EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your talking about a normal year of junior footy Horse but the discussion is more around the refunding of registration fees due to no footy/coaching for this year. It’s up to you if you want to pay higher rego fees at a certain club I agree but if the season is cancelled surely you get majority of your fees refunded. Otherwise it’s purely ripping of parents to pay players sign ons. Surely you know that.

If there is a cap of say 100k and it’s policed then a player like Meese would return to play for West Preston with his mates as the money offered would be in a similar bracket. Only the bigger $$ attracted him to ABERS. Yes this is only 1 example as it occurs at most clubs around the country. But paying a certain amount upfront is not uncommon either however in this time of covid it could well backfire on many clubs.
Please tell me about the Meese Contract $$$
You seem to know it all. Lmfao

I would imagine a club like Abers might employee someone full time to run its operations, its website etc and then you have power to the rooms, uniform stock that was pre-purchased and needs to be paid for.

Remember having this chat roughly a decade ago in circles regarding how local clubs may run in the future. Part time, semi retired type people could be utilised more (for an earn) to legitimately do all the operations that were becoming more involved and/or required so that the game days could run smoothly.

I am not associated with Abers or any club in the EDFL any more since moving bayside, but you just sound jaded and jealous of the success Abers have and want to bring them down instead of using that envy to learn and make your club more successful.
jealous. I don't think so. our shelves are full of recent trophies and I haven't seen any negative feedback on KFCs financial management. If that comes, i'll stand corrected, just as I did with my return to play position. I have nothing to do with their books or refund policy. in fact I'm not sure they even published one. Maybe their closely watching us experts on BF before they decide which way to jump. But please don't begrudge me a chance to chortle at Abers, I have so little else to make me smile in these covid times.

Councils charge fees all year round, and are paid all year round irrespective of cricket /footy season they annualise the costs so as to not over burden the clubs. Training tops may be paid by sponsors if clubs have been able to get the coin. Clubs order the merchandise based on a season going ahead. The season was postponed on March 23rd well and truly after all Merchandise was ordered!
Edfl have minimum orders on shorts and socks so they are ordered and paid for irrespective of orders
Jumpers are not owned by the club

New Footballs are purchased

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Moreland Council has not charged anything for winter tenants. That’s a fact!!

E23E0368-BE35-45EC-9DB7-A590CFC33359.png
5444A63A-3F8C-47FF-8327-1212808DF8E3.png
I hope we all remember this when things have settled down and people are itching to watch some local footy.

Thinking back on some of those absurd comments like:

Some serious reflection is in order Jett, Craig Hutchy and TP86.

26BB37E0-FB60-4CB3-A069-0E897DD414F7.png
98EED5F8-04F6-4661-A973-EF3A8CBD43FA.png
F5FCC200-8740-44DE-8265-3C7C60B85779.png
“Just want to see some good local football on my bloody Saturday’s”

“clubs who just wanted every chance to play”

“It’s an ongoing embarrassment and unbecoming”

I reckon that sums it up alright.

Last edited:
View attachment 915434
View attachment 915435
I hope we all remember this when things have settled down and people are itching to watch some local footy.

Thinking back on some of those absurd comments like:

Some serious reflection is in order Jett, Craig Hutchy and TP86.

View attachment 915438
View attachment 915439
View attachment 915440
“Just want to see some good local football on my bloody Saturday’s”

“clubs who just wanted every chance to play”

“It’s an ongoing embarrassment and unbecoming”

I reckon that sums it up alright.
Find a hobby sporto.

Find a hobby sporto.
Yep, I reckon we've whipped that dead horse to pieces now and i'm happy to leave Abers to get 40% off the 2s, 3s, 18s and womens on their own. I'm not 100% on the rules regarding player transfers, has EDFL published those. Are they allowed or only allowed outside of EDFL? If no transfers allowed, this forum will be pretty quiet for a few months. Coaching changes? There's still a little bit of wind in that sail. Maybe points and cap will be all we've got left after that.

Find a hobby sporto.
I think it’s the people who wanted footy to go ahead are the ones who need to find a new hobby sporto 🤔😩

Good hunting 👌🏿

I can see why people would want to pretend they didn’t say those things it would make you feel reallyyyyyyy stupid and selfish.... Maybe even ashamed.

Everyone on BF like to spout off and make big calls and opinions (including me) on stuff and talk about people like the EDFL being held accountable but as soon as someone taps you on the shoulder and says how about you be accountable or acknowledge how absurd your thinking was , it’s all let’s move on it’s old news, so weak.

That’s the definition of a front runner or a bully who only want to spout off when they know they can win.

It's so easy to talk s**t and move on to the next BF post those old posts are buried pages ago everyone forgets.

