EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Things the EDFL should be working on ground conditions, club facilities & making sure when footy returns we keep club runners offf the field as much as possible. Thoughts Turbo?

How the f$&@ is this being funded, during the shutdown, actually with a winter off the grounds will be better for it, the comment re runners is quite bazaar

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3 Things the EDFL should be working on ground conditions, club facilities & making sure when footy returns we keep club runners offf the field as much as possible. Thoughts Turbo?
I think you nailed it. 👍

imagine after being in isolation all this time those runners will never come off. Most uneducated attention seeking donkeys. 😄😄

I think it’s an ideal time for councils to improve the grounds. No better time than when you can’t use them. But that would take educated people to think of that. 🤔🤔

How will the EDFL suppose to improve ground conditions and club facilities.
With these things run by council and councils short on cash due to the corona virus. Lots of capital works will be postponed or scrapped all together.
Looks like Abers new clubrooms will be put on hold.

How will the EDFL suppose to improve ground conditions and club facilities.
With these things run by council and councils short on cash due to the corona virus. Lots of capital works will be postponed or scrapped all together.
Looks like Abers new clubrooms will be put on hold.
The amount of rates we pay they should have a big bank balance Horse! I’m not talking about a full resurface mate just spend some time and go over each ground. Level them out, put down some seed, air rate them etc etc

The amount of rates we pay they should have a big bank balance Horse! I’m not talking about a full resurface mate just spend some time and go over each ground. Level them out, put down some seed, air rate them etc etc
You do realise that councils have over 100 services that they provide the community. With most councils have between 800-1000 workers. Most of the rates go to providing those services and paying the workforce. Whatever is left then goes to major projects. grounds would cost 50k-70k to top dress an oval. Most councils have between 20-30 sporting ovals in their municipality, that is a lot of money to do what you say and fix up the grounds.
I wish people would stop having a go at councils about how high rates are. I know for a fact that Moonee valley has Some of the lowest rates in Melbourne.

Sounds like Turbo is now head Agronomist at all Vic councils Horse? Is there anything this person doesnt know?

Donald D

The Marby ground just got a full resurface Turbo over summer. you will be happy about that, now I dont want hear you or anyone else whinge now about the marby ground surface cow paddock hopefully later on this year when footy get under away .

The Marby ground just got a full resurface Turbo over summer. you will be happy about that, now I dont want hear you or anyone else whinge now about the marby ground surface cow paddock hopefully later on this year when footy get under away .
About time to. Do you remember the time they laid a new wicket down and found 2 wickets on top of each other. The donkey who replaced the previous one just laid it over the top hence why they had a mound there for a number of years. 😄😄
Still would have preferred new rooms to have been built between the grounds to watch from but hey the social rooms are still ok I guess. Great size..
I did hear the Marby lions are very confident about this season before this isolation kicked in. Great to hear as they went with an experienced coach and youth and it’s paying off. Always risky post Castello but good on them. Always helps when outgoing coach doesn’t poach players so great respect to previous coach.

You do realise that councils have over 100 services that they provide the community. With most councils have between 800-1000 workers. Most of the rates go to providing those services and paying the workforce. Whatever is left then goes to major projects. grounds would cost 50k-70k to top dress an oval. Most councils have between 20-30 sporting ovals in their municipality, that is a lot of money to do what you say and fix up the grounds.
I wish people would stop having a go at councils about how high rates are. I know for a fact that Moonee valley has Some of the lowest rates in Melbourne.
Cmon mate, 50-70k for a quick renovation of the “some” grounds. I’m not saying complete top dress but a full inspection of each ground to see what needs to be done. Perfect time. But I do hear your views and respect them. 👍

Cmon mate, 50-70k for a quick renovation of the “some” grounds. I’m not saying complete top dress but a full inspection of each ground to see what needs to be done. Perfect time. But I do hear your views and respect them. 👍
It adds up when dealing with contractors (which always add 10-20% extra cause it’s a council) most councils outsource cause they don’t have the equipment to do a proper top dress. The other issue is when you get a contractor in you may as well get half the grounds or at least 1/3 done as it’s cost effective down the track. So hence why it’s an expensive process.

It adds up when dealing with contractors (which always add 10-20% extra cause it’s a council) most councils outsource cause they don’t have the equipment to do a proper top dress. The other issue is when you get a contractor in you may as well get half the grounds or at least 1/3 done as it’s cost effective down the track. So hence why it’s an expensive process.

Anything but a complete re - construction is a waste of time and money, without grants it won’t happen, it’s also to late as winter is almost here and this must be done over warmer months, when the couch can take and proved a grass cover.
If the season starts and runs into October it will force cricket to start later, which just compounds problems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this published tonight by a Gippsland Gun...

Football has been part of me my whole life, but it’s not the game I miss.

I miss getting to training mid week when it’s wet and windy, after being inside all day.

I miss seeing my friends in an environment where they are most completely themselves.

