EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard on the grapevine during the week that Lachie Hansens asking price is 3K per game? Surely not. Turbo r u sponsoring him so he plays at Pacco? Its all about the jumper!

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t know how they’re all going to fit in under the points cap come finals time. Could be some dissension within the ranks when one or more of the high pointers can’t be fitted in.

Also let’s hope the leagues integrity officer is vetting player payments very closely. Just can’t see any way Pacco can come in under the salary cap.

Turbo, what’s your take on this?

Last edited:
That you Turbo?

G’day my old mate. No I only have the one account and apparently my identity is known at most clubs..

Don’t know how they’re all going to fit in under the points cap come finals time. Could be some dissension within the ranks when one or more of the high pointers can’t be fitted in.

Also let’s hope the leagues integrity officer is vetting player payments very closely. Just can’t see any way Pacco can come in under the salary cap.

Turbo, what’s your take on this?

Allen only a 3 pointer mate and I guess heard good things from ex Noble Park player Anderson. So far no recruits carrying high points. Watson a bonus recruit and Pacco were due for a good quality 1 pointer. 2 ex players have returned which is another positive for the club. One being a past club B&F winner and the other an elite player of the competition who on his day is a match winner. Good smart recruiting I reckon.
I do reckon they might need another ruckman unless Tydell returns and plays there. The bonus is his 1 point as well..
Let’s be honest it would be great to see another club challenge the big clubs. Got to be happy for the underdog!

Stax.. I hear Strathmore are done recruiting and have finalised there list. Greenvale nearly done as well. Abers still looking for a couple. EDS well I best not go into there issues as you all probably have heard. Keilor have a couple of cards to play but think they will rebuild somewhat. Avondale will improve if they can land a key back and another goalkicker to help Patty. Marby confidant with there recruits. Think WC will go for youth and no idea what’s going on at Glenroy as they won’t let me into suburb anymore..Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly been one poor decision made within a group of mates.
What players need to comprehend is that one poor decision can have an adverse effect on any future moves. The additional point for constant moving rather than settling and taking the annual point reduction makes some unattractive to clubs.

Can play & hopefully settles for a period.

Certainly been one poor decision made within a group of mates.
What players need to comprehend is that one poor decision can have an adverse effect on any future moves. The additional point for constant moving rather than settling and taking the annual point reduction makes some unattractive to clubs.

Can play & hopefully settles for a period.

That’s true mate. I thought the reason behind him leaving the edfl was to play with a group of mates. Sometimes it’s not always greener on the other side..
I do however like the idea of players playing with a group of mates and sometimes going to a club that hasn’t had the ultimate success for some years. That’s a downside to the points cap in that it’s now restricted clubs in some way with recruiting. Think the points cap has been detrimental to new captain/coaches and prospective coaches as they can’t bring a core of players along with them. I think there needs to be a cap on players going from 1 club to another but if the coach is getting them from multiple clubs/leagues why should he be restrained by this system..Example: Why shouldn’t a group of 5-6 mates be allowed to play at the same club under a certain coach or assistant coach?? Why restrict them from enjoying the game. In this case most would play for less money to play with a core of mates.

Good post mate, like the humour/banter. Not sure where your getting your info from but if someone was to get anywhere near that price can you imagine the outcry from others and disharmony it would bring. It’s local footy mate..and the boys in black & red don’t spend big.. Bit still to play out and not sure his headed to the edfl. Hope this helps answer your question bud..

I see EDFL not participating in the Senior Vic Metro Championships next year citing financial reasons.
Here's a Tip fella's , stop paying players to play in it. Players should want to represent their League without financial inducements.
It is LOCAL FOOTY after all

I see EDFL not participating in the Senior Vic Metro Championships next year citing financial reasons.
Here's a Tip fella's , stop paying players to play in it. Players should want to represent their League without financial inducements.
It is LOCAL FOOTY after all
Local footy is practically a 2nd job these days. Why would they risk injury and loss of income at their clubs for a jumper which given most if not all of the best 40-50 players in the comp have all played at elite levels (tac, state leagues, afl) would mean very little to them. If the edfl picked a young average team they would get flogged, no one would watch and everyone would sook about it being a waste of time, can’t win either way so better off focusing their resources into juniors as they have suggested they will do

Local footy is practically a 2nd job these days. Why would they risk injury and loss of income at their clubs for a jumper which given most if not all of the best 40-50 players in the comp have all played at elite levels (tac, state leagues, afl) would mean very little to them. If the edfl picked a young average team they would get flogged, no one would watch and everyone would sook about it being a waste of time, can’t win either way so better off focusing their resources into juniors as they have suggested they will do

As I’ve stated in previous discussions on this subject it should be for under 22/23year olds with maybe 2-3 senior players who are paid to play and mentor the group. It might then be used as a pathway for those wanting to be looked at to play a higher level of footy. Otherwise I agree with you it’s no value to players who have already played at a higher level as they would prefer the weekend off unless there is some financial gain. Even AFL players enjoy a break during the season so should edfl players to get away with their families..

Practically a 2nd job, but it's NOT a 2nd job , it is Local Footy, Local Sport...
Your argument is based on the Selfish attitude of 95% of players. Its all about me me me me me and that attitude has stuffed Local Sport

Ask your President, committee members, canteen volunteers why do they spend so much of "their time", giving up precious time with their families, opportunities to earn additional money, clean rooms, stock fridges, sell food and drink, meet with "players", entice sponsors, hours of administration, organizing functions/apparel, working tirelessly for hours and hours each week to keep your club going?
I'll give you a tip what the answer might be - "Because it means something to them".

If you need to be paid so that representing the Competition means something, well that probably goes a long way to show what kind of individual you are.

Practically a 2nd job, but it's NOT a 2nd job , it is Local Footy, Local Sport...
Your argument is based on the Selfish attitude of 95% of players. Its all about me me me me me and that attitude has stuffed Local Sport

Ask your President, committee members, canteen volunteers why do they spend so much of "their time", giving up precious time with their families, opportunities to earn additional money, clean rooms, stock fridges, sell food and drink, meet with "players", entice sponsors, hours of administration, organizing functions/apparel, working tirelessly for hours and hours each week to keep your club going?
I'll give you a tip what the answer might be - "Because it means something to them".

If you need to be paid so that representing the Competition means something, well that probably goes a long way to show what kind of individual you are.

Best

Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back