EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t know for sure but maybe it’s just because they are sick of losing and don’t see much hope on the horizon. Buckley Park is a great facility these days, best ground to watch football in my bias opinion. I believe they have a great coach and a fresh young committee behind him. The juniors have been building solidly for a number of years and are starting to produce nice young players. The have money to recruit but just can’t attract anyone to the club, unfortunately they probably need to drop back for a few years and slowly build again.
Brown was the final straw on top of Schroder, Boyse, Jensen, Day & Calvaresi last season. There is at least 6 more names that haven’t been mentioned that have left as well. Unless they can get some quality back in 2023 is going to be very tough
Maybe it’s their boring guernsey 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Calder Cannons recruiting factory officially dead now. Is it talent or coaching? Are they focusing on Next Gen academy and FS and the genuine footballers are being overlooked for the 190+ athlete.

Is the Calder Cannons recruiting factory officially dead now. Is it talent or coaching? Are they focusing on Next Gen academy and FS and the genuine footballers are being overlooked for the 190+ athlete.
quality of coaches and talent scouts has really dropped in last 5 years, were way out in from of jets but have now fallen behind by getting in the wrong people in to run the show

quality of coaches and talent scouts has really dropped in last 5 years, were way out in from of jets but have now fallen behind by getting in the wrong people in to run the show
Well the Calder player drafted wasn’t even really a local rather a boarder from assumption college

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the Calder region has gone back over the last few years. Then again, the AFL is pushing expansion in NSW and QLD and suddenly local Victorian leagues become less of a requirement.

That said, the Eastern regions seem to have lept well ahead of the others when it comes to developing kids.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the Calder region has gone back over the last few years. Then again, the AFL is pushing expansion in NSW and QLD and suddenly local Victorian leagues become less of a requirement.

That said, the Eastern regions seem to have lept well ahead of the others when it comes to developing kids.
Think you’ll find most of those kids from the eastern region go to the top end private schools on scholarships and probably getting better development then the under 18 teams.

Think you’ll find most of those kids from the eastern region go to the top end private schools on scholarships and probably getting better development then the under 18 teams.

Yep, fair call. My son said as much to me too.

Northern League put their fixture out yesterday. Do we even know if there are new clubs entering our league?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clubs have who they are going to be playing next year. In Div 1 u have the top 4 & deer park/St Albans playing each other twice, the bottom 4 side only play Deer park & St Albans once . With the bottom 3 sides In 2023 going down to Div 2.

Clubs have who they are going to be playing next year. In Div 1 u have the top 4 & deer park/St Albans playing each other twice, the bottom 4 side only play Deer park & St Albans once . With the bottom 3 sides In 2023 going down to Div 2.
Not correct Big Kick (only bottom 2 sides)
BY END OF SEASON 2023:

Premier Division Relegation - Bottom placed team on the ladder will be relegated to Division 1 (normal arrangement)

Division 1 Promotion - Premiership winner will be promoted to Premier Division (normal arrangement)

Division 1 Relegation - Bottom two placed teams on the ladder will be relegated to Division 2 (one extra team than normal)

Division 2 Promotion - Premiership winner will be promoted to Division 1 (normal arrangement)

Heard similar although it is top/bottom split in 5’s.

18 rounds, play 7 teams twice & 4 teams once.

This was never going to end well, fixture may well decide positions in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back