EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good Outty , just wanting to see if there is anyone out there in Big Footy Land who thinks any of those 4 a re flying under the radar. I don't think they are but I've been outta it for a while.. But I'm back now baby..
Turbo - Give us some news , how's life a Panther Land?

G’day old mate, miss your input and humour buddy..

Things looking good at Panther land. Been busy trying to get fit to see if I can slot into the pocket maybe..haha..

To answer a question I think Avondale can challenge if they stay injury free. Best ruckman in Comp with others that go well. Few injuries and there depth is a concern..

G’day old mate, miss your input and humour buddy..

Things looking good at Panther land. Been busy trying to get fit to see if I can slot into the pocket maybe..haha..

To answer a question I think Avondale can challenge if they stay injury free. Best ruckman in Comp with others that go well. Few injuries and there depth is a concern..

I'd be staggered if Avondale challenge.

Top 4 to be made up of Abers, Keilor, Paco, Marby, Greenvale and Strathmore

Avondale cant win enough games against those sides for mine to be a contender. i think they'll be 6 or 7. A couple of injuries to key players could well see them slip into a relegation battle

The relegation battle might well be a doozy. West Coburg look like they've strengthened enough to beat EDS and Glenroy twice.

Hey Mr Bully or Turbs, have you heard anything regarding AFL Vic asking EDFL to clarify how players at all clubs were paid last year. Seems maybe they are snooping a little deeper than people think . You never did clarify the points issue last year Turbs, just for the record did it happen in a game ???

Hey Mr Bully or Turbs, have you heard anything regarding AFL Vic asking EDFL to clarify how players at all clubs were paid last year. Seems maybe they are snooping a little deeper than people think . You never did clarify the points issue last year Turbs, just for the record did it happen in a game ???

NO!!

I'm hearing a couple of clubs in Premier will not field u/19's. Doutta's & Glenroy.. Is this true and can others confirm their clubs will have u/19's?
Few clubs in lower divisions are really struggling or have already given up on fielding u/19's.. It's a big problem, thoughts?

I'm hearing a couple of clubs in Premier will not field u/19's. Doutta's & Glenroy.. Is this true and can others confirm their clubs will have u/19's?
Few clubs in lower divisions are really struggling or have already given up on fielding u/19's.. It's a big problem, thoughts?
this is going to be a ongoing problem unless the league addresses playing Saturday mornings , as many kids /men work on Saturday mornings or are out clubbing Friday nights ! maybe twilight games Friday or Saturday nights might encourage them to keep playing .

I beleive there may be another 2 premier clubs struggling with 19s atm.
Whilst the timing of games may have some impact on numbers the main reason kids aren't keen to play is they don't want to make up the numbers just for the bigger clubs to beat up on them. No fun in 20 goal losses each week. The 18\19s needed to be graded years ago but the edfl chose not to and this is what you end up with .

Last edited:
Whilst the timing of games may have some impact on numbers the main reason kids aren't keen to play is they don't just want to make up the numbers for the bigger clubs to beat up on them. No fun in 20 goal losses each week. The 18\19s needed to be graded years ago but the edfl chose not to and this is what you end up with .
Edfl have a lot to answer the make too many decisions and don’t consult with the 28 clubs they need to get back to these clubs and work with all the committees and endorse the feed back from the people who invest and play weekly no from people who have never played or are in touch with the common people.

Edfl have a lot to answer the make too many decisions and don’t consult with the 28 clubs they need to get back to these clubs and work with all the committees and endorse the feed back from the people who invest and play weekly no from people who have never played or are in touch with the common people.
You obviously have all the answers . Please share them . The floors yours champ .

You obviously have all the answers . Please share them . The floors yours champ .
Haven't got time to debate every thing that is wrong or right with the edfl however will give you a couple of examples of them not listening to clubs. I believe every senior club would be in favour of moving to a final 5 finals system yet we still persist with a final 4.
Their decision to withdraw the rep side from the mid season comp wasn't in the best interests of the clubs.I could go on but won't.

