EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump onto the VGLR and search for any clubs liquor licence

You’ll find that it is a condition of the Licence that they do not sell alcohol during junior football games

Pretty simple

dc5fe7146e246c77bb7b1ab2116636a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The problem is that only relates to Saturday and Sunday. Doesn’t mention Friday nights so they using that loop hole I assume. I just think EDFL should say that no alcohol to be sold at any venue where under age football is on. That would stop this loop hole. recently been to a few VAFA games and it’s much better atmosphere at the footy. No drinking and no drinking idiots trying to be hero’s in the crowd yelling abuse.

The problem is that only relates to Saturday and Sunday. Doesn’t mention Friday nights so they using that loop hole I assume. I just think EDFL should say that no alcohol to be sold at any venue where under age football is on. That would stop this loop hole. recently been to a few VAFA games and it’s much better atmosphere at the footy. No drinking and no drinking idiots trying to be hero’s in the crowd yelling abuse.

No loop hole read the sentence it states
Notwithstanding the times stated above
No sale of alcohol to occur at an underage within the EDFL game until 12pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday

why ask people? why not advertise and look for a good candidate, there choice is really hurting the league

I’ve been saying this for a while
There is no governance at HQ

Failure to advertise the position is a systemic governance oversight issue even if it was initially an interim appt, it had to be advertised externally

why ask people? why not advertise and look for a good candidate, there choice is really hurting the league

The person asked had extensive football league knowledge, 15 years playing, 20 years club administration, on top of their daily work where they managed a global operation. Children played in the EDFL. Extremely well connected, especially locally and highly respected. I could go on.

I’ve been saying this for a while
There is no governance at HQ

Failure to advertise the position is a systemic governance oversight issue even if it was initially an interim appt, it had to be advertised externally

Ironically, his questioning of HQ governance numerous times over the years would suggest that he has more integrity than that place has ever seen.

Why is it that the umpires were asked to take a pay cut yet the CEO never took a hit, the board members never copped it either (paid positions from what I understand).

He’s certainly a good player and can win games of his own boot but Pascoe vale didn’t want him due to his mental space and how he can go from being all good to cracking it and disappear. I’m pretty sure the leadership group at PV said no too him , he would have come back for a 3rd time.

I was having a beer with paddy v when morgs from pascoe Vale called paddy at 9pm asking him to come play, offering him what he wanted. So that's not true at all as Paddy had committed to keilor already. Keilor was always his first choice as he wanted to play under mick. Maybe pascoe vale are salty but paddy said he was on good terms with them just really wanted to play with mick......

I was having a beer with paddy v when morgs from pascoe Vale called paddy at 9pm asking him to come play, offering him what he wanted. So that's not true at all as Paddy had committed to keilor already. Keilor was always his first choice as he wanted to play under mick. Maybe pascoe vale are salty but paddy said he was on good terms with them just really wanted to play with mick......
Well said mate and all true. Veszpremi doesn’t have an issue with Pacco nor do Pacco have an issue with Veszpremi. It’s true he had agreed to play at Keilor prior to Pacco contacting him and he wanted to play with Mick and obviously the best team in the comp did help. Veszpremi although fit and flying (and probably seems younger) is in his 30s and looking for some success and thought Keilor would be a good fit to finish his footy at. Hopefully he can stay free of injuries as his a matchwinner.

I see Gourdis resumed in the Keilor reserves. Wow a huge in when his ready.

On Pacco they seemed to be going better than previous years. There reserves have been poor over recent seasons however are doing well this year. That’s a good sign for the club however no 18.5s is definitely a concern. But I do hear there junior programs from 16s down are going better than previous years so that’s great to see.

Now onto another topic being Water Person wearing the green bibs. Why isn’t there any rules, guidelines or training for this role?? These water people are on the field a lot yet no restrictions about does this role. Especially in junior footy I think it’s becoming an issue.

Junior club runners still seem loitering on the ground far to long. Why do these dick&&&&& continue to get away with it. If you want to coach then become a coach! Otherwise stay off the ground unless it’s a message your delivering. It’s a wonder parents become irate.
Why doesn’t the league put out a statement to say any breaches will see a free kick paid in the goal square, runner carded and cannot be replaced, runner suspended from any capacity for 2 years, club fine.. EDFL stand up and you play a role in why incidents happen as you are spineless to take action.
Yes under 10 kids need more guidance but not under 12s, 14s, 16s. Let the kids play and learn. To many idiots out there only to win and will do whatever they can to assist in winning. Sooner or later a runner will cop an irate parent confronting them and it will be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check this vision out from the weekend that someone sent me from YouTube. It’s now acceptable to bump players in the head? WTF is going on! No free kick, play on.
Its clearly a free kick and should be reportable and suspended. Could do serious damage to someone and a reason there is a decline in numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_8587.mov
    1.4 MB
He’s certainly a good player and can win games of his own boot but Pascoe vale didn’t want him due to his mental space and how he can go from being all good to cracking it and disappear. I’m pretty sure the leadership group at PV said no too him , he would have come back for a 3rd time.

