EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Heath has confused the nature of his own tenure and the Deer Park playing group when it comes to IPL style talent. 95% of the first and second grade players have been at Deer Park for years. Most players recruited replaced retiring players. The Skipper has played at Deer Park for 10 years + and is a good example of loyalty. To give the uninformed an insight into Heath he certainly has his good points along with some questionable behaviors. Winning and team rules are important but clipboard disposal when 10 goals up deep into the last quarter is questionable as is feuding with your brother who is strength and conditioning coach leading to him packing up shop and leaving never to be seen again mid game.. Don't know what happened but to see a champion of the club Rodney Van Reit excised reportedly by Heath just prior to the finals after playing all year and playing in many premierships was disappointing to many who admired the contribution of Van Reit to the club for many years. To Van Reit's credit he played the year out in the seconds when he would have been a certain member of the senior grand final side if not for Heath's decision to axe him for reasons unknown.

Couldn't get into the players room at half time of the GF but Pat from EK could. Perhaps Heath was auditioning for a role at EK. Time will tell.
To be fair someone should have given Van Riet the tap on the shoulder 10 years ago.
Scotland and Deer Park sound like a match made in heaven, but coaches come, coaches go and no one in here cares about Deer Park

I think Heath has confused the nature of his own tenure and the Deer Park playing group when it comes to IPL style talent. 95% of the first and second grade players have been at Deer Park for years. Most players recruited replaced retiring players. The Skipper has played at Deer Park for 10 years + and is a good example of loyalty. To give the uninformed an insight into Heath he certainly has his good points along with some questionable behaviors. Winning and team rules are important but clipboard disposal when 10 goals up deep into the last quarter is questionable as is feuding with your brother who is strength and conditioning coach leading to him packing up shop and leaving never to be seen again mid game.. Don't know what happened but to see a champion of the club Rodney Van Reit excised reportedly by Heath just prior to the finals after playing all year and playing in many premierships was disappointing to many who admired the contribution of Van Reit to the club for many years. To Van Reit's credit he played the year out in the seconds when he would have been a certain member of the senior grand final side if not for Heath's decision to axe him for reasons unknown.

Couldn't get into the players room at half time of the GF but Pat from EK could. Perhaps Heath was auditioning for a role at EK. Time will tell.

The same Van Reit who went to EK for $ then came crawling back because he couldn’t get a game?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair someone should have given Van Riet the tap on the shoulder 10 years ago.
Scotland and Deer Park sound like a match made in heaven, but coaches come, coaches go and no one in here cares about Deer Park
Gremlin you are obsessed with Deer park. Be honest Gremlin.

The same Van Reit who went to EK for $ then came crawling back because he couldn’t get a game?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was that before or after he won the EDFl league medal?. Route 39 he has been a solid contributor for many years and was playing excellent football until Heath decided he didn't like him.

Spot on with everything except for the rooms on GF day. Anyone who walked down the race was allowed to enter.

SWOOPINGTIME

No flag is free my friend ..the trick is who stays in business ..don’t give me the Keilor model
They rape other clubs juniors and then charge ridiculous membership fees to finance their club
Seems to be a lot of talk about coaches on here, the edgl had had a heap of new coaches appointed, just wondering your thoughts on 3hosmgoing to make the biggest impact from a coaches perspective in 2024.

My first Inital though would be Leigh Tudor, you don't survive in the elite industry for that long without having a good skill set, very well respected in the Industry, was also even lucky enough to work with him at one of his clubs, so I maybe be a little bias, but what he does it makes players want to be better, will be really Interesting to see if he can do it at local level, where he has to deal with local players and not players in the system or wanting to get to the lite system.

Mick McGuire has been able to do it, so I'm hoping lurker can as well.

Was just wondering peoples thoughts on their coaches and their expected impact

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems to be a lot of talk about coaches on here, the edgl had had a heap of new coaches appointed, just wondering your thoughts on 3hosmgoing to make the biggest impact from a coaches perspective in 2024.

