EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see an organised league, the EDFL wouldn't think of something like that to keep everyone involved informed....
Let just hope they see it, and now copy such a bright idea!

Maybe Mr CEO is to busy pointing fingers at councils, clubs and parents in the media to focus on getting this information out..

First point of call was to call out the council for wanting their grounds back - which was rebuffed by the council; and now he is finger pointing at the parents who want their children to be able to play finals by claiming they’re living vicariously through their children 🤦‍♂️

Maybe Mr CEO is to busy pointing fingers at councils, clubs and parents in the media to focus on getting this information out..

First point of call was to call out the council for wanting their grounds back - which was rebuffed by the council; and now he is finger pointing at the parents who want their children to be able to play finals by claiming they’re living vicariously through their children 🤦‍♂️
Let’s see how many finals are played on grounds in moonee valley council answer is none. So once again we have a mayor sticking his nose in when he has no idea what his talking about. He should stick to the sport he knows about and leave issue relating to football to people who have an idea.
As I said on the junior page. There is only 1 club complaining maybe 1 side complaining about the junior finals and that’s Marby’s under 12 girls.

I have disagreed with a lot of things that the CEO has done over the past 18-24 months but changing of the finals structure for juniors is I agre with.
Hopefully in the next few days they will release a senior finals structure. But I’m feeling that we either have a 2 week final series or maybe just 1 v 2 GF across all divisions in men’s & women’s comps.

where can I read the CEO’s comments ?

Let’s see how many finals are played on grounds in moonee valley council answer is none. So once again we have a mayor sticking his nose in when he has no idea what his talking about. He should stick to the sport he knows about and leave issue relating to football to people who have an idea.
As I said on the junior page. There is only 1 club complaining maybe 1 side complaining about the junior finals and that’s Marby’s under 12 girls.

I have disagreed with a lot of things that the CEO has done over the past 18-24 months but changing of the finals structure for juniors is I agre with.
Hopefully in the next few days they will release a senior finals structure. But I’m feeling that we either have a 2 week final series or maybe just 1 v 2 GF across all divisions in men’s & women’s comps.
The CEO isn't perfect and I don't agree or like a few things that have happened in his tenure , but on the Marby Park junior parents wanting their girls to play finals , I back him 100%.... Marby Park should be ashamed of themselves, releasing a half accurate story because a Flog Parent wants little Jenny to play finals and claiming the EDFL of sexism as an excuse when in fact that was not the case at all.. Marby Park need to issue a Public apology and be held accountable

The CEO isn't perfect and I don't agree or like a few things that have happened in his tenure , but on the Marby Park junior parents wanting their girls to play finals , I back him 100%.... Marby Park should be ashamed of themselves, releasing a half accurate story because a Flog Parent wants little Jenny to play finals and claiming the EDFL of sexism as an excuse when in fact that was not the case at all.. Marby Park need to issue a Public apology and be held accountable
Would not have occurred under the previous president at MP. 😜

a few staunch Marby people will be embarrassed by this , and rightly so
So if the league decide to start playing finals as soon as we get back , do they go by the ladder after round 9 when everyone had played each other once and if so are all the clubs involved that were in the four financial with the league.
I’m being told a couple of the clubs from Premier, Div 1 and Div 2 who would fall into the finals race may need to get busy with a meat tray or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the league decide to start playing finals as soon as we get back , do they go by the ladder after round 9 when everyone had played each other once and if so are all the clubs involved that were in the four financial with the league.
I’m being told a couple of the clubs from Premier, Div 1 and Div 2 who would fall into the finals race may need to get busy with a meat tray or two.
No its not the final four as at round 9 its the final four at the conclusion of the home and away season which has two rounds remaining after this week, home and away concludes on August 28th

Some Chinese whispers are going around Craigieburn at the moment is that Lance whitnall is not going to be coaching craigieburn next season & the club is trying to get Wallan’s coach for next season .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That does not surprise me as I got told earlier this year that Lance was extremely frustrated that he could not get players he was trying to recruit to commit to the club due to the location as it was just to difficult to get to training

Yesterday the Herald Sun put out A list of the top hundred under 21s in the Metro District Leagues. It’s behind a paywall. Just wondering how many Edfl players made it & which clubs r they from .
Also the answer to the question is :No l don’t want to pay for it

Yesterday the Herald Sun put out A list of the top hundred under 21s in the Metro District Leagues. It’s behind a paywall. Just wondering how many Edfl players made it & which clubs r they from .
Also the answer to the question is :No l don’t want to pay for it

Ak Ty George Abboud, Maribyrnong Park
Dylan Aridas, Greenvale
Brock Chircop, Craigieburn
Jordon Davey, Maribyrnong Park
Zac Di Giuseppe, Moonee Valley
Matt Gaul, Maribyrnong Park
Ned Gentile, Airport West
Will Humphreys, Glenroy
Jason Kenneth, Westmeadows
Daniel Mammoliti, Strathmore
Tim Matson, Tullamarine
Cooper McPharlane, East Sunbury
Cooper Perry, Tullamarine
Bailey Ryan, Hillside
Ibrahim Taha, West Coburg

Poor researching, few guys on that list who are in the 22-23 age bracket.
Ak Ty George Abboud, Maribyrnong Park
Dylan Aridas, Greenvale
Brock Chircop, Craigieburn
Jordon Davey, Maribyrnong Park
Zac Di Giuseppe, Moonee Valley
Matt Gaul, Maribyrnong Park
Ned Gentile, Airport West
Will Humphreys, Glenroy
Jason Kenneth, Westmeadows
Daniel Mammoliti, Strathmore
Tim Matson, Tullamarine
Cooper McPharlane, East Sunbury
Cooper Perry, Tullamarine
Bailey Ryan, Hillside
Ibrahim Taha, West Coburg

Poor researching, few guys on that list who are in the 22-23 age bracket.

I would find that hard to believe, as it would have been the edfl that had given the names to the Herald Sun .
From the boys l know that played with & against my son are:

The two craigieburn boys:
Chircop is 21 , McPharlane is 19 or 20

Greenvales Aridas is 21
Mooneys Di Giuseppe is 21
Airport wests Gentile is 19 or 20
Hillsides Ryan is 20
That’s the ones l know, so l would love to know who’s older than 21??

21 new COVID cases today. Can’t see Metro football resuming until at least the 28th, maybe not at all.Everyone has played each other at least once to date. The fairest decision would be to just award the premiership to whoever is on top of the ladder at the moment. Not even sure who that is. 😂😂

Last edited:
Have to agree. Award a premier, no promotion or relegation. Reload and go again in 22
21 new COVID cases today. Can’t see Metro football resuming on the 28th, maybe even later. Everyone has played each other at least once to date. The fairest decision would be to just award the premiership to whoever is on top of the ladder at the moment. Not even sure who that is. 😂😂

Some exciting news coming out of Douttas with two new appointments. The inner sanctum at Douttas tell me there’s more news to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back