EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which programs? It can only be Jets and or Cannons? I do remember a former junior EDS coach recruiting a dream team a few years back
Donald D
EDS U16’s won the flag in 2015, most of those boys had played at the club since U12. The only really big in for that year was Cam Rayner, he actually first went to Keilor before heading to EDS. That team got beaten the previous year and the year before that from memory Keilor won. In 2013 EDS won the U16 flag as well, again with boys that mainly grew up playing with the club. Some boys did come from the WRFL but they certainly weren’t all play at the Jets. Just because he coached the EDFL U16’s doesn’t mean he poached players for his under 16 teams.

Tell us which superstars came over from Keilor, Abers or Strathmore who were the other big clubs.

Last edited:
EDS U16’s won the flag in 2015, most of those boys had played at the club since U12. The only really big in for that year was Cam Rayner, he actually first went to Keilor before heading to EDS. That team got beaten the previous year and the year before that from memory Keilor won. In 2013 EDS won the U16 flag as well, again with boys that mainly grew up playing with the club. Some boys did come from the WRFL but they certainly weren’t all play at the Jets. Just because he coached the EDFL U18’s doesn’t mean he poached players for his under 16 teams.

Tell us which superstars came over from Keilor, Abers or Strathmore who were the other big clubs.
No such thing as EDFL 18's rep footy is there? He coached EDFL 16's rep footy. Plenty more to play out yet on this topic leading into 2020/21 season....

Donald D

Hearing bigger clubs raping the lower clubs of there junior talent. Cannons & Jets not helping either and it needs to be stamped out and some coaches should be suspended or lose there accreditation.
So how do you work around the points system just get someone to apply to coach a rep team or be involved in a TAC cup team and start recruiting kids from there to change clubs.
What a disgrace!!!!
Name names please Turbo? Or PM me ...
I have participated at Cannons for 7-8 years now, and know of a few people who were moved on by Kytey within a short time of being involved simply for trying such things, as Ian frowned on stuff like club hopping etc.

If it's still happening then that's $hit :thumbsdown:

Now up on EDFL website confirming cancellation till 2nd May.
Some leagues including the EDFL are defying AFL victoria by announcing may2 to reassess the situation. AFL saying 31st May. 👊👊
If this did happen watch all the transfers come in so players can get 3/4 extra games in. Interesting but most likely they all start the same time.

No such thing as EDFL 18's rep footy is there? He coached EDFL 16's rep footy. Plenty more to play out yet on this topic leading into 2020/21 season....

Donald D
Yep my bad, got the age wrong but still standby rest of it. If I’m wrong then name the boys that club hopped after being poached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe some of the comments on social media criticising clubs, leagues, regions etc regarding local football closures.

"Little Johnny is shattered, why weren't we consulted ... "

Gimme a spell. Now's the perfect chance for many to return to old school parenting, have a conversation, teach resilience, talk about whilst disappointing health and safety of everyone is far more important, the sun will come up tomorrow ... maybe go and have a kick with your kids yourself.

No doubt a lot of the whinging is from many who drop and run, never hop inside the fence and use junior sport as another form of child minding.

Get over yourselves and realise the world is a big big place withe a far more complex situation going on.

Last edited:
Hearing a few parents at a club who have paid their membership for the kids are now asking for some cash back due to the confusion of what they have paid for as a member . ie 16 games cut to 8 games etc, the problem being that the club has used the money to finalise their 2019 senior match payments.
" Here theirs no cash "

Hearing a few parents at a club who have paid their membership for the kids are now asking for some cash back due to the confusion of what they have paid for as a member . ie 16 games cut to 8 games etc, the problem being that the club has used the money to finalise their 2019 senior match payments.
" Here theirs no cash "
Yep, the good juice down at the watering hole has it that there a number of clubs that have used 2020 junior subs to pay 2019 seniors. The boys up at Section Road were already in trouble and this will have them on their knees. The other skuttlebut i'm hearing is that clubs who've paid sign-on fees ("we don't pay sign on fees" - yeah, sure, tell it to the judge) are wondering how they'll survive if they have to return all the junior subs and the snr season restarts (juniors very unlikely to start). JUst skuttlebut, I have no facts or evidence, but its surely got legs.

Name names please Turbo? Or PM me ...
I have participated at Cannons for 7-8 years now, and know of a few people who were moved on by Kytey within a short time of being involved simply for trying such things, as Ian frowned on stuff like club hopping etc.

If it's still happening then that's $hit :thumbsdown:
I will PM you mate with some good detail.

I will PM you mate with some good detail.
Ok will keep an eye out.
Don't be surprised if it's all parent driven mate, as any junior coach should be looking (I hope) to preserve and sustain the game across the entire EDFL, and give a great, fun experience to all players from 1 down to 25/26 on the list.

I'd be shattered to have a coach in my charge of my kids who solely wanted to have an U14 or U16 medal hanging behind his/her TV.

Ok will keep an eye out.
Don't be surprised if it's all parent driven mate, as any junior coach should be looking (I hope) to preserve and sustain the game across the entire EDFL, and give a great, fun experience to all players from 1 down to 25/26 on the list.

I'd be shattered to have a coach in my charge of my kids who solely wanted to have an U14 or U16 medal hanging behind his/her TV.
Mate some club coaches will do anything to win even in the lower ages. Most supported by the club. It’s not good I agree but some clubs never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back