EDFL Premier Div 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sickofthecrap

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does "building slowly" even mean going back to Div 1? Not sure why you knock back some strong players to fill a few gaps. As I have said EDS need to target a few boys that are now in the 19 to 22 age group that Geoff Maddern coached to 3 grand finals in 3 years with 2 premierships. You would have a shed load of good one point players.

That’s why the points must be reduced

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s been a great success at Pacco

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably best not go there if trying to compare Pacco against EDS over recent seasons. But I’m sure if a gun player comes along and was interested in going to EDS the club would definitely take the player.
The actual issue is they got into a hole the other year and word spreads quickly so I’m not sure players would be lining up to go to EDS.

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably best not go there if trying to compare Pacco against EDS over recent seasons. But I’m sure if a gun player comes along and was interested in going to EDS the club would definitely take the player.
The actual issue is they got into a hole the other year and word spreads quickly so I’m not sure players would be lining up to go to EDS.

Those players would instead go to Abers who would pay their way out of trouble.

Gremlin77

Club Legend
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Does "building slowly" even mean going back to Div 1? Not sure why you knock back some strong players to fill a few gaps. As I have said EDS need to target a few boys that are now in the 19 to 22 age group that Geoff Maddern coached to 3 grand finals in 3 years with 2 premierships. You would have a shed load of good one point players.

Doesn’t mean that at all. It means not going out and recruiting big names on big money and trying to be patient and building towards playing A grade finals again, it’s been a very long time.
No where did I mention they would knock back strong players, and I DID say they are talking to a lot potential recruits to improve the list. All the boys that have left have been contacted and most not interested in returning I’m hearing. Geoff did recruit them in the first place via rep teams so they aren’t all Douttas kids at heart.
Either way EDS’ side this year as weak as it was would still have APW well and truly covered so relegation won’t be on the cards IMO

Newatthis

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Doesn’t mean that at all. It means not going out and recruiting big names on big money and trying to be patient and building towards playing A grade finals again, it’s been a very long time.
No where did I mention they would knock back strong players, and I DID say they are talking to a lot potential recruits to improve the list. All the boys that have left have been contacted and most not interested in returning I’m hearing. Geoff did recruit them in the first place via rep teams so they aren’t all Douttas kids at heart.
Either way EDS’ side this year as weak as it was would still have APW well and truly covered so relegation won’t be on the cards IMO
It is the way your message came across. I sounded like you weren't interested in recruiting big name players but would rather promote from within. From what I see, you don't have much talent coming through in the next three to four years, other than those boys that have already played senior football. So for you to compete you will need to get some solid recruits.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone else hearing Strathmore made a big play to get Potter across. Could it be Blackwell to take over at Abers and Potter to SM.

Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone else hearing Strathmore made a big play to get Potter across. Could it be Blackwell to take over at Abers and Potter to SM.
Hahaha
Turbo you just love making things up don’t you.
Potter already said his staying at Abers if you listen to the interview he had with the EDFL podcast the week after the GF.
Maybe you should devote all your attention to the goings on at Pacco instead of making things up about other clubs.
Pacco throwing plenty of cash around again trying to get a few Coburg players for season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back