EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of which were dismissed so in reality actually 1

Not sure being found not guilty equates to being dismissed.
Why was this case held over from round 18. Like I’ve said prior certain tribunal cases are published when suits. Hoping all the talk about the prelim and up coming GF this would be brushed over.
No one gets off three charges for effectively the same indiscretion, definitely not when involving abuse towards umpires.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will Abers win all 3 games Saturday?? If so will that be the first time that’s happened???
I’m tipping they will win 19’s and reserves easily and the seniors will be under 2 goals but Keilor will win.

Great to see Avondale Heights make the 19’s GF. Finished fourth amazing effort.

Will Abers win all 3 games Saturday?? If so will that be the first time that’s happened???
I’m tipping they will win 19’s and reserves easily and the seniors will be under 2 goals but Keilor will win.

Great to see Avondale Heights make the 19’s GF. Finished fourth amazing effort.

Not sure about easy. The dynamic of 19s (and to an extent 17s) changes at finals time. Avondale had a couple of very hand inclusions for finals whereas Strathmore had 9 unavailable. It makes a difference but take nothing away from Avondale who were terrific and I believe can beat Abers with a few boys playing in the Reserves. Tips:

U19s - Avondale 6 points
Reserves - Abers 30 points
Seniors - Keilor 24 points

Not sure about easy. The dynamic of 19s (and to an extent 17s) changes at finals time. Avondale had a couple of very hand inclusions for finals whereas Strathmore had 9 unavailable. It makes a difference but take nothing away from Avondale who were terrific and I believe can beat Abers with a few boys playing in the Reserves. Tips:

U19s - Avondale 6 points

So based on Avondale’s year in the under 19s can we say there overall position is not as bad as was reported. Yes agree Abers, Strathmore way ahead but Avondale’s “immediate” future not as bleak as they suggest. Keilor always strong and 17s going well. Marby building a bright future and although no 19s this year have 3 x under 17 sides and Dean Laidley in charge of that program.. Then it was div1 club Hillside who’s 19s made the top 4 in premier and were unlucky to lose to Avondale in a close game.
So with regards to the points system and which clubs “might” be allowed some extra points all this MUST be taken into account.

U19s - Avondale 6 points
Why would Abers play u/19s in the Reserves? Can accept them playing Seniors if good enough.

So based on Avondale’s year in the under 19s can we say there overall position is not as bad as was reported. Yes agree Abers, Strathmore way ahead but Avondale’s “immediate” future not as bleak as they suggest. Keilor always strong and 17s going well. Marby building a bright future and although no 19s this year have 3 x under 17 sides and Dean Laidley in charge of that program.. Then it was div1 club Hillside who’s 19s made the top 4 in premier and were unlucky to lose to Avondale in a close game.
So with regards to the points system and which clubs “might” be allowed some extra points all this MUST be taken into account.

I think Avo's issue was not having 17s. Their 19s were very good

Why would Abers play u/19s in the Reserves? Can accept them playing Seniors if good enough.

It's an interesting debate. Strathmore played 9 or 10 of their U19s in the Premier Seniors this year (not Senior Reserves) while Abers played a number of boys in the Senior Reserves. I'm not sure what the right or wrong answer is.

Last edited:
It's an interesting debate. Strathmore played 9 or 10 of their U19s in the Premier Seniors this year (not Senior Reserves) which Abers played a number of boys in the Senior Reserves. I'm not sure what the right or wrong answer is.
Why does there have to be a right or wrong answer. You play the best standard of football that you can.

Not sure being found not guilty equates to being dismissed.
Why was this case held over from round 18. Like I’ve said prior certain tribunal cases are published when suits. Hoping all the talk about the prelim and up coming GF this would be brushed over.
No one gets off three charges for effectively the same indiscretion, definitely not when involving abuse towards umpires.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So what Conspiracy are you suggesting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat me to it.

Probably at the pointy end of U19s, I would agree.
Disagree the top reserves sides are very talented. So the top teams I’d suggest reserves but the lower sides I’m unsure. I’m sure Abers, Keilor & Greenvale would play a reserves player over a 19 yr old.

Disagree the top reserves sides are very talented. So the top teams I’d suggest reserves but the lower sides I’m unsure. I’m sure Abers, Keilor & Greenvale would play a reserves player over a 19 yr old.

From my research on the sides Keilor played 2 U19’s on the weekend in the reserves.

Abers have played a number of U19’s throughout the year in the reserves - Potters mentality is if you want to play Senior footy then you have to play and perform well in the reserves rather than the U19’s.
A couple of these kids got dropped back to u19’s for the first final

Turbo, you’ve reached a new high of crap, sometimes I really wonder if you’re taking the piss or simply ignorant, on this I feel the later

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was said in response to a post but in jest buddy. Not much happening on this thread all year really. TBH been a pretty boring year in premier and really all grades.
Premier - Keilor & Abers complete dominance.

Div1 - East Keilor flaunting the rules and then providing little resistance come finals. The division was compromised early and interest was poor. Most going for Craigieburn all year purely so EK didn’t win it.

Div2 - Sunbury Kangaroos complete domination of div2. Felt sorry for the other clubs. This was not what div2 was set up for.

Personally think the EDFL has dropped overall. Standard not overly great and grounds sub standard once the weather sets in. I’m not sure the EDFL is an attractive league for players as it maybe was 5/6 years ago.

Last edited:
It was said in response to a post but in jest buddy. Not much happening on this thread all year really. TBH been a pretty boring year in premier and really all grades.

Div1 - East Keilor flaunting the rules and then providing little resistance come finals. The division was compromised early and interest was poor. Most going for Craigieburn all year purely so EK didn’t win it.

Div2 - Sunbury Kangaroos complete domination of div2. Felt sorry for the other clubs. This was not what div2 was set up for.

Personally think the EDFL has dropped overall. Standard not overly great and grounds sub standard once the weather sets in. I’m not sure the EDFL is an attractive league for players as it maybe was 5/6 years ago.

I’ve agreed with you many times re grounds, on the attraction to play EDFL, well the $220k cap says it all, they’ll still come for that alone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here is a question for those from around the clubs. Which club played the youngest team in average age, all year? it was either Strathmore or EDS. Strathmore say they were playing around 5 or so u19’s, whereas; EDS looked to be playing each week 10 to 13 players 21 or under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back