EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to deer park today I found it strange the way they used the interchange 18 minute mark of the first quarter was their first interchange, only 4/5 for the quarter. Meanwhile keilor had about 20. One player for deer park hardly got on the ground , in the coaches defence he looked like he had just eaten a bucket of kfc.

In regards to deer park today I found it strange the way they used the interchange 18 minute mark of the first quarter was their first interchange, only 4/5 for the quarter. Meanwhile keilor had about 20. One player for deer park hardly got on the ground , in the coaches defence he looked like he had just eaten a bucket of kfc.
They did the same last season.

New coach must be using Scotland’s hand me down notes.

I’m guessing you’re a goldy cheerleader as said deer park supporters have been doing it for years

Wrong
I know of three clubs last year that had their biggest turnover on the days they hosted DP..
a sea of blue polos and vests everywhere and most stayed til 630/7pm.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think any of the ressies did a preseason. They only had 16 players of which 4 were over 45 yo and 4 were under 18 yo. Good on them for having a go but based on what I saw DP have 0 depth…

that’s been an issue at DP for a couple years, 2’s just been a couple of young kids and then rest are older players (such as Luke Summers).

Feel like DP just have too many players who only play a small handful of games so their depth looks crap.

Keilor supporters do it at every away game,like Goldy told there supporters…SCABS
Jessie I go to majority of Keilor games and I always buy my food and beer from home club so not sure it’s everyone.

I enjoy reading club’s history on their honour boards and seeing what’s going on around the place.

Pretty sure it’s not all Keilor supporters mate.

that’s been an issue at DP for a couple years, 2’s just been a couple of young kids and then rest are older players (such as Luke Summers).

Feel like DP just have too many players who only play a small handful of games so their depth looks crap.
They were 1 game off a Grand Final last season.

Just for your info the club was severely depleted with unavailabilitys yesterday. Captain of the 2's got married hence the reason for several old blokes running around.

Depth is no doubt an issue though with several departures from last season. We had 5-6 ressies players filling in for the 1's against the benchmark of the Premier competition who have touched up most on this division along the way.

Along with several serving suspensions from last years GF victory over WC and a few key 1's players also unavailable it was always going to be tough assignment. Hats off to Keilor as mentioned last week they are a class outfit and were no doubt considerably fitter than the lions running out the game way to strong for us.

Was an arm wrestle till the main break though with key personal to return.

Just for your info the club was severely depleted with unavailabilitys yesterday. Captain of the 2's got married hence the reason for several old blokes running around.

Depth is no doubt an issue though with several departures from last season. We had 5-6 ressies players filling in for the 1's against the benchmark of the Premier competition who have touched up most on this division along the way.

Along with several serving suspensions from last years GF victory over WC and a few key 1's players also unavailable it was always going to be tough assignment. Hats off to Keilor as mentioned last week they are a class outfit and were no doubt considerably fitter than the lions running out the game way to strong for us.

I understand they had a few out but that’s football happens to everyone. Still doesn’t explain the use of the interchange bench 18 mins till their first interchange just doesn’t make sense these days. First quarter they were competitive started to drop off in the second maybe they were stuffed interchanging their better players may have helped

Jessie I go to majority of Keilor games and I always buy my food and beer from home club so not sure it’s everyone.

I enjoy reading club’s history on their honour boards and seeing what’s going on around the place.

Pretty sure it’s not all Keilor supporters mate.
Not 100% sure but believe in the past it’s been a small group that pay some sort of membership at the start of the year and they get beers & food at away games. Think Marby Park spoke up about it last season too. Assume they are still doing it, and it’s poor!

I support you in saying it’s only a minority of Keilor supporters, and in my experience they always travel in big numbers and hang around post game. Club needs to seriously look at the supporter/members group that do this and find an alternative. Leave the confrontations on the park!

Deer Park are renowned for big home and travelling support, one of the few things they do well. Without healthy competition, there is no competition.

Tough ask first up with the unavailabilities and won’t be the last team that cop a hiding from Keilor. Games against the likes of EK, Abers, APW will show us whether they can compete for finals this season.

Was s**t !!! Players even found it hard …
#10 for EDS thug act…. Pacco player kicked the ball and then was run into blind sided: concussion … out for 21 days… few hits behind play, and they seem to like stomping on opponents feet and ankles in stoppages…
Pacco #8 reported for striking as retaliation for dirty behind play antics… watch for it other clubs !
Pacco 10 goal winners

First time poster here…just read through this 2024 discussion thread.
Absolute gold.
Look forward to visiting again.
The ‘we had heaps out’ excuse is a shocker in all leagues. Park that one as every team has injuries and absences. The 22 who run out are your best team. Excuses are boring.
Look forward to more reading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back