I miss building something together with my club, in it together.

I miss waking up on game day, packing my bag hardly being able to eat.

I miss watching the reserves and talking absolute jive with the boys, coffee in hand.

I miss the hour after the game, sitting and having a beer in the rooms.

It’s never been about the game, it’s been about the people, the club and the community.

Can’t wait to see everyone.❤️

Gold Blake Carew

Saw this published tonight by a Gippsland Gun...

Football has been part of me my whole life, but it’s not the game I miss.

I miss getting to training mid week when it’s wet and windy, after being inside all day.

I miss seeing my friends in an environment where they are most completely themselves.

I miss building something together with my club, in it together.

I miss waking up on game day, packing my bag hardly being able to eat.

I miss watching the reserves and talking absolute jive with the boys, coffee in hand.

I miss the hour after the game, sitting and having a beer in the rooms.

It’s never been about the game, it’s been about the people, the club and the community.

Can’t wait to see everyone.❤

Gold Blake Carew
Hits the nail on the head.. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hits the nail on the head.. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Country players do think differently mate. If the salary cap is reduced will more country players who play in metro leagues decide to go home and play as the money will be the same. I think yes most definitely they will go home and play..

Country players do think differently mate. If the salary cap is reduced will more country players who play in metro leagues decide to go home and play as the money will be the same. I think yes most definitely they will go home and play..
IMO that would be great,
I'm just hoping that the present situation forces clubs and competitions to adopt more fiscally responsible practices.

50-70k isn't that just two less recruits for each club turbs, from previous seasons😜🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣 maybe the clubs could put some money in to get grounds up to your standards, you are a man of many talents I didn't know you were big footys Jamie Durie as well.

There is talk that country leagues could play if the players are local, like hubs in regions, as there are less cases in regional Vic, how will metro clubs be able to get leagues to start and signed off by the chief medical officer, as it's harder to say that in Melbourne?

maybe ex country lads will head home as turbs points out, interesting times ahead for footy of a semi professional nature and will it drop back to being more amateur

50-70k isn't that just two less recruits for each club turbs, from previous seasons😜🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣 maybe the clubs could put some money in to get grounds up to your standards, you are a man of many talents I didn't know you were big footys Jamie Durie as well.

There is talk that country leagues could play if the players are local, like hubs in regions, as there are less cases in regional Vic, how will metro clubs be able to get leagues to start and signed off by the chief medical officer, as it's harder to say that in Melbourne?

maybe ex country lads will head home as turbs points out, interesting times ahead for footy of a semi professional nature and will it drop back to being more amateur
Trent I can definitely see players who have family in the country or have a strong bond to a country side head home each weekend rather than play Metro if the money is reduced to the point it’s the same for both. Head home and enjoy the country.
The standard in all leagues will drop significantly due to the reduced budgets. Players who work Saturday or have young families might decide to no longer play. It’s a personal choice but That’s just the way it will be. Is it good or bad? Well it’s neither really as it’s still local community footy where we go to interact and enjoy the community spirit..Maybe crowds will be less vocal with criticism and just enjoy the contest..

Good points turbs, will clubs be more lenient to guys working Saturday mornings to get to the game close to game time, there should be more coaches as soft caps in AFL have dropped so more coaches will be looking for work at lower levels.

Might be a bit of give and take from both clubs and players after this with lower pays, but less commitment from clubs to players, in regards to trainings reduced. Players who are good at footy will still play footy turbs, just for less money and you will be surprised if you give good juniors the opportunity they may turn into quality players, it might distribute more quality players throughout the state rather then a Higher proportion in Melbourne, like what's the case now

Trent I can definitely see players who have family in the country or have a strong bond to a country side head home each weekend rather than play Metro if the money is reduced to the point it’s the same for both. Head home and enjoy the country.
The standard in all leagues will drop significantly due to the reduced budgets. Players who work Saturday or have young families might decide to no longer play. It’s a personal choice but That’s just the way it will be. Is it good or bad? Well it’s neither really as it’s still local community footy where we go to interact and enjoy the community spirit..Maybe crowds will be less vocal with criticism and just enjoy the contest..

Good points turbs, will clubs be more lenient to guys working Saturday mornings to get to the game close to game time, there should be more coaches as soft caps in AFL have dropped so more coaches will be looking for work at lower levels.

Might be a bit of give and take from both clubs and players after this with lower pays, but less commitment from clubs to players, in regards to trainings reduced. Players who are good at footy will still play footy turbs, just for less money and you will be surprised if you give good juniors the opportunity they may turn into quality players, it might distribute more quality players throughout the state rather then a Higher proportion in Melbourne, like what's the case now

$50k salary cap for this season. EDFL to confirm shortly. $80k cap for next season reducing after that. Massive penalties to be imposed if anyone caught flaunting the cap with shifts in canteens, paper bags, sign on fees etc. the days of a player getting $1200 per game over. A top player will get $300 max!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back