EDFL Premier Div 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So lets lift up the carpet and have a little look under it . Round 9 , Avondale Heights play Greenvale with only 20 players and a total points of 41, what the hell is going on. They only get beat by 8 points , so Greenvales % that day may cost them a spot in the final 4 .
Can anyone out there make any sense of why the EDFL are either changing the rules to suit the bleeding hearts or why they havent administered the competition to the rules and stamped out this blatant disregard of our competition.
My mail is this week its " Make up your own rules round " . This board needs to go

Survey

All Australian
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So lets lift up the carpet and have a little look under it . Round 9 , Avondale Heights play Greenvale with only 20 players and a total points of 41, what the hell is going on. They only get beat by 8 points , so Greenvales % that day may cost them a spot in the final 4 .
Can anyone out there make any sense of why the EDFL are either changing the rules to suit the bleeding hearts or why they havent administered the competition to the rules and stamped out this blatant disregard of our competition.
My mail is this week its " Make up your own rules round " . This board needs to go
You are a deadest Nuffie.. Your blatant disregard for the truth suggests you need a rest from BF champ :drunk::drunk:

ZingerAbed

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can’t find anything.

At present Heights on 47 points with 22 players.
Interesting Hamish Murphy ( Werribee listed vfl) is named as emg

4 pointer, to play him you would need to drop 2 * 2 pointers and play with 21 again.

He played U19’s, possibly dropping all their U19 eligible players down for the last few to try to have a crack at that flag ?

ZingerAbed

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stevenson’s been a let down for a no.1 recruit is the word out of Keilor. Bit like Clarke, beats up on the lesser teams.
See how he goes at the business end.
Keilor like most clubs sign supposed quality for two seasons, presuming Stevenson there for two New?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This didn’t age well... Stevenson named best on and Clarke kicking 4 against Abers.

Survey

All Australian
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He played U19’s, possibly dropping all their U19 eligible players down for the last few to try to have a crack at that flag ?
Was talking to a Strathmore bloke the other week and asked him about the eligibility of u/19's players in their Senior team. He told me it doesn't matter how many or if a player has played any games in the u/19's throughout the year. They have 3 who have played every senior game and they will have them back for the u/19 finals(as long as the seniors don't play).
Can anyone confirm that u/19 players don't need to play a certain amount of games in the u/19's to be eligible(as long as they have played 4 games for the club overall)?

Aug 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Was talking to a Strathmore bloke the other week and asked him about the eligibility of u/19's players in their Senior team. He told me it doesn't matter how many or if a player has played any games in the u/19's throughout the year. They have 3 who have played every senior game and they will have them back for the u/19 finals(as long as the seniors don't play).
Can anyone confirm that u/19 players don't need to play a certain amount of games in the u/19's to be eligible(as long as they have played 4 games for the club overall)?
correct, East Keilor had a kid play seniors all last year & he played U19 finals without playing any 19's home and away

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are a deadest Nuffie.. Your blatant disregard for the truth suggests you need a rest from BF champ :drunk::drunk:
Go onto the EDFL results pages , go to Round 9 , push players points , scroll down , count the amount of players on the page for AH , as you will probably find it hard to count to 20 , only go to 10 , stop and then count the bottom half of the names , that comes to 10 as well , 2 times 10 is 20 .
Then hop back on here , wipe the crusty bits out of the corners of your eyes and write this “ I’m sorry “.

Aug 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Go onto the EDFL results pages , go to Round 9 , push players points , scroll down , count the amount of players on the page for AH , as you will probably find it hard to count to 20 , only go to 10 , stop and then count the bottom half of the names , that comes to 10 as well , 2 times 10 is 20 .
Then hop back on here , wipe the crusty bits out of the corners of your eyes and write this “ I’m sorry “.
when you select match centre only 20 names appear.

when you select player points 22 players appear.

the results page has been known for dropping off players & entire teams.

