EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full of it as usual Chops - it was announced and carved in stone at $200K 4 years ago and re-confirmed months back. Only conjecture has been Premier Div clubs kicking up a stink - no one else to blame. Good to see you have weighed in to pay your phone bill and your outstanding water bill too! Seriously - what a croc
Well said...clubs just have head in sand.
Well done to EDFL for not giving into some

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ajula Damandeep put in a clearance to Pascoe Vale, knocked back by airport west though... potentially a contracted player but wants to stay in premier

Sam from Sandringham told me today at Stakes Day whilst sipping on a cold Iron Jack that the boys from Section Road havent been paid since round 12. Anything to see here?

Donald D

Sam from Sandringham told me today at Stakes Day whilst sipping on a cold Iron Jack that the boys from Section Road havent been paid since round 12. Anything to see here?

Donald D
I hope Sam gave you some tips because hes on the money re Greenvale.

I wonder if they're the only club having money troubles?

$200,000 Salary cap is way to high needs to come down, some players are getting paid way to much to play local footy.

I hope Sam gave you some tips because hes on the money re Greenvale.

I wonder if they're the only club having money troubles?

$200,000 Salary cap is way to high needs to come down, some players are getting paid way to much to play local footy.
Not the first time this had happen. I’m guessing it happens at 60-70% of clubs in the edfl. They pay the recruits and the loyal home growns have to wait till junior registration normally in November.

Not the first time this had happen. I’m guessing it happens at 60-70% of clubs in the edfl. They pay the recruits and the loyal home growns have to wait till junior registration normally in November.
It's a pretty poor way to conduct business if true.
There seems to be discussion each season around clubs inability to meet their obligations to their players but some of the same clubs kick up a stink at the prospect of lowering the salary cap, it's absurd IMO.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree Jet... my understanding is the major sponsor hasnt paid for the privilege of being "major spomsor" therefore a significant hole has appeared in the cashflow. Some advice for this sponsor....... dont break a deal when the top dog is a solicitor..... could get ugly
It's a pretty poor way to conduct business if true.
There seems to be discussion each season around clubs inability to meet their obligations to their players but some of the same clubs kick up a stink at the prospect of lowering the salary cap, it's absurd IMO.

Donald D

Agree Jet... my understanding is the major sponsor hasnt paid for the privilege of being "major spomsor" therefore a significant hole has appeared in the cashflow. Some advice for this sponsor....... dont break a deal when the top dog is a solicitor..... could get ugly

Donald D

And a bit of advice for the club, don’t spend the money until you have it in your hand.. Need to have a surplus.
I’m not sure a lawyer could even get the coin. Has the business gone bad or didn’t they get what they were promised?
I don’t know if this is true or not but Greenvale did play with low points and haven’t been recruiting heavily over recent years which is a bit unusual for them. Usually they are cashed up..

Donald D

so it gets ugly....the solicitor isn’t the executioner!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon West Preston would throw him big $, being a valuable 1 pointer for them.
Im always big on players returning to their jnr clubs but I'd heard Abers were a chance, then recently Paul Amy tweeted linking him with this comp.
Will be v.handy no matter where he ends up.

Im always big on players returning to their jnr clubs but I'd heard Abers were a chance, then recently Paul Amy tweeted linking him with this comp.
Will be v.handy no matter where he ends up.

Now I’m against large offers but this big man is worth 2k and would destroy local footy. Absolute beast and ripping bloke. But think his heading back to his junior club after fielding a big offer from a country club. That’s the type of guy he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back