EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the EDFL cited financial reasons for withdrawing their rep side however the real reason is the lack of buyin from a lot of the leading players , most coaches and clubs . I know it’s subjective but looking at this years side that played against the EFL I’d guess maybe 9 or 10 tops would be in the competitions best 22. This has infuriated those at EDFL headquarters . It happens year after year and it’s led to this decision.
To be honest I can't see the purpose of playing one game over the year. Does it really mean anything? No that is why you are better dropping the age to 20 to 22 and make it a best of the young in each competition.

I've read some names departing and being recruited by most clubs in the Premier League. But, I have read or heard too much about the Grand Final two teams Aberfeldie or Greenvale. Any whispers around those two clubs. Money seems to be tight at Section road which is probably why they lost a couple of higher paid players early.

Gotta say im in no way affiliated with an Edfl club but am gobsmacked by the fees many clubs charge junior players to play.Fees of $400 - $500 per child is a rort with no logical explanation for such charges.I know a few clubs who charge $150 per kid capped at $400 per family and these clubs always have a surplus (not huge) come seasons end.If anyone can justify the huge fees I would like to hear the reasoning behind it.
Help pay the massive senior budgets some clubs have I'd say

I've read some names departing and being recruited by most clubs in the Premier League. But, I have read or heard too much about the Grand Final two teams Aberfeldie or Greenvale. Any whispers around those two clubs. Money seems to be tight at Section road which is probably why they lost a couple of higher paid players early.
Ayce Cordy a chance to be at Clifton Park. His choice is down to 2 clubs the other an ammo side with a decent job offer

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Michael Talia could be on his way to Greenvale. Key back and a 1 pointer.
Read that Abers had signed Tom Hislop and Mark Austin

That would be a good get for Abers

His very tall but hasn’t set the world on fire since he was named as a possible high draft pick back in the day. Could be difficult to match up on if his mind is on the job. AFL>VFL>Local in a very quick space..
I’m thinking Angus Graham more likely to be first choice..

All is well at Clifton Park - training back in full force - numbers strong and standards good.

Continued focus on our young talent - majority of the list in tact and the addition of Mark Austin who's been around the place for a few years now anyway is a big plus along with the return of Tommy Hislop.

We also see the return of a few injured players.

All is well at Clifton Park - training back in full force - numbers strong and standards good.

Continued focus on our young talent - majority of the list in tact and the addition of Mark Austin who's been around the place for a few years now anyway is a big plus along with the return of Tommy Hislop.

We also see the return of a few injured players.

Couple of handy ins Puff. Good to see Tom back playing. Change of jobs allowing him more time? Team to beat again I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else notice that some of the club links to their websites aren't working on the EDFL page?

EDS wooden spoon ? Gee you jumped ship quick!
From what Turbo and others are saying sounds like they have lost a few and had no big ins. So long as they don't have the run of injuries they have had over the past two seasons and nobody goes overseas then they could surprise a few. Not sure they would have recruited the five talls they needed last year.

Besides it will start a conversation.

From what Turbo and others are saying sounds like they have lost a few and had no big ins. So long as they don't have the run of injuries they have had over the past two seasons and nobody goes overseas then they could surprise a few. Not sure they would have recruited the five talls they needed last year.

Besides it will start a conversation.
Maybe they are simply not showing all their cards yet, round 1is a long way off. Did hear on the rumour mill they are confident of securing 2 well credentialed WAFL talls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back