EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a joke. No club can play a competition among this uncertainty, I have always pushed for a season to be pursued if possible and safe to do so but this has gone too far and it is downright ridiculous for clubs in this league to be wanting to push ahead considering the location of hotspots. There will be 100+ cases tomorrow

This is a joke. No club can play a competition among this uncertainty, I have always pushed for a season to be pursued if possible and safe to do so but this has gone too far and it is downright ridiculous for clubs in this league to be wanting to push ahead considering the location of hotspots. There will be 100+ cases tomorrow

To be honest if they cancel the senior season they should cancel junior season too. Volunteers, parents etc are also adults and if they claim they worry about health risks then do it properly.

However there won’t be a vaccine for over 12 months they say so I do not feel living the way we have been with so much uncertainty is also positive.

When you look at the numbers this virus kills f*ck all compared to majority of other viruses so I don’t feel stopping our lives and everything because of it is the right decision.

Media warps everyone’s perception... it’s a bloody cold ffs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clubs have been requested to provide their preference for a season ( YES or NO) by lunch time tomorrow for Board meeting later that night
Yeah I understand that. My reading is they needed that vote done before they could cancel the season. Hence why clubs are now voting. So 20 clubs need to vote no for the season to be officially cancelled.
that’s my understanding of the rules. I could be wrong.

I’d love for footy to happen but I can’t see this vote working.

How would it work if there are 2-3 teams willing to play in div 1 or div 2?? and the rest literally cannot. Would Premier go ahead and the other two leagues just forfeit??

Or does the league force them to field a side and punish them if they cannot ?

the moment any club is punished for not playing, then the EDFL will have a real problem. Then again it depends if that club has the gumption and courage to take it further. It’s ludicrous that we are talking about this at the moment, I can’t believe the league are actually considering this. Questions need to be asked and I don’t hold much faith in any member clubs pushing the envelope too much with the EDFL.

I think you’ll find it’s 20 to cancel. But I could be wrong and you could be right. We will find out tomorrow night I guess
What a shambles the EDFL look to the outside footy world. Clubs pay enough affiliate fees, we all cope enough fines, and this league is one of the biggest so surely we can get the appropriate people to run the league operations as it must be a decent job. Are we paying peanuts and therefore get monkeys!! Maybe increase the salary and we get someone with a decent level of intelligence and is neutral.. What’s the go I’ve had enough of this complete shambles of a league..

So to add more clarity.....which Clubs actually vote ?

EDFL is made up of 29 clubs includes 2 junior only clubs PLUS 6 Associate Member Clubs ( 3 Women's, 2 Juniors & 1 Senior)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the leaders of these protesting clubs, think they know better than just about every other competition in the state, including individual clubs that are pulling out if their league hasn't.

And since the decision was made by the EDFL last Thursday, the only thing that has changed is the increase in the number of cases.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the EDFL is reconsidering this. If it is now going to a vote of the clubs, it really is a poor reflection of clubs that vote for the season to go ahead, based on the increase number of cases since the original decision

To be honest if they cancel the senior season they should cancel junior season too. Volunteers, parents etc are also adults and if they claim they worry about health risks then do it properly.

However there won’t be a vaccine for over 12 months they say so I do not feel living the way we have been with so much uncertainty is also positive.

When you look at the numbers this virus kills f*ck all compared to majority of other viruses so I don’t feel stopping our lives and everything because of it is the right decision.

Think it’s a bit more than a cold. Death rate is extremely high in some countries. In excess of 18% in France. Over 14% in U.K and Italy, 9.5% in Spain. 136,000 deaths in those 4 countries alone. Admittedly those countries do have a higher proportion of elderly people than we do in Australia, and the attrition rate is not nearly as high in some other countries. However that attrition rate is bloody high.

However I contend that Australia is only travelling as well as we are because both Federal and state governments got in early and imposed stringent measures right from the outset. Over the past couple of weeks we can see what can happen if government takes their foot off the brake a bit too early.

Last edited:
It’s amusing that the all powerful people(in their minds) can’t accept the decisions made by the board that they helped put together. Of course everyone would love to have footy played this year.. but in this worsening situation we are all in the board have come up with the correct decision... should have happened sooner
If only all the board represented the broader EDFL community and not working for one particular president!

So the leaders of these protesting clubs, think they know better than just about every other competition in the state, including individual clubs that are pulling out if their league hasn't.

And since the decision was made by the EDFL last Thursday, the only thing that has changed is the increase in the number of cases.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the EDFL is reconsidering this. If it is now going to a vote of the clubs, it really is a poor reflection of clubs that vote for the season to go ahead, based on the increase number of cases since the original decision
To be fair, you could argue that all those competitions that have withdrawn think they know better than the Federal CMO, the State CHO, the Prime Minister and the Premier - all of whom have said community sport is safe to resume.
Logically transmission in outdoor environments is rare. You can't help but think these decisions are being driven primarily by money and they are hiding behind the umbrella of 'health' as a reason.

I do agree that there is no point reconsidering the decision. They've made it and they need to stand by it.

Come on Cheap

Your going backwards again whats the word on the street regarding the vote?
Come on mate the only thing going backwards here is the EDFL board 🤣
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.48.46 pm.png

Embarrassing but fun watching all the loonies/antivaxxers come out to play again :cool:

I also get to watch you get all excited again.

Sort of like a seeing a kid all excited to get on the ride then they want to get off midway. I think I might want the season to go ahead just to watch you go for the ride :oops:

I win/I win, you win I win remember this is too easy.... Torp you are a glutton for punishment buddy. I miss you but I feel a bit guilty because it's a bit too easy...

I wonder whether Larrkin and Kent feel a bit guilty too running rings around Kyte, Shinners and co tickling their balls just the right way to try and get what they want.

Last edited:

Yeah it’s a cold .. sure .. do you ever look at the figures from overseas.. 500,000 plus dead

THE EDFL Board of Management has this evening elected to cancel all senior competitions for the 2020 season.

Apparently Bruce Kent wrote to the EDFL and stated that the decision wasn't made in accordance with the EDFL constitution or Bi Laws, the laws that the law firm he owns wrote for the EDFL so they need to formally convene another board meeting and make the decision in accordance with those laws.
Bruce is desperate. That’s what happens when you use this years junior fees to pay last years outstanding senior payments.Couldnt happen to a better bunch lol

C5F89A32-D391-4D42-9AC5-EC20EBF4EFF8.png
Approximately 38 leagues in Victoria have cancelled now and NOT 1 has gone out 3 days later and flagged reviewing their decision 🤔

This is insane.......

Every other league has foremost conscientiously considered the safety and wellbeing of its members in its decision. All except the EDFL, where some ridiculously think they can still play out a modified season.

Yet the EDFL sits amidst the states biggest Covid-19 hotspots......

Just one question. If the completion is now forced to go ahead. Will the clubs be getting wavers signed by its members and volunteers?

Just in case of an outbreak directly related to the club. Where they may have been negligent in administering Covid protocols and someone was to contract and spread the virus. While also then having to sit out from their jobs or even worse have their lives put in jeopardy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back