and Jury and Iaccobucci very busy at stoppage kept coming up with the ball. Dion Hill was moved to key back and he stemmed the flow for a while but it was all Strathmore. EK will likely need to knock one of either Abers or Keilor at least and probably both if they are to play finals, they need a change in form quick smart. They looked slow and got outworked today.

Abers another impressive showing and now firm favs for the flag ? Keilor come to a halt the last month and Mick will be scratching his head.

Avondale will go above EDS and looks like it’s down to 2 for relegation although Glenroy probably need to find 2 wins.
Pacco keep rolling with another big win

Ok hold on a second mate that’s actually delusional lolllllllll clearly a strathmore supporter if you think vavra dominated Stewart, he didn’t loose a tap all day mate and was best on ground for EK by a mile. He literally dominated and made vavra look like a 2’s player. Tucked the whole game with no rest. Easily best ruckman in this comp only one that will give him a run is Meese. Go watch the game again I’m sure anyone else there will agree with me on the that point. Even “mores” would agree with this comment lol

I’m actually shocked on your Stewart comment I don’t know if your taking the piss or not lolll

Strathmore we’re far too good tho all around the ground. Didn’t help EK had no bench at 1/4 time with 4 going down to injury in the first quarter and played half the third quarter with 17 men due to the card you mentioned and then whole last quarter with 17 men after a 5th player went down early.

It wouldn’t of changed the result but the margin would not of been 50 points.

Last edited:
Ok hold on a second mate that’s actually delusional lolllllllll clearly a strathmore supporter if you think vavra dominated Stewart, he didn’t loose a tap all day mate and was best on ground for EK by a mile. He literally dominated and made vavra look like a 2’s player. Tucked the whole game with no rest. Easily best ruckman in this comp only one that will give him a run is Meese. Go watch the game again I’m sure anyone else there will agree with me on the that point.

I’m actually shocked on your Stewart comment I don’t know if your trying to wind me up or not lolll

Strathmore we’re far too good tho all around the ground. Didn’t help EK had no bench at 1/4 time with 4 going down to injury in the first quarter and played half the third quarter with 17 men due to the card you mentioned and then whole last quarter with 17 men after a 5th player went down early.

It wouldn’t of changed the result but the margin would not of been 50 points.

Very very surprised Stewart named best but I suppose you had to name someone and you didn’t have a winner on the ground!
Vavra won for mine but happy to disagree on that. I’m certainly neutral mate, and do not support Strathmore!

Bit more focus on fitness, a better coach and a stack more cash splashed before EK are contending.

I wasn’t aware of the injuries to EK but it’s a bit of a broken record. The margin was 50 points because EK kicked 5 goals in the last when Mores put the que in the rack. Should have been 80+.

Luke Jarred only lasted 10 mins and Egglestone did a decent Hammy for Mores.

EK only players that could be considered for best players would be Taveski-Beck, Dion Hill and thought Shaw beat Tsialtas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back