I hear it's Mrs Paddy that's the problem.

Just watching the news and big emphasis on concussion and head knocks. Clubs going through concussion meetings. SO WHY don’t umpires understand to protect players heads and protect the ball player? The video I sent is pretty damming and shows a player clearly not going the ball and making head high contact yet no free and the player is not reported. So hey it’s fine just keeping doing it..
Disgraceful and sickening for the majority of parents to see.

On another subject I think it’s great young kids are umpiring and some umpiring actually play in older junior sides. However what can occur is if these umpires don’t like clubs due to a past experience it does affect there umpiring.

I also have been sent sone vision of a certain clubs runner in junior footy staying on the oval directing players on where to kick and where to run. What an abuse of duties. To me that person should be suspended for min 12 months. Let’s set some standards in this league. Make a video with this and send to all clubs of what is NOT acceptable nor tolerated.

Just watching the news and big emphasis on concussion and head knocks. Clubs going through concussion meetings. SO WHY don’t umpires understand to protect players heads and protect the ball player? The video I sent is pretty damming and shows a player clearly not going the ball and making head high contact yet no free and the player is not reported. So hey it’s fine just keeping doing it..
Disgraceful and sickening for the majority of parents to see.

On another subject I think it’s great young kids are umpiring and some umpiring actually play in older junior sides. However what can occur is if these umpires don’t like clubs due to a past experience it does affect there umpiring.

I also have been sent sone vision of a certain clubs runner in junior footy staying on the oval directing players on where to kick and where to run. What an abuse of duties. To me that person should be suspended for min 12 months. Let’s set some standards in this league. Make a video with this and send to all clubs of what is NOT acceptable nor tolerated.
Turbo, firstly I like what your saying but... we are lucky to get umpires this year, let alone ones that have some experience, most are 1st or 2nd year juniors around the age of 13-15, who lack coaching and development, whilst they are out there trying, they lack "how to umpire". So lots of frees do get missed and not many will report either.
yes umpires hold grudges against side I have seen it and heard it, even worse is some kids actually get to umpire their clubs they play at or family is involved at, and that is a bigger concern, but always happens
Runners on the ground... kid umpires are nervous enough about umpiring, how they going to go telling an adult to leave the ground!! runners will try and get away with as much as possible and im sure I have hung around on the ground as a runner in the past. re kids umpiring its great to see they are out there trying to enjoy it, but to umpire and worry about runners on the ground is probably at the back of their minds as something of little relevance, trying to get the decisions right and not upset teams/crowds is all they are worried about.

Turbo, firstly I like what your saying but... we are lucky to get umpires this year, let alone ones that have some experience, most are 1st or 2nd year juniors around the age of 13-15, who lack coaching and development, whilst they are out there trying, they lack "how to umpire". So lots of frees do get missed and not many will report either.
yes umpires hold grudges against side I have seen it and heard it, even worse is some kids actually get to umpire their clubs they play at or family is involved at, and that is a bigger concern, but always happens
Runners on the ground... kid umpires are nervous enough about umpiring, how they going to go telling an adult to leave the ground!! runners will try and get away with as much as possible and im sure I have hung around on the ground as a runner in the past. re kids umpiring its great to see they are out there trying to enjoy it, but to umpire and worry about runners on the ground is probably at the back of their minds as something of little relevance, trying to get the decisions right and not upset teams/crowds is all they are worried about.
I agree with you here so why don’t the league send everyone a reminder and threaten harsh penalties for any breaches. I’m sure clubs will toe the line rather than risk suspension, fines etc. Here is some vision of a runner with no interest in preforming the job correctly just out there to abuse the privilege. It’s called CHEATING and stop be stamped out and to me this runner SHOULD be suspended for a long time. Following the comment from the person on the video he leaves the ground only to run over to the adults drinking beer and they joke about it. It’s junior footy and it’s embrassing for this club who supposely think they are one of the better clubs. I guess they got away with things in the past and the league does nothing about it.

I agree with you here so why don’t the league send everyone a reminder and threaten harsh penalties for any breaches. I’m sure clubs will toe the line rather than risk suspension, fines etc. Here is some vision of a runner with no interest in preforming the job correctly just out there to abuse the privilege. It’s called CHEATING and stop be stamped out and to me this runner SHOULD be suspended for a long time. Following the comment from the person on the video he leaves the ground only to run over to the adults drinking beer and they joke about it. It’s junior footy and it’s embrassing for this club who supposely think they are one of the better clubs. I guess they got away with things in the past and the league does nothing about it.
send the vision Turbo

send the vision Turbo
Tried to mate but it’s to large and won’t upload. Was on the ground for over a minute just standing there in play coaching. And it was division 1 footy. Surely they don’t need on ground coaching at that level of junior footy. Pure and simple cheating..

Tried to mate but it’s to large and won’t upload. Was on the ground for over a minute just standing there in play coaching. And it was division 1 footy. Surely they don’t need on ground coaching at that level of junior footy. Pure and simple cheating..
Agreed

Youtube it Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back