EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Bese off to Anglesea. Big loss for Strathmore but think he his now living out on the coast.

All the best to Ben; good player. But to put things in perspective, he has only played 17 games for Strathmore over the past 6 seasons, including none in 2019. I wouldn’t classify his move as a “big loss”

Last edited:
All the best to Ben; good player. But to put things in perspective, he has only played 17 games for Strathmore over the past 6 seasons, including none in 2019. I wouldn’t classify his move as a “big loss”

i guess your right but he would have been a 1 point player and like a new recruit, but can’t help it when they move I guess.

Great stuff Pascoe Vale 👏👏

T20 BUSHFIRE FUNDRAISER!!!
What a great night PVSC had with our T20 cricket game fundraiser last Tuesday Night. All of the pics below show how wonderful it was to see our community come together and raise some much needed funds for the bushfire relief.
We have calculated all the donations and raised a whopping $5055.50!!!!!!
There are so many people and companies we need to thank for their support in making this event a success.
- The Players ( both cricket & footy dept)
- Matthew Richardson
- Committee Members ( both cricket & footy dept)
- Scotty’s Meats
- O’heas Bakery
- St Derby Cafe
- Bottlemart Pascoe Vale Cellars
- Melrose Airport Parking
- Vince Muratore
- Premier fruits
- Wayne Black & Michael Said (food deliveries)
- Liam Kelly & Lynda Bird ( photographs)
- Andrew Carlton ( bbq all night & set up/close up)
- Moreland City Council
- Timmy C
- Glenroy Bakery
- Medallion Club
- Jack & Daisy’s Cafe
- Contessa Family
- Cricket Club Members who were Canteen & Bar helpers
- Doug Nicholson

We are very blessed to have such great people and companies around our club!!!!! Thank you to all that attended and we hope you all had a great night while digging deep with donations.
❤️
Moreland Leader
Pascoe Vale Hadfield cricket club

Hmmm, interesting to see EDS picking a few players. silent achievers, wonder if they have any more up their sleeve? edfl clearance page showing landt denied twice though

Hmmm, interesting to see EDS picking a few players. silent achievers, wonder if they have any more up their sleeve? edfl clearance page showing landt denied twice though
colonel I think you will find eds aren’t the only silent achievers with other clubs just as active. Well done to them though as they needed to after the way they finished off last year and a couple of big departures in Angus and Lil.

I think clearances reopen 1st Feb so picture will become more clearer.

colonel I think you will find eds aren’t the only silent achievers with other clubs just as active. Well done to them though as they needed to after the way they finished off last year and a couple of big departures in Angus and Lil.

I think clearances reopen 1st Feb so picture will become more clearer.
Yes-cant wait to see all the activity start up again on 1 Feb
Keilor - Solid as a rock. MM will be COTY
Abers - Meese will add to a team with depth (and pts)
Mores - Promoting juniors (plenty to chose from)
PV - Lost a few will be thereabouts. Watson a star
GV - Big new shed hiding something going on at Section Rd
MP - Take 2 for Laidley. New oval (finally)
EDS - Need a ruck. Improves?
Roys - Don't think so
AH - Who? Recommend merg.
CB - Can Whit outwit the big boys?
EDFL - Forget cap, its like a mirage - everyone can see it, but it doesn't exist. Losing resources (and money).

Roys - Don't think so
EDFL - Forget cap, its like a mirage - everyone can see it, but it doesn't exist. Losing resources (and money).

I think you’re list will also be the ladder ( probably the intent)
AH’s only hope of staying up is if CB or Roy’s have issues, they really need to go to Div1.
Isn’t the cap an AFL VIC rule, but I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The salary cap is a joke, purely because the VAFA clubs dont have to comply because they are 'amateur' I was recently told by someone who would know, that SKOBS new signing Tom Jok is working as a janitor at the school, 1 day a week and earning $100k a year..

