EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately there will be no season for EDFL, WRFL, NFNL, EFL.

Why do people keep saying players will play for nothing. Even if you got 9 games in there is still a salary cap to work to so players will be paid. Oh and if you believe the clubs saying players will play for free you are kidding yourselves. The stars of this competition would get a one off payment ( let’s say sign on) which will cover there payments outside the cap.
If anyone thinks the top echelon of players at premier (and a couple of div1 clubs) will play 9 games for no match payments your delusional..
Love of the jumper hey Turbo...... happy to send clubs to the wall and close forever just to make sure "the stars" of paddock football get a few quid? Mindless short sightedness from egotistical neanderthals see you all in 2021

Donald D

Fantastic for you all if it gets there, especially your respective committee’s, volunteers and Covid19 Officers too as you’d be rooted without them.

So would it roughly be ... 8-9 rounds plus finals?
Aiming to wrap up 2nd/3rd Satdy In October yeh?

Assuming league fees be then roughly half what ya’s normally pay?
No mate, full league fees must be paid if season gets underway. If called off after 1 game no refunds..This is non negotiable buddy.

Don’t think council will pay for the fence round the ground. It will be on the clubs as they rent the ground.
Happened few years ago at Doyle st with Avondale heights Soccer club. Council approved a fence around the ground but club had to pay for it. But can’t see AFL vic or government will mandate that grounds be fenced off.
The word is they must be fenced in to control numbers under the covid 19 restrictions.

No mate, full league fees must be paid if season gets underway. If called off after 1 game no refunds..This is non negotiable buddy.

WTF? Surely it’s a user pays world now?

Full whack for what would be a watered down product seems odd ... any wonder some are iffy even if some form of football is offered across 8-12 weekends

Last edited:
Now your pulling my leg. The reason for this is Strathmore FC (like a few others) are not keen to play this season.

Not sure why the ongoing angst against Strathmore Turbos mail? Not a fan of the dims sims maybe?

I can assure you that Strathmore are extremely keen to play and build on last season with even more local kids coming through the ranks. Bring it on!

Strathmore are broke

Broke? More unsubstantiated rubbish (or wishful thinking). SFC turned another profit last year, as they have every year in recent memory. With a number of great sponsors recommitting for 2020 plus (obviously) fewer outgoings, the club is in a great position and hopeful of a restart. Sorry to disappoint you "Donald D" but Strathmore Football Club is going to be around for a long, long time yet.

Last edited:
Not sure why the ongoing angst against Strathmore Turbos mail? Not a fan of the dims sims maybe?

I can assure you that Strathmore are extremely keen to play and build on last season with even more local kids coming through the ranks. Bring it on!

Broke? More unsubstantiated rubbish (or wishful thinking). SFC turned another profit last year, as they have every year in recent memory. With a number of great sponsors recommitting for 2020 plus (obviously) fewer outgoings, the club is in a great position and hopeful of a restart. Sorry to disappoint you "Donald D" but Strathmore Football Club is going to be around for a long, long time yet.
[/QUOTE]
Star, you have to wonder where these turkeys get their information from. I know nothing much has been happening on the football front, and people have got too much idle time on their hands, but to just blatantly post straight out bull..it defies logic.

I had started to think Turbo had turned over a new leaf lately, and reined in his exaggerations. Alas, it would seem I’m sadly mistaken.

Star, you have to wonder where these turkeys get their information from. I know nothing much has been happening on the football front, and people have got too much idle time on their hands, but to just blatantly post straight out bull..it defies logic.

I had started to think Turbo had turned over a new leaf lately, and reined in his exaggerations. Alas, it would seem I’m sadly mistaken.

I'm very proud of how hard the club has worked in the past decade. They were already one of the biggest and most successful but the investment in the junior program will now start paying dividends with players developed for higher honours if not at AFL or State League level, then for SFC. And we have a coach that will play them. Exciting times ahead.

Would like to see where the angst is. I just replied to your post on all Strathmore players will play 2020 for free. Plus I said they are not the only club.
Can assure you Strathmore (like a few other clubs) would prefer to not play this season due to covid19. You do know they will have to fence off the ground yeah.

[/QUOTE]

where did I actually criticise Strathmore outright in an offensive way Star!! Please post it!

Would like to see where the angst is. I just replied to your post on all Strathmore players will play 2020 for free. Plus I said they are not the only club.
Can assure you Strathmore (like a few other clubs) would prefer to not play this season due to covid19. You do know they will have to fence off the ground yeah.

Fantastic for you all if it gets there, especially your respective committee’s, volunteers and Covid19 Officers too as you’d be rooted without them.

So would it roughly be ... 8-9 rounds plus finals?
Aiming to wrap up 2nd/3rd Satdy In October yeh?

Assuming league fees be then roughly half what ya’s normally pay?

Doona2 it would be a significant risk if clubs were asked to pay pro-rata affiliation fees. Every year leagues report on significant money in the bank in their annual report. Given the unique situation we are all in it would make sense for the league to draw out funds to supplement the clubs I think for the 2020 season.

