EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is have MV planned to play div1. The answer is no, so why not continue to play div2 and set up a plan to win it and go up. Why would you go unless you knew you had a decent enough list to avoid relegation back to div2 after 1 year. It makes a lot of sense to put St Albans straight into div1. If as some put it they are a premier side then let them prove it in div1. The mail is getting stronger that St Albans want in ASAP however it’s now up to the EDFL and WRFL to make it work.

The reason they want to move is they have had enough of the Deer Park thing and want to move. Let’s see I guess..
St. Albans are torn turbo, committee members have already resigned over this.. the players want to move to EDFL but none of them have signed. Either way the WRFL will appeal if they decide to leave and don’t think it will happen until 2021. We will find out by close of business tomorrow, also St. Albans are not a premiere division side.

St. Albans are torn turbo, committee members have already resigned over this.. the players want to move to EDFL but none of them have signed. Either way the WRFL will appeal if they decide to leave and don’t think it will happen until 2021. We will find out by close of business tomorrow, also St. Albans are not a premiere division side.

Good intel, how much say does a league have over where you compete, did they appeal when Port Colts left

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your in the know Bont. Let’s see how it plays out. They are definitely keen to move to EDFL

Are you ever ready to go up a grade, surely MV had some sort of plan if the won it.
I believe it’s a principal issue, if you want to switch comps, you’ve got to start at the bottom, it’s a long term decision, it’s also a slap to everyone else, when Sunbury lions looked to come into EDFL a few years back, they were told it’s a Div 2 start, so they stayed in BFL, same for St Albans or anyone else

The problem is you cant keep jeopardising the div 2 comp SOTC. It’s not fair to the other sides in div 2 if the next 2-3 years we have a repeat of this year where teams are coming in, going through undefeated and the rest are playing for second. St Alban’s or a Rupertswood will be far more dominant than Sunbury were this year. Some common sense needs to be applied for the integrity of the division. It would be a no brainer for me that St Alban’s start in div 1 and i would be surprised if the div 2 clubs disagreed.

The problem is you cant keep jeopardising the div 2 comp SOTC. It’s not fair to the other sides in div 2 if the next 2-3 years we have a repeat of this year where teams are coming in, going through undefeated and the rest are playing for second. St Alban’s or a Rupertswood will be far more dominant than Sunbury were this year. Some common sense needs to be applied for the integrity of the division. It would be a no brainer for me that St Alban’s start in div 1 and i would be surprised if the div 2 clubs disagreed.
Sunbury came from a Comp with a salary cap similar to what div 2 edfl play at. St.albans will have to cut over 60k in payments to be compliant if they are to start in div 2

Gremlin, I didn’t break the news but am aware that div2 clubs were notified of a potential club wishing to enter the EDFL and did anyone wish to consider moving up to div1. No Club was interested at this stage of the year and it makes sense for St Albans to start in div1. Sunbury Kangaroos killed div2 and St Albans are a lot stronger on & off field than Sunbury Kangaroos. St Albans unusually quite on the recruiting front so they are hoping to enter. They have also held off appointing a coach.
Personally think div1 need to have another side an eliminate the bye. I don’t think it’s attractable for recruits to play 2 less games.

If the above is correct then the closet EDFL club to St.Albans was omitted from any league notification. If this is the case then the league have some questions to answer.

Many Div. 2 teams were less than impressed when SK who tanked in 2018 in order to move leagues was placed in Div. 2 and clean swept the season.

Some people on this forum think it’s ok to allow strong teams to decimate Div. 2 when these clubs pay the same league fees and are trying to raise cash to improve and move up divisions. The league might as well tell Div. 2 clubs to stop recruiting and wasting money.

