Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely it’s time to pull the pin on junior EDFL footy now.

Victoria has reported 108 new cases of coronavirus in the state today.

Two more post codes and 9 high rise public housing blocks locked down as of now.

I just don’t understand why we are playing with fire on this in society.

For anyone that thinks this isn’t serious and starting to effect younger people if community transmissions get out of control just watch the CNN video below.

Whats the risk reward equation here?

For the risk watch this recent CNN video about what’s happening in Texas right now and for the reward of pushing ahead with a part junior season I would love someone to make a case for enough reward that reasonably justifies the risk?

This is so silly. Let’s just prioritise our work income and family’s health until we get on top of this.

This is even more scary approx 10,000 people have refused testing lots in the north west.

Vic Heath Minister:
“It is concerning that the reports that I have received are that some people believe that coronavirus is a conspiracy or that it won’t impact on them.”

One such conspiracy theory claims nasal swabs are being used to implant microchips.

At age 41.

He had suffered severe medical complications after contracting the coronavirus.

The performer entered the emergency room on March 30 and suffered a succession of health setbacks, including mini-strokes, blood clots and septic infections.

He underwent a tracheostomy and had a temporary pacemaker implanted.

Cordero had been on a ventilator and had his right leg amputated.

And we are thinking about playing local footy in any form.?

Last edited:

Survey

All Australian
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well that's a constructive answer, why is it wrong?
And I'll follow up , I believe there is this mis-conception that some clubs(Abers,Keilor & Smore) have better people than everyone else. This is based on their juniors win more than the other clubs.. Believe me that could not be further from the truth so the comment made and my response of a simple "wrong" is more than justified

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clubs do that to try and grow there membership internationally. Cox wouldn’t get a kick in the EDFL. It would be too tough for him. The bloke is 211cms and can’t mark above his head. The only good thing is Collingwood play with 21 every time he plays.
Good article in the Herald Sun today Horse after Cox 2 disposal game.

Collingwood forward Mason Cox had just two touches on Friday night in what one champion has labelled a ‘strange’ selection decision. But another former star has backed Cox to bounce back.

Ben Dixon, Bob Murphy and Dwayne Russell have their 50 cents the end round up was don’t play him in the wet but yes if dry to stretch sides and he needs perfect delivery.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone find it strange that with so much talk that all clubs needed to enter their interest into juniors by last Friday , why hasnt the EDFL ,given the clubs any direction of which way this season will now go.
Also , if half of the clubs have decided to extract their juniors , how can the EDFL use monies from the coffers to administer a Mickey Mouse season that all clubs will not compete in and have ownership of the monies in the bank .
Would the EDFL ask all the clubs that still want to compete to fund the administration of that competition themselves ?

Nov 13, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Good article in the Herald Sun today Horse after Cox 2 disposal game.

Collingwood forward Mason Cox had just two touches on Friday night in what one champion has labelled a ‘strange’ selection decision. But another former star has backed Cox to bounce back.

Ben Dixon, Bob Murphy and Dwayne Russell have their 50 cents the end round up was don’t play him in the wet but yes if dry to stretch sides and he needs perfect delivery.
Roast Mason Cox experiment is over - is the forum for this banter. Also, I assume since all states have had covid cases they will also have cancelled community sport b/c of the spectre of potential new cases. Does anyone know if this happened? Recall EDFL announced a return to play when our cases were very low when there was weeks to go. In our state the situation turned to poo, and the correct decision to call the season was made in the end. If this is the potential for other states I can only assume Cheap is potting sport in those other places.

torpfrom50

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond Football Club
Does anyone find it strange that with so much talk that all clubs needed to enter their interest into juniors by last Friday , why hasnt the EDFL ,given the clubs any direction of which way this season will now go.
Also , if half of the clubs have decided to extract their juniors , how can the EDFL use monies from the coffers to administer a Mickey Mouse season that all clubs will not compete in and have ownership of the monies in the bank .
Would the EDFL ask all the clubs that still want to compete to fund the administration of that competition themselves ?
Yes it is definately strange- the silence, I am starting to think EDFL desperate to hang on until its taken from them

Answer on funding is NO.

