EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find that hard to believe, as it would have been the edfl that had given the names to the Herald Sun .
From the boys l know that played with & against my son are:

The two craigieburn boys:
Chircop is 21 , McPharlane is 19 or 20

Greenvales Aridas is 21
Mooneys Di Giuseppe is 21
Airport wests Gentile is 19 or 20
Hillsides Ryan is 20
That’s the ones l know, so l would love to know who’s older than 21??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Abboud is I'm pretty sure, he was top aged 16s in 2014 so you can do the math and I know that for a fact. The other Marby boys also (unless they always just played up a grade) but I don't think they would of done that every season.

Perry is older too I think but could also be born in 99.

Some exciting news coming out of Douttas with two new appointments. The inner sanctum at Douttas tell me there’s more news to come.

Great to hear...hopefully some good results come from it. The league is crying out for some better rivalries

Great to hear...hopefully some good results come from it. The league is crying out for some better rivalries
Yes, at the moment Premier division is woefully lop sided. The competition is crying out for more clubs to be challenging those at the top of the tree. Would be good to see one of the historically great EDFL powerhouse clubs get back up near the top of the ladder. It’s a long time since EDS have been a genuine contender.

It’s always difficult for clubs to prosper where there is ever changing demographics and an ageing population. Abers however have thrived despite being in the same locale.

Last edited:

Abboud is I'm pretty sure, he was top aged 16s in 2014 so you can do the math and I know that for a fact. The other Marby boys also (unless they always just played up a grade) but I don't think they would of done that every season.

Perry is older too I think but could also be born in 99.
Abboud,Gaul and Davey all top age members of the 2017 under 19 premiership side

Yes, at the moment Premier division is woefully lop sided. The competition is crying out for more clubs to be challenging those at the top of the tree. Would be good to see one of the historically great EDFL powerhouse clubs get back up near the top of the ladder. It’s a long time since EDS have been a genuine contender.

It’s always difficult for clubs to prosper where there is ever changing demographics and an ageing population. Abers however have thrived despite being in the same locale.
What about Marby, 25 years ago on their knees. Little to no juniors and poor culture, their turnaround has been remarkable. I believe EDS problems lie deeper than changing demographics and an ageing population.

What about Marby, 25 years ago on their knees. Little to no juniors and poor culture, their turnaround has been remarkable. I believe EDS problems lie deeper than changing demographics and an ageing population.

Yes, Marby have certainly dragged themselves up from near oblivion, and full credit to them. Been a real transformation. They’re in close proximity to EDS as well. Not sure what the underlying problems are at EDS, but it’s been a long, long time since this once dominant club has contended. Last played in a GF in Premier in 2006, and last Premiership in 1999 in Premier. Any EDS posters who’ve got some ideas where their issues stem from?

Hey Orbit, i am of the understanding that Marby got the right person in the top seat and that person put a committee together that re built the club making sure the entire club was aligned. Also really good governance and putting in place a vision that everyone invested in. Therefore sustained success across juniors & seniors for a long period. Have they won senior flags year on year? No... are they considered successful? IMO yes... Such a tough gig running footy clubs and i respect all people who commit to their clubs especially atm

Donald D

For me, if there are no more games then the current top of the ladder gets the premiership. Bottom team gets relegated.
If lucky it would only be 1 vs 2 in a grand final shootout.

Hey Orbit, i am of the understanding that Marby got the right person in the top seat and that person put a committee together that re built the club making sure the entire club was aligned. Also really good governance and putting in place a vision that everyone invested in. Therefore sustained success across juniors & seniors for a long period. Have they won senior flags year on year? No... are they considered successful? IMO yes... Such a tough gig running footy clubs and i respect all people who commit to their clubs especially atm

Donald D
Agree they got it all sorted at the top but only after GA spent hundreds of thousands of $$$'s to get their B Grade Flag and then spent even more over a 5 year period to get their A Grade Flags ,,, the equation is simple , people will align themselves with success , and that's what GA did , buy them success.... Credit to the good staunch Marby people who worked hard to set the place up to where it is now on the back of winning in A Grade,,,, where would Marby be if GA didn't pump in all that money?

Agree they got it all sorted at the top but only after GA spent hundreds of thousands of $$$'s to get their B Grade Flag and then spent even more over a 5 year period to get their A Grade Flags ,,, the equation is simple , people will align themselves with success , and that's what GA did , buy them success.... Credit to the good staunch Marby people who worked hard to set the place up to where it is now on the back of winning in A Grade,,,, where would Marby be if GA didn't pump in all that money?
don't worry about the money pumped in by GA think more of the debt left in place when GA left ,it took a long time and a lot of hard work to get marby in the black and on their feet again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bloody good question. Credit to the people who sustained the strong legacy left by GA... they could have fallen off the cliff i guess

Donald D

Some exciting news coming out of Douttas with two new appointments. The inner sanctum at Douttas tell me there’s more news to come.

Heard it all before at EDS!!!!! They need to start putting up some results - they’re lucky Craigieburn was competing in Premier Division this season, put it that way!

Heard it all before at EDS!!!!! They need to start putting up some results - they’re lucky Craigieburn was competing in Premier Division this season, put it that way!

Some really positive things happening at the club and a strong direction and focus on recruiting, retention and junior development. Calthorpe, Kolynuik and hopefully a quality u/18 coach all great decisions.
But it’s hard to argue with your point, it has all been heard before and with no results.
it’s probably not a view shared by others at the club but I think it would have been beneficial to go back to B grade and rebuild.

Some really positive things happening at the club and a strong direction and focus on recruiting, retention and junior development. Calthorpe, Kolynuik and hopefully a quality u/18 coach all great decisions.
But it’s hard to argue with your point, it has all been heard before and with no results.
it’s probably not a view shared by others at the club but I think it would have been beneficial to go back to B grade and rebuild.
If Kolynuik is headed there, that wont help, one of the worse coaches I have ever seen! both div 1 clubs that have had him there will agree 100%

If Kolynuik is headed there, that wont help, one of the worse coaches I have ever seen! both div 1 clubs that have had him there will agree 100%
I have heard that Kolynuik does not relate to the players very well and was not very well liked . Good coaches have that ornate ability to get players to buy in and want to cross the line for them .

I have heard that Kolynuik does not relate to the players very well and was not very well liked . Good coaches have that ornate ability to get players to buy in and want to cross the line for them .

he’s not doing a coaching role. He is football operations/recruiting. A while back now but he is the last coach to take Douttas to an A grade GF.

One for the rumour file!!!

John Barker being sounded out to return to junior club Pascoe Vale as coach, Morrell to move into a Director of Football role.

They have a good coach. Maybe recruit good players. Becoming a bit of a laughing stock. We hear big things every year, yet to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back