My first Inital though would be Leigh Tudor, you don't survive in the elite industry for that long without having a good skill set, very well respected in the Industry, was also even lucky enough to work with him at one of his clubs, so I maybe be a little bias, but what he does it makes players want to be better, will be really Interesting to see if he can do it at local level, where he has to deal with local players and not players in the system or wanting to get to the lite system.

He started off okay but what success has he had recently? ESS VFL players weren’t real happy and just shows by ladder position? Pacco would be paying overs if it’s a full time job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please use spellcheck in future before posting.

He started off okay but what success has he had recently? ESS VFL players weren’t real happy and just shows by ladder position? Pacco would be paying overs if it’s a full time job?
Likely says more about Essendon VFL than him. Prior to this season he has been a highly regarded AFL senior assistant for a very long time. Excels in tactics and player relationships, my tip would be you’ve heard from a couple over ambitious young fellas not up to it that slandered him ?

Pacco big watch under Tudor and should be playing off at a minimum. Any word on Abers ? Surprisingly quiet and no coach

Likely says more about Essendon VFL than him. Prior to this season he has been a highly regarded AFL senior assistant for a very long time. Excels in tactics and player relationships, my tip would be you’ve heard from a couple over ambitious young fellas not up to it that slandered him ?

Pacco big watch under Tudor and should be playing off at a minimum. Any word on Abers ? Surprisingly quiet and no coach

Tudor wasn't the problem with Essendon VFL. Their VFL program has been the worst of all the Eastern states based AFL clubs post COVID. Pre COVID they played finals every year except for one year and made a prelim 3 times.

Tudor wasn't the problem with Essendon VFL. Their VFL program has been the worst of all the Eastern states based AFL clubs post COVID. Pre COVID they played finals every year except for one year and made a prelim 3 times.
Tudors challenge will be changing the mind set of the whole club. Their list on paper is very good but that doesn't translate into winning finals, you need the right attitude all year , not just for certain periods.
Pacco think they are a very good football team.
Difference is Keilor, Mores know if they work hard they can be a very good football team.

Tudors challenge will be changing the mind set of the whole club. Their list on paper is very good but that doesn't translate into winning finals, you need the right attitude all year , not just for certain periods.
Pacco think they are a very good football team.
Difference is Keilor, Mores know if they work hard they can be a very good football team.
Dont rule out Pacco boys wanting to do the hard work, they are fired up to do better..... watch this space

I have a gripe and it is relevant in my view. AFL clubs whose VFL teams use metro club & country club players sporadically pay those players very little and I believe the clubs nothing. How is fair that an AFL club can pick and choose metro & country players when it suits them and not pay a fair price to the player and the club that clearly suffers when the player is picked in VFL?.

I have a gripe and it is relevant in my view. AFL clubs whose VFL teams use metro club & country club players sporadically pay those players very little and I believe the clubs nothing. How is fair that an AFL club can pick and choose metro & country players when it suits them and not pay a fair price to the player and the club that clearly suffers when the player is picked in VFL?.
The player wants to play VFL. But they signed to play with an AFL aligned club knowing they can get free apparel from that club and go around telling their mates they get to train at the gym with the superstars while only playing the odd game here and there for them when required while cashing in at local footy. $$$

But if being part of a VFL list makes them better footballers as opposed to earning $$$ at local footy, good on them I say.

The player wants to play VFL. But they signed to play with an AFL aligned club knowing they can get free apparel from that club and go around telling their mates they get to train at the gym with the superstars while only playing the odd game here and there for them when required while cashing in at local footy. $$$

But if being part of a VFL list makes them better footballers as opposed to earning $$$ at local footy, good on them I say.
I agree, the commitment these players make to train and play VFL is way beyond local footy training and most on $200-$400 a game whether a VFL Club or AFL Aligned Club.

I get more frustrated with the bloke shopping himself around every year jumping from club to club, league to league and wanting bucket loads of cash and can only train one night a week.

These are the mercenaries that hold clubs to ransom. And the stupid thing is clubs cave and pay it. They show no loyalty to the footy club at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back