I think you’re list will also be the ladder ( probably the intent)
AH’s only hope of staying up is if CB or Roy’s have issues, they really need to go to Div1.
Isn’t the cap an AFL VIC rule, but I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yep, cap is an AFL matter, but select few clubs (presumably under cap pressure) lobbied pretty hard to keep at $220k. They'll find other ways to "manage" things. agree, D1 best place for AH to regroup (meaning put a few years into their juniors)

Roys - Don't think so
Only change I could possibly see would MP and EDS swapping, and that is if EDS get a ruck.

yep, cap is an AFL matter, but select few clubs (presumably under cap pressure) lobbied pretty hard to keep at $220k. They'll find other ways to "manage" things. agree, D1 best place for AH to regroup (meaning put a few years into their juniors)

I think you are being a bit harsh on AH, predict they will be better than CB and DS. Told they have a lot of clearances to put through on Feb 1. They are talking up 3 senior sides. U/19s played in premier div GF so a bit of upside. I agree they won’t push a some of the top four but should be best of the rest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you are being a bit harsh on AH, predict they will be better than CB and DS. Told they have a lot of clearances to put through on Feb 1. They are talking up 3 senior sides. U/19s played in premier div GF so a bit of upside. I agree they won’t push a some of the top four but should be best of the rest.

So your prediction is they finish 5th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a craigieburn fan and would love to see them go up but with zero recruits and players exiting cant see them finishing anywhere but last.

Who's left Willow?
I have read that they are struggling to recruit but they did have a good young nucleus that with a couple of recruits may have done enough to stay up and try and consolidate in Premier?

Who's left Willow?
I have read that they are struggling to recruit but they did have a good young nucleus that with a couple of recruits may have done enough to stay up and try and consolidate in Premier?
Will still have just about all those good young guys from the premiership, but will find it tough going without some older guys that have retired or moved on. Mcerlain, Piggot, Bongetti, Young, Smith to name a few. Plus quite a number of reserve and U/19 players going elsewhere not wanting the jump up a grade hurts the depth. No recruits as of yet and training numbers low. Will be worse off than last year unfortunately yet playing premier. EK would be in a far better position now to go up.

What a great Opportunity for new leadership and a new direction for the competition. With the CEO moving on, Bring in someone with fresh ideas and to engage the 3 seniors divisions with the Junior competition and Womens divisions - Maybe even split the role into 2 and have major performance targets and accountability. But, with the same board, are they game to step it up !! Good starting point would be to fix this Salary Cap & Points structure and then move onto some Random ASADA Testing throughout the season across all divisions- would be very interesting what pops up !!

What a great Opportunity for new leadership and a new direction for the competition. With the CEO moving on, Bring in someone with fresh ideas and to engage the 3 seniors divisions with the Junior competition and Womens divisions - Maybe even split the role into 2 and have major performance targets and accountability. But, with the same board, are they game to step it up !! Good starting point would be to fix this Salary Cap & Points structure and then move onto some Random ASADA Testing throughout the season across all divisions- would be very interesting what pops up !!
Your post started well then just drifted into fantasy land.. ASADA testing FML.. it’s park footy.
You are right though removing the salary cap needs to be #1 priority for the league.

Your post started well then just drifted into fantasy land.. ASADA testing FML.. it’s park footy.
You are right though removing the salary cap needs to be #1 priority for the league.
I think priority #1 is ousting the boys club opps sorry my apologies ahhh the current board.... do the clubs have the power to do this via the constitution?

Donald D

I think priority #1 is ousting the boys club opps sorry my apologies ahhh the current board.... do the clubs have the power to do this via the constitution?

Donald D

Couldn’t agree more DD.
The board goes against any modern day governance structure. It is not a skilled board. Has football people on it, goes back to the same (Eg I Price). It is very much a boys club. Can anyone give some insight as to what skills Condos brings?
1st thing change the constitution so that the board can appoint a 1or 2 directors removing the onus on clubs voting.

Couldn’t agree more DD.
The board goes against any modern day governance structure. It is not a skilled board. Has football people on it, goes back to the same (Eg I Price). It is very much a boys club. Can anyone give some insight as to what skills Condos brings?
1st thing change the constitution so that the board can appoint a 1or 2 directors removing the onus on clubs voting.

GG, I think you will find the constitution was written by a club president. Giving all power to the club's if and when they choose to use it. The club's (presidents) have the board they want.

Donald D
The board appoint the role, so can not really expect much more than a puppet master. Only way the board changes is if the clubs revolt.

thanks Stax for thinking of me with your nomination but I’m no ones puppet as never liked hands up my back. 😂
However if asked I would seroiusly consider it depending on the salary package.. 😉😉😂

The board appoint the role, so can not really expect much more than a puppet master. Only way the board changes is if the clubs revolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back