I am not sure on junior program intent, funding or cost being proposed.

However if the EDFL continue with the original senior intent signifcant assistance will be provided for 2020 and 2021 financialy for the club who dont pull teams.

Last edited:

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roast Mason Cox experiment is over - is the forum for this banter. Also, I assume since all states have had covid cases they will also have cancelled community sport b/c of the spectre of potential new cases. Does anyone know if this happened? Recall EDFL announced a return to play when our cases were very low when there was weeks to go. In our state the situation turned to poo, and the correct decision to call the season was made in the end. If this is the potential for other states I can only assume Cheap is potting sport in those other places.
I read your post 3 times Colonel but I couldn’t quite catch your drift? I’ve contracted a translator to see if she can decode it for me. Once I get the translation I will respond accordingly 🤣👍

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Victorian Community Sport Cancelled

Too Little Too Late

Let the lunatics run the asylum AKA Colonel and this is what you get. This virus isn’t serious, we have no cases, let’s stop this bullshit get sport going it’s all an over reaction.... Muppets

This will cost Victorians billions of dollars and families who own small businesses their livelihoods.

We should have all been grateful to be able to go to work to earn a living, let small businesses open like restaurants and let our kids go to school.

We got greedy and stuffed it up.

Keep up the good work Captain Corona Cup Colonel 👍

Last edited:

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Greenvale's website is down it's been Corona ed' by parents looking for their junior subs back!

P.S Bruce Kent posted the below on the 5th of July with details about what the EDFL Board was likely to do regards a possible deferred start date of the 9th of August 2020 for the Junior Competition.

Curious that the EDFL didn't make this public or email any communications about this to the club presidents? Is anyone catching on here about who is pulling the strings, when Bruce Kent is making calls about what the EDFL Board is going to decide before it has? Farcical

UPDATE - Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Message from the President.

The Greenvale Football Club expects the EDFL to make a decision over the next few days about the 2020 Junior Competitions.

It will presumably be to either cancel the competitions completely or to defer the start and to commence on Sunday, 9th August 2020 - if it is safe to do so. The Western Region Football League has announced that its Junior competition will start on this date.
The Club will provide an update over the next few days.
In the meantime, the Club has cancelled all training until the situation becomes clearer. Although Greenvale is not in a hot spot, a number of our players and coaches are in lockdown and are therefore unable to coach or train until Tuesday, 28th July 2020.
Regards,
Bruce Kent
President

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
7 week season commencing Aug 23
Surely now there is no senior footy then we don’t go into Oct cricket season putting back season 2021. Unless there are grounds that have no cricket that can host finals in Oct otherwise just cancel the juniors. I do understand the reasoning behind keeping a season “open” for the junior fitness benefits and to keep these kids away from other sports but common sense will tell you season done.

Now who has driven past sports grounds and see soccer is still training on grounds with very little social distancing. Surely that’s attributed to this lockdown we are all headed for.

Jett

Debutant
Jan 23, 2006
G'vale
Greenvale's website is down it's been Corona ed' by parents looking for their junior subs back!

P.S Bruce Kent posted the below on the 5th of July with details about what the EDFL Board was likely to do regards a possible deferred start date of the 9th of August 2020 for the Junior Competition.

Curious that the EDFL didn't make this public or email any communications about this to the club presidents? Is anyone catching on here about who is pulling the strings, when Bruce Kent is making calls about what the EDFL Board is going to decide before it has? Farcical

UPDATE - Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Message from the President.

The Greenvale Football Club expects the EDFL to make a decision over the next few days about the 2020 Junior Competitions.

It will presumably be to either cancel the competitions completely or to defer the start and to commence on Sunday, 9th August 2020 - if it is safe to do so. The Western Region Football League has announced that its Junior competition will start on this date.
The Club will provide an update over the next few days.
In the meantime, the Club has cancelled all training until the situation becomes clearer. Although Greenvale is not in a hot spot, a number of our players and coaches are in lockdown and are therefore unable to coach or train until Tuesday, 28th July 2020.
Regards,
Bruce Kent
President
The Pascoe Vale football club is stooping to head shaking new lows. Embarrassing and sustained mud slinging from a bloke Who’s a club representative. Oh wait you’re just an anonymous fan that’s posting 10 times a day on a Forum about playing “Football”.