Surely if this is all true, Oak Park would get the first right of reply if they wanted to stay in Div 1 or drop down to Div 2, rather that MV go up as a losing grand finalist

Surely if this is all true, Oak Park would get the first right of reply if they wanted to stay in Div 1 or drop down to Div 2, rather that MV go up as a losing grand finalist

This is an engaging debate and clearly it’s not as simple as I might have thought, it seems like there’s a lot to consider by the EDFL, does anyone have confidence in them making a decision that make sense, not me.
I also think StAlbans would be a top half Div1 bottom half Prem team

Gremlin, I didn’t break the news but am aware that div2 clubs were notified of a potential club wishing to enter the EDFL and did anyone wish to consider moving up to div1. No Club was interested at this stage of the year and it makes sense for St Albans to start in div1. Sunbury Kangaroos killed div2 and St Albans are a lot stronger on & off field than Sunbury Kangaroos. St Albans unusually quite on the recruiting front so they are hoping to enter. They have also held off appointing a coach.
Personally think div1 need to have another side an eliminate the bye. I don’t think it’s attractable for recruits to play 2 less games.

Ever heard of that game called bulls#!t? Well I am calling it on that one!! No Div 2 clubs have been notified of any such thing!

This is an engaging debate and clearly it’s not as simple as I might have thought, it seems like there’s a lot to consider by the EDFL, does anyone have confidence in them making a decision that make sense, not me.
I also think StAlbans would be a top half Div1 bottom half Prem team

Answer is no. No one has any confidence in this league’s hierarchy. I can’t believe there hasn’t been some changes at league headquarters but who do they report to. AFL Vic? 😂😄

St Albans side of 2019 would most likely be top 2 in div1 this season. They have some class in Shylo, Jenkins and a premier league ruckman. So I agree they would most likely win div1 then they need to recruit a few and be ok in premier. St Albans watch there money closely and no doubt would be a good fit for the EDFL imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we are talking about the EDFL here. Did you ask your clubs cleaner! 😂

Not sure why it has become such a sport to bash the league. There are people in there working very hard for not much reward and our club has a positive relationship with them. League has grown by over 100 teams in 3 years with no additional resources. We find they communicate regularly to our Club Sec and if you have a good one they pass on the necessary bits to those who need it across the club. its in all our interests to be proactive and work with the league for the benefit of the reputation and overall sustainability of our great league. Too easy to sit on the outside hiding behind aliases and throwing stones at the glass house!

St Albans beat Deer Park AND Altona in consecutive weeks this year. They can play. They end up in Div 2 and good luck to anybody who goes up against them. Div 1 would be perfect and great for the comp. Also St. Albans is 5 mins down the road from Keilor, T Lakes and Hillside. So it's not a massive road trip like some are making it out to be.

Not sure why it has become such a sport to bash the league. There are people in there working very hard for not much reward and our club has a positive relationship with them. League has grown by over 100 teams in 3 years with no additional resources. We find they communicate regularly to our Club Sec and if you have a good one they pass on the necessary bits to those who need it across the club. its in all our interests to be proactive and work with the league for the benefit of the reputation and overall sustainability of our great league. Too easy to sit on the outside hiding behind aliases and throwing stones at the glass house!

You do know these extra teams you mentioned mean extra funds for the league, so why don’t they employ more people. They don’t treat each club equally nor do they implement policy and penalise accordingly. I won’t go over old news but they need to step up when it matters rather than hide.

No additional resources you say, so how many $’s do these 100 teams bring in, seems like you could invest in your business if it’s grown so much

St Albans beat Deer Park AND Altona in consecutive weeks this year. They can play. They end up in Div 2 and good luck to anybody who goes up against them. Div 1 would be perfect and great for the comp. Also St. Albans is 5 mins down the road from Keilor, T Lakes and Hillside. So it's not a massive road trip like some are making it out to be.
Exactly my point, we cant be making a mockery of div 2. If the league do have a rule all new clubs must start in div 2 then they simply have to change it. Treat each case on its merit’s.

This is true so in that case they should prob start in prem. In my opinion deer park at their best would have keilor covered.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No additional resources you say, so how many $’s do these 100 teams bring in, seems like you could invest in your business if it’s grown so much

Let’s see, if a club charges $400 for player registration x 22 players per = $8800 per team x 100 teams = $880,000 per year. Not sure how much the EDFL get of that but Assume at least 50%. $440,000 a year could pay for a few extra resources. I’m sure a club treasurer could give exact figures.

St Albans would be a serious chance to win the Div 1 flag in their first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back