EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that APW can put some wins on the board soon. Have played some good sides and don't seem too far off it.

Malual doing well for Werribee I see.
Will beat Glenroy this week.The Roy’s missing some handy players at the moment

I hope they stay up as well. But Glenroy also have changed as a club over recent years and been reasonably competitive which has been great. Some great club people off field doing great things but with no 19s it’s tough. Plus they have struggled to recruit some real good “A list” players in that right age bracket (Del Busso really like him and his an A lister) however Relying on the likes of Dulic, Kite, Winter, Ferraro etc to carry the group can only take you so far in premier division.

Thoughts??

Delbusso is a good player, son of a gun and old man part of the Moomba park Fawkner park era. I’m sure northern would love to have him along lol with the other sons of guns playing elsewhere at the moment back at the saints. But Delbusso family well entrenched at Glenroy

Big Block.

Have you ever considered adding something to the overall debate in a proactive way, rather than slagging off posters or their posts in singular simple sentences?

People might rate you more highly if you actually added to the conversation.

Silver it’s not worth it mate. The kid gives nothing and is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stkilda city in the SFNL have been paying $ for u19s to make sure they can be 1 point players when they get to senior footy, perhaps this is the future where clubs start paying to attract junior footballers. It seems wrong but for a club without a strong junior set up it might be the only way to compete.

Stkilda city in the SFNL have been paying $ for u19s to make sure they can be 1 point players when they get to senior footy, perhaps this is the future where clubs start paying to attract junior footballers. It seems wrong but for a club without a strong junior set up it might be the only way to compete.
Alternatively, clubs could divert some of their funds/effort into their own junior programs rather than relying on others to develop players for them.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Abers showed they are the team to beat. It was a bit windy up on the hill yesterday. Can't wait to see the next game against Keilor

Yeh, don’t think they’ll win that one, but will make them earn it no doubt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From looking at those named for the last game it looks there were nine or ten that are 21 or under. So I agree with you, despite that they are pushing older harder bodies. With Hardingham at the helm these boys won't be taking a backward step.

I saw your reserves the other week playing Pacco, even though they have lost big each week they are not giving up. A lot of the side looks as if they are still 17. They can't compete against the bigger opposition, but I take my hate off to them.

Alternatively, clubs could divert some of their funds/effort into their own junior programs rather than relying on others to develop players for them.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Demographics for a club like Stkilda City means they will always struggle to attract good juniors as not many kids in the area and the ones that are usually play private school footy... But have to commend the club as they have embraced the commission flats, the African community and Koori kids from the prahran & stkilda areas and have won the last 3 u/19 flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back