Last edited:

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Pascoe Vale football club is stooping to head shaking new lows. Embarrassing and sustained mud slinging from a bloke Who’s a club representative. Oh wait you’re just an anonymous fan that’s posting 10 times a day on a Forum about playing “Football”.

Last edited:

torpfrom50

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond Football Club
Surely now there is no senior footy then we don’t go into Oct cricket season putting back season 2021. Unless there are grounds that have no cricket that can host finals in Oct otherwise just cancel the juniors. I do understand the reasoning behind keeping a season “open” for the junior fitness benefits and to keep these kids away from other sports but common sense will tell you season done.

Now who has driven past sports grounds and see soccer is still training on grounds with very little social distancing. Surely that’s attributed to this lockdown we are all headed for.
Pacco dont have to worry about it

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In fairness to the EDFL, a lot of other leagues and some clubs are still keen for Juniors and they are still not willing to cancel the Junior season even after the Victorian 6 week Lockdown was announced.

RDFL have cancelled and lots of clubs have cancelled and I know my kid's club cancelled today but many are hanging on.

It's tough because Junior rego fees are the largest revenue line for a lot of clubs especially clubs with strong junior programs and those clubs will be pressuring their leagues in the background to keep Juniors alive. It's been a real eye-opener just how money and self-interest is a very powerful driver even in not for profit community sport.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 11.10.05 am.png

The league will wait for feedback from clubs before making a final decision on the season.

“The Northern Football Netball League has delayed the proposed start date of its junior football and senior netball competitions following (Tuesday’s) announcement from the state

Last edited:

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pacco dont have to worry about it

Not sure what Pacco have to do with my comment but in response it seems Pacco have jumped on the front foot early and made a call which at this point looks to be a good call as honestly can’t see a junior season kicking off. Making an early call (rightly or wrongly) is a good commercial decision to reset and solely focus your energy on season 2021. Plus putting health and safety of the players first.
For those clubs still waiting on a league decision I also understand there views as kids just want to play footy with mates so withdrawing early might not be beneficial and I guess they are just following guidelines and showing support for the league.
I guess clubs running surveys are ultimately supporting members views.

I know you (and Jett) have a love hate relationship with Cheapseat however has he ever stated he follows Pacco????

torpfrom50

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond Football Club
Not sure what Pacco have to do with my comment but in response it seems Pacco have jumped on the front foot early and made a call which at this point looks to be a good call as honestly can’t see a junior season kicking off. Making an early call (rightly or wrongly) is a good commercial decision to reset and solely focus your energy on season 2021. Plus putting health and safety of the players first.
For those clubs still waiting on a league decision I also understand there views as kids just want to play footy with mates so withdrawing early might not be beneficial and I guess they are just following guidelines and showing support for the league.
I guess clubs running surveys are ultimately supporting members views.

I know you (and Jett) have a love hate relationship with Cheapseat however has he ever stated he follows Pacco????
I have no clue who Cheapseat supports is on the committee of etc

You said Surely now there is no senior footy then we don’t go into Oct cricket season putting back season 2021 and my response was Pacco wont have to worry about it

torpfrom50

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond Football Club
In fairness to the EDFL, a lot of other leagues and some clubs are still keen for Juniors and they are still not willing to cancel the Junior season even after the Victorian 6 week Lockdown was announced.

RDFL have cancelled and lots of clubs have cancelled and I know my kid's club cancelled today but many are hanging on.

It's tough because Junior rego fees are the largest revenue line for a lot of clubs especially clubs with strong junior programs and those clubs will be pressuring their leagues in the background to keep Juniors alive. It's been a real eye-opener just how money and self-interest is a very powerful driver even in not for profit community sport.

View attachment 908168
The league will wait for feedback from clubs before making a final decision on the season.

