EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume abers were on the limit of the salary cap last year $20,000 less this year and they sign this guy,in your words the biggest offer I’ve heard in a long time,how in the hell can they be under the cap next year.

They have lost Blackwell so it releases some $$. Don’t forget they have been fined before so are on notice.

I assume abers were on the limit of the salary cap last year $20,000 less this year and they sign this guy,in your words the biggest offer I’ve heard in a long time,how in the hell can they be under the cap next year.
I don’t think they will be under but they would claim - no Blackwell or Pound next year

3 clubs in 3 years becoming a real journeymen, not a great reputation and becomes expensive on points

I'm sure that there's something more worthwhile to discuss than the status of a players marriage,
Pacco recruiting heavily again - will this be the season that it pays dividends or will the likes of Keilor, Abers & Strathmore still be too strong?

I'm sure that there's something more worthwhile to discuss than the status of a players marriage,
Pacco recruiting heavily again - will this be the season that it pays dividends or will the likes of Keilor, Abers & Strathmore still be too strong?
Abers obviously recruited well with Meese but might be losing a few ?
Strathmore a young side last year on the rise so if they hold their list and add some top end talent that compliment their list they could be strong.
Keilor undefeated season with a rough run of injuries(Cavka, O’kearney, McGregor) Can bring in these players almost as new recruits and haven’t lost any players have they?

Will definitely be a competitive season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abers have lost 5-6. They have gained Messe (who is a star), and were undefeated in their reserves last year. They had lots of under 19s deciding to play reserves last year. I think this is the perfect storm for Abers to lower their spending and to also bring in a fresh batch of youngsters, develop and keep them.

Abers have lost 5-6. They have gained Messe (who is a star), and were undefeated in their reserves last year. They had lots of under 19s deciding to play reserves last year. I think this is the perfect storm for Abers to lower their spending and to also bring in a fresh batch of youngsters, develop and keep them.

Which 5-6 have they lost?

Meese is a gun! Not sure what he is on but he is worth 1.5-2k a game

Which 5-6 have they lost?

Meese is a gun! Not sure what he is on but he is worth 1.5-2k a game
Meese on >$2k per game as his junior club West Preston offered but were outbid. Will dominate as beside Deluca ruck stocks pretty light on.

the edfl is becoming like Premier League more and more - pencil in AB v K for GF again, so predictable with SM & Pv rounding out top 4. Battle for relegation more interesting which is a sad case. CB coming up but history says side coming up always struggle and Throw in AH and Ed’s (who have lost Angus and Lil) then there’s your bottom 3. Perhaps add Glenroy in that mix as well as they have lost a few.

Meese on >$2k per game as his junior club West Preston offered but were outbid. Will dominate as beside Deluca ruck stocks pretty light on.

the edfl is becoming like Premier League more and more - pencil in AB v K for GF again, so predictable with SM & Pv rounding out top 4. Battle for relegation more interesting which is a sad case. CB coming up but history says side coming up always struggle and Throw in AH and Ed’s (who have lost Angus and Lil) then there’s your bottom 3. Perhaps add Glenroy in that mix as well as they have lost a few.
Keilor have to be favourite for the title again. Abers losing some but they are still a strong club. Some reserves will step up to fill the void and all capable. Have the best junior program for many years but Strathmore gaining on that. Only EDS have had a better group from which they would have had players between 24 and 21 years old now. Down side for them though is most have scattered for various reasons. Greenvale will be the dark horse, they will have an up and down year. Strathmore and Pascoe Vale will make up the four. Maribyrnong pulled some games out of the bag but haven’t heard much to what is happening there. AH and CB to fight out relegation.
1. Keilor
2. Abers
3. Pascoe Vale
4. Strathmore
5. Greenvale
6. EDS
7. Maribyrnong
8. Glenroy
9. CB
10. AH

Can blame the lunatics who thought the points system was a good idea for this.. No surprise that Abers and Keilor both have the strongest juniors so will continue to dominate and teams like Pacco, Marby cant compete

Can blame the lunatics who thought the points system was a good idea for this.. No surprise that Abers and Keilor both have the strongest juniors so will continue to dominate and teams like Pacco, Marby cant compete
Did the other clubs not see this coming??? I can assure you the edfl will do nothing. the rules were for everyone. all but a few prepared themselves for this. I hope abers new 3 storey clubrooms attract many more affluents outside of their suburb. eat or get eaten

Keilor have to be favourite for the title again. Abers losing some but they are still a strong club. Some reserves will step up to fill the void and all capable. Have the best junior program for many years but Strathmore gaining on that. Only EDS have had a better group from which they would have had players between 24 and 21 years old now. Down side for them though is most have scattered for various reasons. Greenvale will be the dark horse, they will have an up and down year. Strathmore and Pascoe Vale will make up the four. Maribyrnong pulled some games out of the bag but haven’t heard much to what is happening there. AH and CB to fight out relegation.
1. Keilor
2. Abers
3. Pascoe Vale
4. Strathmore
5. Greenvale
6. EDS
7. Maribyrnong
8. Glenroy
9. CB
10. AH

I agree Keilor and Abers with maybe Strathmore for GF. Disagree with AH fighting for relegation. Looking at their FB page have seem to recruited well and their u/19 played in GF so should have some players come through. I believe Greenvale will struggle with a few leaving.

1 Keilor
2 Strathmore
3 Abers
4 PV
5 Maribyrnong
6 AH
7 Glenroy
8 Greenvale
9 EDS
10 CB

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did the other clubs not see this coming??? I can assure you the edfl will do nothing. the rules were for everyone. all but a few prepared themselves for this. I hope abers new 3 storey clubrooms attract many more affluents outside of their suburb. eat or get eaten
Would take a generation for the other clubs to catch up to what Abers have built, but for clubs like Pacco, Glenroy etc who have an ageing demographic and very few kids coming through makes it impossible, unless they start poaching talented u16 & 18yo so that when they get to senior footy they are only better point players.

I agree Keilor and Abers with maybe Strathmore for GF. Disagree with AH fighting for relegation. Looking at their FB page have seem to recruited well and their u/19 played in GF so should have some players come through. I believe Greenvale will struggle with a few leaving.

1 Keilor
2 Strathmore
3 Abers
4 PV
5 Maribyrnong
6 AH
7 Glenroy
8 Greenvale
9 EDS
10 CB

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big call putting Strathmore ahead of Abers. Even though they have lost a few they seem to have recruited and some of their reserves will step up. Not sure AH will finish 6th either. Greenvale will struggle, but 8th? Or have they lost more than people are saying. EDS lost a few games by quiet a lot but they also lost some they shouldn’t have and by not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back