EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

On a another topic will Boris last the season @ Greenvale surely they in all sorts
I'm not privy to any internal chatter but from a look at their side, I'm not sure how much blame can be allocated to Bewick.
Their big names are probably past their best which coupled with the fact the club hasn't recruited to cover the effects of time or departures & issues with their junior pathways in recent times the drop-off is completely understandable IMO.

I'm not privy to any internal chatter but from a look at their side, I'm not sure how much blame can be allocated to Bewick.
Their big names are probably past their best which coupled with the fact the club hasn't recruited to cover the effects of time or departures & issues with their junior pathways in recent times the drop-off is completely understandable IMO.
Yes I agree the decline in there juniors is telling where up the road at Westmeadows it appears a more attractive option!!

Tips this week?

Greenvale 30 points
Strathmore 50 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

west meadows is now the biggest participant club in the Hume area ,they have a good junior program and are getting players selected to rep sides in both boy and girls also getting senior players on Vfl development lists ,one at Richmond and two at Williamstown so they are heading in the right direction.
Pity they get paid a pittance and are statistically highly unlikely to keep playing at VFL level .
It is a disgrace that they can get 4 or 5 times more locally and the AFL/VFL clubs are simply taking advantage of the players dream to play AFL as it is the only way in and they know it!
The AFLW woman get paid MUCH MORE and every game is televised . :tonguewink:

The second best comp in the state is A JOKE!!!

And just as big a load of CRAP is that the EDFL is the only comp that I know of where 4 games wont qualify you for finals. You have to play more EDFL than VFL to qualify for finals.

What a shocking thing. Why would the EDFL not want the best players playing finals and four games is a fair amount for VFL listed players.
No wonder clubs play games with team sheets.

A FUC-ING very bad JOKE !!!

Pity they get paid a pittance and are statistically highly unlikely to keep playing at VFL level .
It is a disgrace that they can get 4 or 5 times more locally and the AFL/VFL clubs are simply taking advantage of the players dream to play AFL as it is the only way in and they know it!
The AFLW woman get paid MUCH MORE and every game is televised . :tonguewink:

The second best comp in the state is A JOKE!!!

And just as big a load of CRAP is that the EDFL is the only comp that I know of where 4 games wont qualify you for finals. You have to play more EDFL than VFL to qualify for finals.

What a shocking thing. Why would the EDFL not want the best players playing finals and four games is a fair amount for VFL listed players.
No wonder clubs play games with team sheets.

A FUC-ING very bad JOKE !!!
Not just the EDFL. As soon as your local player plays more than a certain number (can't be bothered checking) there is a trigger, so it doesn't matter if your home grown player has played 4 for their club.

As you say it is a joke.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenvale are shocking, I hear Nat Caruso did his hammy last weekend to add to their injury list. Douttas may win this..

Obvious choice is Strathmore to beat Pacco, this will be a close game. Pacco don't get beaten easily they are the best defensive team in the comp (who is the backs coach down there?) with a very tough midfield. Finals footy in July!

Pacco by 6 - Mores selection tomorrow could be crucial. Likely no O’Brien, Jarred, Egglestone and Tsiatlas looked like he was limping in second half. Should be a great contest.

Greenvale by 12 - Douttas a sneaky rough hope but expect GV to be a touch too good at home.

Pacco by 6 - Mores selection tomorrow could be crucial. Likely no O’Brien, Jarred, Egglestone and Tsiatlas looked like he was limping in second half. Should be a great contest.

Greenvale by 12 - Douttas a sneaky rough hope but expect GV to be a touch too good at home.

Don’t make excuses, was that not what you all told me when I mentioned EK were injury struck + covid since the PV game up until now?

Strathmore have more then enough depth to cover 4 injuries. They will get the job done quite easily. Best team in the comp at full strength in my opinion

Don’t make excuses, was that not what you all told me when I mentioned EK were injury struck + covid since the PV game up until now?

Strathmore have more then enough depth to cover 4 injuries. They will get the job done quite easily. Best team in the comp at full strength in my opinion

Yeah I don’t expect Pacco to beat them by 10 goals though! If one of O’Brien or Jarrad play i would change my tip. Simple fact is Pascoe Vale is a hell of a lot better than EK

Yeah I don’t expect Pacco to beat them by 10 goals though! If one of O’Brien or Jarrad play i would change my tip. Simple fact is Pascoe Vale is a hell of a lot better than EK

Fair enough. It’s 1-1 and since your using injuries as an excuse ek never had close to a full side either game ESPECIALLY the second one. (When I say full side I mean their best side that can fit within the points). Can’t speak for PV don’t know their list well enough.

Would love to see them go head to head with a full list each. Obviously I’d back ek. May have to wait till next year, can’t see strathmore missing finals, will be between ek and pv

Who do you follow anyway out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Westmeadows seniors program is heading in the wrong direction
Fair enough. It’s 1-1 and since your using injuries as an excuse ek never had close to a full side either game ESPECIALLY the second one. (When I say full side I mean their best side that can fit within the points). Can’t speak for PV don’t know their list well enough.

Would love to see them go head to head with a full list each. Obviously I’d back ek. May have to wait till next year, can’t see strathmore missing finals, will be between ek and pv

Who do you follow anyway out of curiosity?

Why does it matter who I follow ? It’s a footy forum. I watch a lot of EDFL football and have done so for 30+ years.

The best 4 teams across 18 rounds will make it through to the finals with all overcoming injuries/Covid/luck etc. and EK will be off the shops with a big kitty to do some more pillaging.

You can throw in Gallucci as well; gone for 2 matches for front on contact. Pacco aren’t a bad team at all, 10 and 3 at this stage.

Mores will be very hard pressed to win this one.

Why does it matter who I follow ? It’s a footy forum. I watch a lot of EDFL football and have done so for 30+ years.

The best 4 teams across 18 rounds will make it through to the finals with all overcoming injuries/Covid/luck etc. and EK will be off the shops with a big kitty to do some more pillaging.

Don’t know why you got defensive when I asked who you followed Should be proud of your team.
But it doesn’t matter who you follow Was only curious if you even followed an edfl team or just a mutual fan of the division.

Settle down lad.

Don’t know why you got defensive when I asked who you followed Should be proud of your team.
But it doesn’t matter who you follow Was only curious if you even followed an edfl team or just a mutual fan of the division.

Settle down lad.

Pot. Kettle. Black

Not just the EDFL. As soon as your local player plays more than a certain number (can't be bothered checking) there is a trigger, so it doesn't matter if your home grown player has played 4 for their club.

As you say it is a joke.
I stand to be corrected but I think you will find the eligibility rule as it stands at the moment is 4 games will qualify a player for the finals regardless of how many VFL games are played. The Rule was amended in the last year but has not been amended on the EDFL website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back