EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if they come straight to Premier at the start of 2021, who is the other club other than the last place that would drop down to allow the premier from Div 1 to come up?
That would never happen - the club’s would rally against any club coming from any competition and going straight into Premier , will not happen !

That would never happen - the club’s would rally against any club coming from any competition and going straight into Premier , will not happen !
Wouldn’t that depend on the quality of the team coming in. Surely all div 2 teams wouldn’t want to be flogged by 200 points each week by a team that could easily beat teams in premier div.

Wouldn’t that depend on the quality of the team coming in. Surely all div 2 teams wouldn’t want to be flogged by 200 points each week by a team that could easily beat teams in premier div.

No won’t happen stay where you are if you don’t like it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im a little shocked Craigieburn haven't recruited anyone. I mean they demolished EK in the grand final however surely Lance doesn't think the list is good enough for premier without topping it up? He has plenty room on points.
Could be a long year in Premier again unfortunately. Plenty are leaving/retired, training numbers low. It’s a shame. EDFL will be disappointed if it turns out to be another easy beat in Premier division.

Could be a long year in Premier again unfortunately. Plenty are leaving/retired, training numbers low. It’s a shame. EDFL will be disappointed if it turns out to be another easy beat in Premier division.
EDFL , disappointed???? EDFL couldn't give a stuff Bissa , same ol' 4-5 clubs playing off for finals and a flag as per the lat 10 years and the rest just making up the numbers. How are Crazyburn or any other side from B Grade supposed to compete in A Grade without being given a leg up by either elevated Points or Salary Cap? Answer - They can't

It will take years to get this comp back on even ground and give every club a hope , the only way to do this is Cap Junior teams in each Division to 2 Teams(up to u/16's) , 1 team per u/18's , 1 team per thirds. Womens - 1 senior team per club

I understand the arguments for and against but in the end that's the only way

EDFL , disappointed???? EDFL couldn't give a stuff Bissa , same ol' 4-5 clubs playing off for finals and a flag as per the lat 10 years and the rest just making up the numbers. How are Crazyburn or any other side from B Grade supposed to compete in A Grade without being given a leg up by either elevated Points or Salary Cap? Answer - They can't

It will take years to get this comp back on even ground and give every club a hope , the only way to do this is Cap Junior teams in each Division to 2 Teams(up to u/16's) , 1 team per u/18's , 1 team per thirds. Womens - 1 senior team per club

Since 2005 only 5 clubs have won flags and they’ve played each in a virtual 5 team comp in all grand finals.
Somethings gotta change
Clearly the points and salary cap isn’t working as this is 5 team comp add Pacco if you like (6)

s
Since 2005 only 5 clubs have won flags and they’ve played each in a virtual 5 team comp in all grand finals.
Somethings gotta change
Clearly the points and salary cap isn’t working as this is 5 team comp add Pacco if you like (6)

There was no points or salary until very recently... still too early to see if it works - Aberfeldie has a huge advantage because they paid huge money to recruit players before either cap, by the time there was a points cap they had been at the club long enough to be low points.

I think over the next few years all teams will become more dependent on juniors

s

There was no points or salary until very recently... still too early to see if it works - Aberfeldie has a huge advantage because they paid huge money to recruit players before either cap, by the time there was a points cap they had been at the club long enough to be low points.

I think over the next few years all teams will become more dependent on juniors

Yeh, true on cap and points, just pointing out what a yawn feast this comp is.

100% agree ! There would be an uproar - There best scenario starting point would be division 1 - If they can belt a team like EK, Tulla & APW with their current list, then they may be the real deal - It would be interesting for a team like St.Albans, but best guess, they will lose a lot players IMO that just dont want to come across or play in the EDFL !!

Can’t see anybody beating Keilor or Abers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thinking, but until the EDFL include U18’s games in those that help qualify as a one point player the changes you have suggested mean nothing.