Survey

All Australian
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not that I give a **** about Avondale but if you click on Player Points you will see 22 listed and total points 47...
Now apologise Nuffie

Mar 10, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

You’ve out down yourself on this one, your constant bashing of Avondale has left you looking like a fool!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not that I give a **** about Avondale but if you click on Player Points you will see 22 listed and total points 47...
Now apologise Nuffie
I’ve just gone on and your right it’s changed. So I do apologise.
How and why does it change unless it’s being altered by someone. Anyway regardless , leave the crusty bits , don’t apologise but I certainly do.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You’ve out down yourself on this one, your constant bashing of Avondale has left you looking like a fool!

No constant bashing just commenting on a situation that AH have created because they believe they should get an advantage over every other club through manipulation of the points system.
If you can’t compete against every other club under the same rules then drop down a Division and let your club develop.
This constant whinging about “ poor us “ is a real show of how pathetic this club may actually be instead of putting their head down and working hard to try to get a better result.
Just hand us something for nothing , NO THANKS.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve just gone on and your right it’s changed. So I do apologise.
How and why does it change unless it’s being altered by someone. Anyway regardless , leave the crusty bits , don’t apologise but I certainly do.
It might not have changed. But might have to do with privacy policies associated with sports TG. Some players have they’re details on a higher privacy then others. Found out about this earlier in the year.
It’s more for the juniors but could relate to seniors if a junior player is picked for seniors and hasn’t changed his privacy status.

oldbutwise

Debutant
Sep 1, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
8.3. For each match, a Club must ensure that the Total Team Points allocation is calculated based on the maximum number of players allowed to participate in a match for that Competition and this should be consistent for each match within a Season, within each Competition. For example, if the maximum number of players on match days for the Competition is 22 players, a Club cannot submit a team list of 21 players to meet the Total Team Points cap. For the avoidance of doubt, a Club must list the maximum number of players allowed on its team sheet in calculating its Total Team Points. For exceptional circumstances (i.e. not having enough players to field a full Senior Team) the matter should be referred back to the Metropolitan League or Region Commission for review and direction.

Sickofthecrap

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Mate how’s does AH playing with 20 affect GV’s %

NuttySupporter88

Debutant
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
No constant bashing just commenting on a situation that AH have created because they believe they should get an advantage over every other club through manipulation of the points system.
If you can’t compete against every other club under the same rules then drop down a Division and let your club develop.
This constant whinging about “ poor us “ is a real show of how pathetic this club may actually be instead of putting their head down and working hard to try to get a better result.
Just hand us something for nothing , NO THANKS.

Wonder how playing one short compares to those clubs who exceeded the salary cap? Were you as passionate about that topic?

Sickofthecrap

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wonder how playing one short compares to those clubs who exceeded the salary cap? Were you as passionate about that topic?

If you’re referring to Abers, they won the flag, got a fine, which they don’t give a F$&@ about and won again the following year and might go 3 in a row.
Somehow I don’t see a comparison

Bissa3

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
8.3. For each match, a Club must ensure that the Total Team Points allocation is calculated based on the maximum number of players allowed to participate in a match for that Competition and this should be consistent for each match within a Season, within each Competition. For example, if the maximum number of players on match days for the Competition is 22 players, a Club cannot submit a team list of 21 players to meet the Total Team Points cap. For the avoidance of doubt, a Club must list the maximum number of players allowed on its team sheet in calculating its Total Team Points. For exceptional circumstances (i.e. not having enough players to field a full Senior Team) the matter should be referred back to the Metropolitan League or Region Commission for review and direction.
That rule is as clear as it gets. AH have broken it. Why on earth has the EDFL allowed this to happen. They are really losing control.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That rule is as clear as it gets. AH have broken it. Why on earth has the EDFL allowed this to happen. They are really losing control.
I wonder if the EDFL will release a statement with their findings of the AH situation or if they are hoping the public will forget .Surely they would have answers to what happened by now. Either they had permission or they did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back