EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Few issues from todays match at Windy Hill between Deer Park the 7 straight premiership - covid recess - 1 premiership outfit & last years losing grand finalists Strathmore.
1. Catering - absolute disgrace. $10 for chips. $3.00 potatoe Cake, $8.00 for hot dog & $16 for hamburger. FFS Strathmore let the local Rotary Club cook a sausage sizzle to feed the spectators
2. Umpiring - some absolute shocking decisions that resulted in goals to Strathmore. Lift your game umpires.
3. Scoreboard - nobody could read it at all. Pathetic
4. Centre Bounce/throwup - Throw the ball up 50% on each side of the centre rather than the city side all day.

Please advise who actually said they would contend in Premier this season @ DP?

Did your captain not stand up at your presentation night and say “tell Keilor we’re coming”?
Laughable comment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ole Mortlock. You are obsessed with Deer Park it seems. Come to a Deer Park home game and put aside an hour or so to look at the silverware and premiership team photos. This year is purely a consolidation year and Deer Park have well and truely proved they are competitive and have enhanced what was a wilting league. Certainly have more followers than every club bar Keilor.
Keilor don’t have the biggest support base in this league especially based on home and away, and Deer Park certainly don’t have the second biggest although they do have a loyal following that go away and home.

Champ! Cobba! Can we expect a maaate next? Last years DP team could possibly have got within 7-8 goals of Strathmore, and that’s on their very best day. Keilor would have flogged them by 20 goals, easing up. Pacco and EK would have also comfortably disposed of DP.

Don’t worry though, you’re safe, as you’ll never have to put it to the test.
Umm I’m not so sure Stax. That Deer Park side of 2023 was pretty good and personally think they would have gone ok but we will never know I guess..

You have taken the wrong route 59. The player that said that does not play at Deer park in 24 and when it was said it was said in jest. Thank you.

Few issues from todays match at Windy Hill between Deer Park the 7 straight premiership - covid recess - 1 premiership outfit & last years losing grand finalists Strathmore.
1. Catering - absolute disgrace. $10 for chips. $3.00 potatoe Cake, $8.00 for hot dog & $16 for hamburger. FFS Strathmore let the local Rotary Club cook a sausage sizzle to feed the spectators
2. Umpiring - some absolute shocking decisions that resulted in goals to Strathmore. Lift your game umpires.
3. Scoreboard - nobody could read it at all. Pathetic
4. Centre Bounce/throwup - Throw the ball up 50% on each side of the centre rather than the city side all day.
Longbow. A magnificent preamble leading into your four points that in no way explore the simple reality that your mob lost! Yes you lost. You sound pathetic.

Deer Park would have annihilated Strathmore and more than likely beaten Keilor in 23. Goater & Morrish would be 1st and 2nd picked in any edfl premier team.
Pity quite a few of your team of champions from 2023 didn’t have the cojones/loyalty to test themselves in the premier division then isn’t it?

One would have thought that if they were so confident in their ability to take the top division by storm, then they would have stuck around to actually prove it on the field.

Instead we are now left with their supporters, fuelled by an overdose of irrational hubris and delusion bragging about the outcome of hypothetical matchups.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity quite a few of your team of champions from 2023 didn’t have the cojones/loyalty to test themselves in the premier division then isn’t it?

One would have thought that if they were so confident in their ability to take the top division by storm, then they would have stuck around to actually prove it on the field.

Instead we are now left with their supporters, fuelled by an overdose of irrational hubris and delusion bragging about the outcome of hypothetical matchups.

Excellent post!

Ok.
Who was it?
Why did he say?
Why has he left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not the captain, he is a now a defender at EK.
Was celebrating the win and stated "we're coming for Keilor", big deal and you would want your player to have that attitude.
Was given a stack of money by PC...To be honest a good player however not worth money was offered.
High possibility he will be back at DP next year... If they want him..

You can say what you want about DP, After the first 8 rounds i would expect they are OK with where they sit.
They have been competitive in most games and for first year team that's a pass mark.

Just look at recent comparisons of team that came up Glenroy, Craigieburn and the 3 teams thay sit above on ladder, EK, AW and AH.

A few more recruits over summer and I will be surprised if they are not in finals next year.

Not bad first year.

Was celebrating the win and stated "we're coming for Keilor", big deal and you would want your player to have that attitude.
Was given a stack of money by PC...To be honest a good player however not worth money was offered.

You can say what you want about DP, After the first 8 rounds i would expect they are OK with where they sit.
They have been competitive in most games and for first year team that's a pass mark.

Just look at recent comparisons of team that came up Glenroy, Craigieburn and the 3 teams thay sit above on ladder, EK, AW and AH.

A few more recruits over summer and I will be surprised if they are not in finals next year.

Not bad first year.
Ahh that's refreshing.....honest assessment with no axe to grind. Well said!

Not bad first year.
EK had 10 or 11 wins first year up and would have played finals if it was a top 5 system.

further explaining my comments from earlier in this thread, thank you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back