Whilst the timing of games may have some impact on numbers the main reason kids aren't keen to play is they don't just want to make up the numbers for the bigger clubs to beat up on them. No fun in 20 goal losses each week. The 18\19s needed to be graded years ago but the edfl chose not to and this is what you end up with .

Out of interest, who are the other two clubs Good Oil?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard EDS, West Coburg. I was told Greenvale and Marby but someone has indicated those two clubs will have sides. Had not heard about Glenroy.

Whilst the timing of games may have some impact on numbers the main reason kids aren't keen to play is they don't want to make up the numbers just for the bigger clubs to beat up on them. No fun in 20 goal losses each week. The 18\19s needed to be graded years ago but the edfl chose not to and this is what you end up with .
I totally agree with the grading. I also do not see the problem with clubs having two teams in the same division. For example, Abers 17's won all three flags last year. Their Div 2 side should also be put up into Premier Div.
if another club also had two teams that are good enough they should also get promoted.
Grading games should be held and if teams tank to stop from going up they should be heavily penalised.

EDS got off with a reprimand, Pacco fined $1000 Abers must be in now

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I see that Torquay have been found to have breached the salary cap in the BFL. They were fined $50,000 with $30,000 being suspended and had the TPP docked by $10k and lost 3 points off their total player points.
Looks like the EDFL clubs have got off lightly.
The article did say that Torquay were very uncooperative with the AFL Vic investigated. Might be the difference between light and heavy sanctions

I see that Torquay have been found to have breached the salary cap in the BFL. They were fined $50,000 with $30,000 being suspended and had the TPP docked by $10k and lost 3 points off their total player points.
Looks like the EDFL clubs have got off lightly.
The article did say that Torquay were very uncooperative with the AFL Vic investigated. Might be the difference between light and heavy sanctions

Reigning EDFL premier Aberfeldie was $9595 over the $250000 salary cap in 2017. Fined $10000 and will be audited for the next two years. The club stated earlier this month that it had been found to have maintained player payment records ‘very well.’

Well I am sure there a few posters this morning who will have to eat humble pie. Many on here assumed without any factual knowledge of what actually occurred at the club that EDS were the main offender in breaching/manipulating salary cap/player payments, turns out not to be the case.

Amazing how the high and mighty Abers Executive claimed a month ago that all was in order with administration of players payments and yet they have now been proven to be the main offender, stinks of arrogance and incompetence.

I am sure there a learning's for all clubs in the EDFL as a result. Maybe we can all now move on and look forward to the start of 2018 season

Well I am sure there a few posters this morning who will have to eat humble pie. Many on here assumed without any factual knowledge of what actually occurred at the club that EDS were the main offender in breaching/manipulating salary cap/player payments, turns out not to be the case.

Amazing how the high and mighty Abers Executive claimed a month ago that all was in order with administration of players payments and yet they have now been proven to be the main offender, stinks of arrogance and incompetence.

I am sure there a learning's for all clubs in the EDFL as a result. Maybe we can all now move on and look forward to the start of 2018 season
Yeah let's all move on and ignore players having $60k renovations to their house paid for by club official's businesses, and many other under the table dealings. and yeah let's move on, nothing to see here after last years premiers played with a huge benefit that no-one else did and won the flag and got slapped on the wrist with a $10k fine that would hurt a small club like WC, Glenroy or Avondale but will not impact Abers in the least.....NOTHING TO SEE HERE , MOVE ALONG!!!

So if they breached the rules does the premiership they won by being outside the rules stand?

So if they breached the rules does the premiership they won by being outside the rules stand?
Officially it does still stand . However morally , ethically, fairly or any other words you want to use , of course it’s tainted . I’ve said before when people who have cheated to attain anything lay their heads on the pillow at night they know . Even cheats have a conscience. They can bring in all the legal eagles they want . The EDFL football community now know the premiership team of 2017 shouldn’t be. Very sad .

We’ve just been officially informed a team has won a premier division premiership breaking the rules and you want to “move on” the next morning. Bet you aren’t from Greenvale !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back