Doona2 it would be a significant risk if clubs were asked to pay pro-rata affiliation fees. Every year leagues report on significant money in the bank in their annual report. Given the unique situation we are all in it would make sense for the league to draw out funds to supplement the clubs I think for the 2020 season.
I get that, was more wondering after Turbo’s post about club paying full fees for potentially half a season

I get that, was more wondering after Turbo’s post about club paying full fees for potentially half a season
Ridiculous comment suggesting clubs will have to fork out full fees. Ask your league for a break down of the fees and see what they are scrapping in the way of functions, presentation nights etc and other non essential costs. They will be significantly reduced with the plan to allow clubs to them over an extended period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous comment suggesting clubs will have to fork out full fees. Ask your league for a break down of the fees and see what they are scrapping in the way of functions, presentation nights etc and other non essential costs. They will be significantly reduced with the plan to allow clubs to them over an extended period.
You might need to ask the Presidents and they will tell you. Basically they have been working at headquarters during this time and only if the season is cancelled means no affiliation fees as no games. Otherwise payment in FULL.

You might need to ask the Presidents and they will tell you. Basically they have been working at headquarters during this time and only if the season is cancelled means no affiliation fees as no games. Otherwise payment in FULL.
That is fear mongering and extreme mayo. Northern Footy League and AFLOuter Easy have said they are actively working to reduce affiliation fees to a much more affordable scenario that discounts things that are not essential like presentation nights umpiring costs and social functions. If your club doesnt want to play that is fine.

Turbo they have been working part time, some only two days per week.
Like other businesses cash flow is non existent, expenses incurred such as all the footballs ordered and paid for.
I think reduced fees, dependent on how they are worked out, would be welcomed by clubs especially if not required to pay players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like other businesses cash flow is non existent, expenses incurred such as all the footballs ordered and paid for.
I think reduced fees, dependent on how they are worked out, would be welcomed by clubs especially if not required to pay players.

I’m not saying it’s right but it’s what I’ve been told by clubs. Season gets underway you pay FULL affiliation fees. No if and butts or what might seem fair. I’m only telling you the facts mate.

Do you honestly think ALL players will be playing for no payments! You must be kidding..Once again this is the EDFL and one of the leagues who attributed to these high player payments being introduced.. You make your bed you lay on it..

You do realise that the home
Club supply the footballs and not the league. The only thing the league pays is for the umpires and the staff members.

where did I actually criticise Strathmore outright in an offensive way Star!! Please post it!

Where did I say you "actually criticise Strathmore outright in an offensive way"

I just replied to your post on all Strathmore players will play 2020 for free

Again, I posted no such thing.

Would like to see where the angst is

"Now your pulling my leg. The reason for this is Strathmore FC (like a few others) are not keen to play this season"

You do know they will have to fence off the ground yeah.

No, I do not. And neither do you.

I’m not saying it’s right but it’s what I’ve been told by clubs. Season gets underway you pay FULL affiliation fees. No if and butts or what might seem fair. I’m only telling you the facts mate.

Do you honestly think ALL players will be playing for no payments! You must be kidding..Once again this is the EDFL and one of the leagues who attributed to these high player payments being introduced.. You make your bed you lay on it..

This from Hedgefund over on the VAFA page. Its funny cos its true

[/QUOTE] If you think the VAFA will reduce affiliation fees to 25%......I want a bit of what you’re smoking.

Coaches not asking to be paid? Pass the billy over again thanks.

Local councils reducing fees? Who is ordering the pizza?

Apathy amongst latent volunteer dissipating? Okay, stop it now, the room is spinning and I need to go outside.....

I didn’t say it was impossible, but now you put it that way, maybe it is. [/QUOTE]

Where did I say you "actually criticise Strathmore outright in an offensive way"

Again, I posted no such thing.

"Now your pulling my leg. The reason for this is Strathmore FC (like a few others) are not keen to play this season"

No, I do not. And neither do you.
Oh I do apologise as it was that bloody zinger burger that said that quote about Strathmore and I replied.

I’m not criticising Strathmore for there views/stance on season 2020. Actually support them as do most of the bigger clubs. That’s fact Star. Yes they will play if the league decides to play but there preference is to let this season slide.

The fence topic you best call there president as it’s true if the season goes ahead with crowd restrictions. It’s the only way to police numbers mate..

Have you seen the junior footy statement.
Only 1 parent per player can attend the game
Must sit in your car.
No huddles.

Seroiusly who is making these stupid rules. Fair dinkum joke.. Season won’t proceed with these restrictions.

Oh I do apologise as it was that bloody zinger burger that said that quote about Strathmore and I replied.

I’m not criticising Strathmore for there views/stance on season 2020. Actually support them as do most of the bigger clubs. That’s fact Star. Yes they will play if the league decides to play but there preference is to let this season slide.

The fence topic you best call there president as it’s true if the season goes ahead with crowd restrictions. It’s the only way to police numbers mate..

Have you seen the junior footy statement.
Only 1 parent per player can attend the game
Must sit in your car.
No huddles.

Seroiusly who is making these stupid rules. Fair dinkum joke.. Season won’t proceed with these restrictions.

SA has approved for the return of contract sport competition from June 25

Vic looks to be 2-3 weeks behind most of the other states so early-mid July a chance. Great opportunity for clubs to try something different tactically or push up a few players if the regulars are unable to commit due to work or health concerns

Vic looks to be 2-3 weeks behind most of the other states so early-mid July a chance. Great opportunity for clubs to try something different tactically or push up a few players if the regulars are unable to commit due to work or health concerns
I think the decision was always going to be around the “possibility” of starting in mid July as anytime after that it’s to late as need to play minimum half season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back