EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer Park being very strategic with their signings. Their list has all the qualities required to win Premier. Class = Goater, Connollo, Morrish, Greenwood, Dorgan,Nikolvski, Captain Spiros. Grunt & Class = Mundy, McKenzie, Greenough, Testa, Aerial Capability = Kia, WK. The balance are a combination of all three. The players mentioned all play better against good opposition and when it counts. Proof is the demolition job they did on the West Coburg in 2023. 96 point flogging despite the king hits etc.
Would not be surprised to see Quick & Smart back at Deer park before season commences. Yes, you heard it here first...

Deer Park being very strategic with their signings. Their list has all the qualities required to win Premier. Class = Goater, Connollo, Morrish, Greenwood, Dorgan,Nikolvski, Captain Spiros. Grunt & Class = Mundy, McKenzie, Greenough, Testa, Aerial Capability = Kia, WK. The balance are a combination of all three. The players mentioned all play better against good opposition and when it counts. Proof is the demolition job they did on the West Coburg in 2023. 96 point flogging despite the king hits etc.
Would not be surprised to see Quick & Smart back at Deer park before season commences.
Those two would want to make a decision ‘Quick Smart’ 🥁

Last edited:

Would not be surprised to see Quick & Smart back at Deer park before season commences.
Caruso x 2 Hillside

I like the confidence of them don't get me wrong but its a different thing top of premier, especially when everyone has improved, if they got smart and quick back id back it more

Did deer park up their offer to 30k sign on and 2k a game?
I like the confidence of them don't get me wrong but its a different thing top of premier, especially when everyone has improved, if they got smart and quick back id back it more

If they did manage to retain Quick & Smart I would definitely have them favourites next season in the … Bashen Cup. Both will make a lot of noise and neither will feature at the pointy end.

Lock in Keilor, Mores and Pacco then daylight. Raffle 4th between any one of Abers, Jets, Deer Park, EK and APW.

Douttas & Avondale predictably look like scrapping it out again to survive.

Any word on Abers coaching position ?

If they did manage to retain Quick & Smart I would definitely have them favourites next season in the … Bashen Cup. Both will make a lot of noise and neither will feature at the pointy end.

Lock in Keilor, Mores and Pacco then daylight. Raffle 4th between any one of Abers, Jets, Deer Park, EK and APW.

Top 5 next season👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pacco are the dark horse next year I reckon…

it really should of always been a top 5, glad to see they changed it hope its a permanent change
Agree, the negative argument has been 5th will never win flag just making up the numbers.

I think it gives clubs/players who continually finish 5th-7th hope they can play finals. Might keep them at club instead of moving to top club for finals.

Div 1 last year HS 5th v St.A 4th was probably most interesting /closest match of finals.

Agree, the negative argument has been 5th will never win flag just making up the numbers.

I think it gives clubs/players who continually finish 5th-7th hope they can play finals. Might keep them at club instead of moving to top club for finals.

Div 1 last year HS 5th v St.A 4th was probably most interesting /closest match of finals.
greenvale would of smoked ek last year in a 4th v 5th that's why I reckon its good

greenvale would of smoked ek last year in a 4th v 5th that's why I reckon its good
Then Greenvale vs Pascoe would have been an interesting elimination in week 2. Don’t love the finals system but top 5 should keep things interesting until the last round the way things look at the moment. That has to be a positive for clubs and crowds, bar, canteen etc.

Deer Park will finish top 4 - confirmed
likely top 2, but we will see the close out of pre-season and transfers etc before I can confirm this
Premier div be afraid!
I tend to agree. They don’t muck around and their intentions are clear. They’ll play finals in their first year in Prem imo and their wish version EK will be wondering how much more they need to spend to keep play finals.

Heath Scotland quote:
“No disrespect to where I’ve been but the club I was at was really big on buying talent, so it was a high turnover – an IPL type set up, come in, come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back