“The Northern Football Netball League has delayed the proposed start date of its junior football and senior netball competitions following (Tuesday’s) announcement from the state
Call BS on this Cheap.
If it wasnt safe for senior football and you are well aware i wanted a season (well before this latest outbreak i did)
Then it isnt safe for Junior football - full stop
If clubs are NOT willing to cancel due to junior membership fees get the hell out of that club

Cheapseat

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Call BS on this Cheap.
If it wasnt safe for senior football and you are well aware i wanted a season (well before this latest outbreak i did)
Then it isnt safe for Junior football - full stop
If clubs are NOT willing to cancel due to junior membership fees get the hell out of that club
Torp, I get it and personally agree with you I was trying to bring a balanced view to the situation and spell out what I think is driving these decisions at leagues and clubs.

Obviously some local footy clubs as part of their normal business practice have spent some of the Junior 2020 rego fees they collected and giving it back will be painful. I get it running local footy clubs is hard especially financially and who would have known something like this would have come along and caused the music to stop, if this didn't happen it wouldn't have mattered that a local club had expended some of it's 2020 junior rego fees as it was just the way they managed their cash flow and working capital, there is nothing immoral or unethical about that it's just some clubs got used to running their clubs that way.

BUT this once in a 100-year event has stopped the music and some clubs can't find a chair it's not their fault per se but it might cause clubs to reconsider their reliance on Junior rego fees and not rely on them for working capital requirements for the previous operating year is all.

Strathmore came out today, a great club, very well run by John probably the leagues sharpest administrator and arguably the bluest ribbon elite club in the EDFL (toss-up with Keilor) hence why lots of parents take their kids there ;), released this statement today to members and parents about fees. They are politely saying if you don't let us keep your money we will charge you more next year and your kids might not get a spot the old Matty Lloyd velvet sledgehammer tactic. They aren't alone though look at the airline refund debacle the airlines are doing everything possible to not refund or offer future vouchers etc.. its a mess all around. Also, Strathmore they do offer hardship payments to people who reach out which would be humiliating but at least the offer is there. John is a shrewd hardnosed street smart businessman and he is just protecting his clubs cashflow and he would probably say making sure Strathmore can run a great Junior program that our kids will benefit from in 2021. From a parents perspective, I can see both sides.

Our preference is for all paid memberships to be rolled over to 2021. This will save an excruciating administrative process and also save you money (any admin fees and increases next year). It will also guarantee your spot. Once again, anyone experiencing financial hardship is invited to contact us for an immediate refund. Anyone unsure about whether they will play next year or not can still be refunded in 2021 if they choose not to play.

The 2020 Club Raffle will go ahead, age group co-ordinators will be in touch with your tickets which, as ever, can be on-sold.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 11.21.39 am.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Strathmore came out today, a great club, very well run by John probably the leagues sharpest administrator and arguably the bluest ribbon elite club in the EDFL (toss-up with Keilor) hence why lots of parents take their kids there ;), released this statement today to members and parents about fees. They are politely saying if you don't let us keep your money we will charge you more next year and your kids might not get a spot the old Matty Lloyd velvet sledgehammer tactic. They aren't alone though look at the airline refund debacle the airlines are doing everything possible to not refund or offer future vouchers etc.. its a mess all around. Also, Strathmore they do offer hardship payments to people who reach out which would be humiliating but at least the offer is there. John is a shrewd hardnosed street smart businessman and he is just protecting his clubs cashflow and he would probably say making sure Strathmore can run a great Junior program that our kids will benefit from in 2021. From a parents perspective, I can see both sides.

Those words look familiar :)

There is nothing sinister in the SFC statement and the aim was to be completely transparent. Having a volunteer manually refund memberships is a pain. What we have asked is people 'let it ride' for next season (as other clubs have requested also FYI). The SportsTG 'administration fee (around 3.9% from memory) alone is worth $20+ in saving. We've also intimated that fees will potentially go up - hardly earth shattering in this economy. Finally, SFC is maxed out at a couple of age groups so yes, the family is essentially guaranteeing their 2021 spot. There is even the option to get a refund next year if they change their mind.

I look forward to your critiquing of the other 31 EDFL Club Membership refund scenarios. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back