I like your thinking, but until the EDFL include U18’s games in those that help qualify as a one point player the changes you have suggested mean nothing.
That would be contrary to the point of the system and would only see an increase in the poaching of quality junior talent from rival club's IMO.
I know that it's foreign to some on here but building a strong junior arm is good for a footy club without even factoring in the flow on effect of 1 pointers to their senior sides.
With the prevalence of the mindset that only a clubs senior sides matter, it's any wonder why participation is at a seemingly all-time low despite the booming population of the catchment area.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would be contrary to the point of the system and would only see an increase in the poaching of quality junior talent from rival club's IMO.
I know that it's foreign to some on here but building a strong junior arm is good for a footy club without even factoring in the flow on effect of 1 pointers to their senior sides.
With the prevalence of the mindset that only a clubs senior sides matter, it's any wonder why participation is at a seemingly all-time low despite the booming population of the catchment area.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Particularly if the juniors fund senior match payments as some on here suggest

Particularly if the juniors fund senior match payments as some on here suggest

Hey Sickof, it's not a suggestion it's a guarantee. The bigger the junior base the bigger the budget, look at the ladder.
It amazes me that councils keep investing in facilities when clubs are throwing money around like confetti. Look how much has been spent at Marby Park then look at how many footballers they invested in who are still around the club nurturing the youth.

Hey Sickof, it's not a suggestion it's a guarantee. The bigger the junior base the bigger the budget, look at the ladder.
It amazes me that councils keep investing in facilities when clubs are throwing money around like confetti. Look how much has been spent at Marby Park then look at how many footballers they invested in who are still around the club nurturing the youth.

Yeh it maybe, I guess
Eitherway I hope they do a good job on the Marby paddock it’s been a joke for to long, will never big enough though

I do understand your views however the selling point with Marby is they have big junior numbers now and girls/women’s teams. They were probably due for an upgrade. I see they got new rooms I assume for the girls.

I do understand your views however the selling point with Marby is they have big junior numbers now and girls/women’s teams. They were probably due for an upgrade. I see they got new rooms I assume for the girls.
Guys, not begrudging their upgrade. But the amount of $$$ that local councils have to tip in when all the clubs raised revenue ( local families and businesses) is taken by people who come from outside council boundaries and couldn't give a stuff about the club.

Mate do you really think lance is sitting there saying na we don’t need to recruit??
He’s trying his ass off but blokes don’t want to come to the side who’s stepping up..
A FACT for you.. Lance has had at least 50-70 interviews
Can’t guarantee success so they don’t sign..
Grand final side last year was 31 points
Take a couple retired and points go down on others we would sit roughly 25 points with that list
Plenty of room with points and we aren’t struggling for a dollar either..
Waite staying in the ammos
Hopefully some luck falls the way for Lance
I’ll be watching every week regardless

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate do you really think lance is sitting there saying na we don’t need to recruit??
He’s trying his ass off but blokes don’t want to come to the side who’s stepping up..
A FACT for you.. Lance has had at least 50-70 interviews
Can’t guarantee success so they don’t sign..
Grand final side last year was 31 points
Take a couple retired and points go down on others we would sit roughly 25 points with that list
Plenty of room with points and we aren’t struggling for a dollar either..
Waite staying in the ammos
Hopefully some luck falls the way for Lance
I’ll be watching every week regardless

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great post burner. No doubt it’s tough to recruit coming up to premier, gotta feel for Lance the gap is so big that players will be reluctant to join a club that are not going to get close to the finals. Players want success it’s natural. Keilor and Abers GF for the next 5 years. With the strongest juniors the points system is only going to make those 2 in particular, plus a couple others distance themselves further from those 5-6 clubs making up the numbers in premier. It really is a boring comp and it’s pretty clear the interest in it has dropped off in recent years. Div 1 is the best and most interesting division for a reason.

People are discounting Strathmore a little too much for my liking,
They lost a prelim by 3 points playing under a first year coach and should have more room than most to recruit should they wish.
It wouldn't surprise me at all should they play off in the 2020 Grand Final.
Spot on BJ. I know junior success doesn’t automatically translate into senior premierships, but it would seem with the points system the future should be pretty bright for the Mores. They won flags in under 11, 13 and 17, and lost by less than a kick in the under 15’s. They also headed the ladder in the under 19’s, before being knocked out in the Prelim final, with 6 players unavailable due to playing in the senior team on the same day.

Strathmore definitely need to bolster the senior team with a few quality recruits. There is room to do this considering they generally played at around 35 points last season. That’s now the equivalent of about 30 points when 4-5 players drop a point for next season. Keilor are the standouts for 2020, but Abers are gettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back