Last edited:
I think it’s the people who wanted footy to go ahead are the ones who need to find a new hobby sporto 🤔😩

Good hunting 👌🏿

I can see why people would want to pretend they didn’t say those things it would make you feel reallyyyyyyy stupid and selfish.... Maybe even ashamed
Ashamed that they want to play football??? Or watch??? Or help the club??? I think you’re wrong. I think most people are realistic and thought footy wouldn’t go ahead this year, but tried everything to make it happen. Negative people just jumped on the other side (you) the easier way, Well done mate, you were right. Personally I’d be ashamed if I carried on for ages with stupid little videos and other bullshit to announce on a footy forum that no footy is happening, and still doing it. I’d be really ashamed, that’s just me. Carry on with your hobby then.

Ashamed that they want to play football??? Or watch??? Or help the club??? I think you’re wrong. I think most people are realistic and thought footy wouldn’t go ahead this year, but tried everything to make it happen. Negative people just jumped on the other side (you) the easier way, Well done mate, you were right. Personally I’d be ashamed if I carried on for ages with stupid little videos and other bullshit to announce on a footy forum that no footy is happening, and still doing it. I’d be really ashamed, that’s just me. Carry on with your hobby then.
Stop and reread that post about the pregnant woman and reflect on how dangerously wrong your juvenile push to play for a tin cup at the local level was or pretend it was no big deal and move on like most people will and do..

My view was it was dangerous and would unduly put peoples lives at risk for no good reason. Yes you should be ashamed you wanted to play local footy, watch it or 'help' your local club ahead of the risk to people lives. You tell yourself anything you like Turnover I'm sure you have lots of stories in the bookcase to make yourself feel better.

I will carry on one of my favourite hobbies is holding s**t talkers like you accountable.. It's very rewarding.

Last edited:
Stop and reread that post about the pregnant woman and reflect on how dangerously wrong your juvenile push to play for a tin cup at the local level was or pretend it was no big deal and move on like most people will and do..

I will carry on one of my favourite hobbies is holding sh*t talkers like you accountable.. It's very rewarding.
Provide the quotes that I said footy should go ahead. Think I hit a nerve. Missing your drinking buddies on a Saturday at the club, telling them all how good you were back in the day playing for no money and honour.

On the accountability front Greenvale and Keilor have gone dark on Facebook public posts since early July after regular updates. All communication regards refunds on rego fees has gone into private team app channels.

Rumours leaking about how they are approaching refunds stay posted I am sure news will surface in good time.

Hopefully, they do the right thing by their members as EK did.

Provide the quotes that I said footy should go ahead. Think I hit a nerve. Missing your drinking buddies on a Saturday at the club, telling them all how good you were back in the day playing for no money and honour.
Woweeeee you are asking me to find a hobby looking at your history there Turnover you wouldn't have time to brush your teeth, I thought I had a crack you're a real forum whore.

Hundred's and Hundreds of posts in a licorice all sorts of forums:

Racing - got a good work out:)
Science/Enviroment- Professor Turnover
Player Watch
The AFL
General Discussion
Science & Religion- Namaste Turnover
Health- Dr Turnover
General Discussion
Politics
Punting Board
Essendon
Game Day Autopsies
Umpiring,MRP, Tribunal & Rules
Footy Fourth Estate
Bay 13
Scandal & Rumours
International Events
EDFL :tearsofjoy: Thanks for giving us some of your time

You're not real I reckon I've been taken for a ride you're a Forum BOT.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 12.28.45 pm.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woweeeee you are asking me to find a hobby looking at your history there Turnover you wouldn't have time to brush your teeth, I thought I had a crack you're a real forum whore.

Hundred's and Hundreds of posts in a licorice all sorts of forums:

Racing - got a good work out:)
Science/Enviroment- Professor Turnover
Player Watch
The AFL
General Discussion
Science & Religion- Namaste Turnover
Health- Dr Turnover
General Discussion
Politics
Punting Board
Essendon
Game Day Autopsies
Umpiring,MRP, Tribunal & Rules
Footy Fourth Estate
Bay 13
Scandal & Rumours
International Events
EDFL :tearsofjoy: Thanks for giving us some of your time

You're not real I reckon I've been taken for a ride you're a Bigfooty BOT.

View attachment 915600
Major nerve hit. Hope the future goes well for you.

Major nerve hit. Hope the future goes well for you.
Come on Turnover 😘 give me a hug I feel bad now I think I might have just found a major Krakatoa root canal size nerve.

You came in swinging Turnover don't drop your arms as soon as you hit the ropes.

Come on Turnover 😘 give me a hug I feel bad now I think I might have just found a major Krakatoa root canal size nerve.

You came in swinging Turnover don't drop your arms as soon as you hit the ropes.
Try the grammar angle next.

It seems to me, based on the CMOs statements in the past 2 days, that we would have been playing footy had it not been for one or two incompetent security guards at a quarantine hotel.
🤣 you guys....

Last edited:
It seems to me, based on the CMOs statements in the past 2 days, that we would have been playing footy had it not been for one or two incompetent security guards at a quarantine hotel.
Yes Colonel,

SA/ TAS /QLD/WA are all now playing football which is what a lot of us had hoped for in 2020.

Had we not had significant outbreaks which made it impossible we still had every right to work hard to get the season up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back