EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Localblues

Senior List
Nov 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Cavka a really good player?. When I watched him a few years back he seemed pretty slow but skillful. What are his strengths & weaknesses?.
I think I've seen him play twice live, and honestly, I noticed at least 10 players before him.
Cavka fully fit is easily in Keilors top handful of players. Unfortunately can’t seem to stay injury free for longer than 4-6 weeks at a time. Strengths is his power and skills can turn a game in 5 minutes. Weakness is staying injury free

Sorry for my lack of posts. I was kept up all night trying to think about what I could write about what has unfolded. I have the great grandkids coming over so I have to make this quick.

It is like leading a moth to a flame. Strathmore have added former afl talents Trent Dumont now Shaun Mckernan. When does this end. Tom and Jerry sort of set up in the league. Strathmore forever chasing while Keilor forever escaping. It is a show of desperation that the Allison administration despised.

Mckernan’s body will hold up as well as Lebanese Reserve with this weather. L O L

TheFootballWhisperer OUT

Strathmore were premiers, what? 12 months ago?
Not bad for a club forever chasing..
I doubt many would turn their noses up at signings of the calibre of Dumont or McKernan, either.
Tbh, I'm beginning to feel bad for the departed coach, not due to anything Strathmore have done but for the nonsense served up by his cheerleaders.

Strathmore AGM tomorrow night. Should be an interesting evening.

Sorry for my lack of posts. I was kept up all night trying to think about what I could write about what has unfolded. I have the great grandkids coming over so I have to make this quick.

It is like leading a moth to a flame. Strathmore have added former afl talents Trent Dumont now Shaun Mckernan. When does this end. Tom and Jerry sort of set up in the league. Strathmore forever chasing while Keilor forever escaping. It is a show of desperation that the Allison administration despised.

Mckernan’s body will hold up as well as Lebanese Reserve with this weather. L O L

TheFootballWhisperer OUT
What exactly are the Mores forever chasing ? Won a flag as recently as 2 seasons ago and played off this year. Who knows how close they push Keilor with a decent coach this season.

Flags since McGuane arrived at Keilor -
Strathmore. Keilor - 4
Aberfeldie - 3
Marby Park - 2
Greenvale - 2

Flags over the last 25 seasons -
Strathmore. Keilor - 6
Greenvale - 4
Aberfeldie - 3
Marby Park. Oak Park - 2
Douttas - 1

Flags in Current decade -
Strathmore - 2
Keilor - 1

Keep digging Champ 🕳️

What exactly are the Mores forever chasing ? Won a flag as recently as 2 seasons ago and played off this year. Who knows how close they push Keilor with a decent coach this season.

Flags since McGuane arrived at Keilor -
Strathmore. Keilor - 4
Aberfeldie - 3
Marby Park - 2
Greenvale - 2

Flags over the last 25 seasons -
Strathmore. Keilor - 6
Greenvale - 4
Aberfeldie - 3
Marby Park. Oak Park - 2
Douttas - 1

Flags in Current decade -
Strathmore - 2
Keilor - 1

Keep digging Champ 🕳️
is this all counting the 2021 mickey flag?

Is Cavka a really good player?. When I watched him a few years back he seemed pretty slow but skillful. What are his strengths & weaknesses?.
I only watched Keilor this year with my son playing there. The first game I seen live I thought Cavka was best on ground easily. I rate him right up there based on seeing him when he was up and going.

Clearly in Keilors best 3 or 4 players. They are a better side with him in it, that’s for sure.

TheFootballWhisperer OUT
Despise it so much that he and his little helpers came up with every excuse in the book why he should keep the job

Clay Illman officially appointed Abers Coach. The logical choice especially considering most potential candiates would have had a job sorted for 2024 by now.

Abers could have been scared too by the fact that Illman could have considered applying for the coaching role for the boys under 18s at Calder Cannons which has been recently vacated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mckernan obviously a great addition to any local side. Strathmore’s key forwards were out injured half the year. They won it the year before and appear to only have lost their captain Allison who was a half back flanker/pocket. 2nds won the flag so players knocking on the door to get a game.
Do they need to spend on someone like Mckernan?

Mckernan obviously a great addition to any local side. Strathmore’s key forwards were out injured half the year. They won it the year before and appear to only have lost their captain Allison who was a half back flanker/pocket. 2nds won the flag so players knocking on the door to get a game.
Do they need to spend on someone like Mckernan?
They also lost Tommy Condon to Parkside.
Cooper Keogh won't be prominent given hes switched from North Reserves to Coburg for VFL.

Finding a reason why Keilor won’t win the flag in 2024 is like finding a needle in a haystack. Comparing the mores to Keilor is like comparing earth to heaven

Finding a reason why Keilor won’t win the flag in 2024 is like finding a needle in a haystack. Comparing the mores to Keilor is like comparing earth to heaven
Hyperbole to the side, it sounds like the decision to change coaches was the right one then..

Hyperbole to the side, it sounds like the decision to change coaches was the right one then..
Like talking to a brick wall BJ. TheWhisperer has obviously got a vested interest in spreading manufactured tripe, due to a close association with the previous coach. Joining date of 17th Oct pretty well coincides with decision not to reappoint Allison. Pretty sad really, and does him no credit at all.

Deer Park have won more flags in the last 10 years than Keilor whisperer. Deer Park would have flogged Strathmore in 2023 and given keilor a flogging in the grand final.

what's the difference in quality between wrfl a grade and edfl a grade?
It’s a big gap in standard, Deer Park this year would have won it again IMO. Not many outside DP are predicting they will play finals in Premier next season.
After the top few in the WRFL it drops away significantly.

It’s a big gap in standard, Deer Park this year would have won it again IMO. Not many outside DP are predicting they will play finals in Premier next season.
After the top few in the WRFL it drops away significantly.
Hey Gremlin, I think they very well might make the top 4. My early predictions,
Keilor
Pacco
Strathmore
Deer Park
Airport West
East Keilor
Aberfiede
Greenvale
Avondale
Douttas

Remove this Banner Ad