EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly an extremely strong list. Disappointing that players from only 6 clubs ended up being nominated. Unfortunately indicative of the huge gap in player ability between the top 5-6 clubs and the bottom 4.

Edit: 7 clubs represented. My bad.
It's always a tricky proposition making these lists though there does tend to be a degree of laziness from these journos in that reputation will often trump output.

When his fit his probably the best player in the comp. but hasn’t played enough footy lately. But his 2017 he was the best player by a mile. 60+ goals from midfield. The only player that is close him was Blackwell.
Yep Maric is a star. And a good bloke to match. Top 3 imo and better than Barbuto. However Galea probably should be no1. Absolutely gun who very rarely gets beaten especially in this comp with the smaller sized grounds.

When his fit his probably the best player in the comp. but hasn’t played enough footy lately. But his 2017 he was the best player by a mile. 60+ goals from midfield. The only player that is close him was Blackwell.
Here is one for you horse.

If you were in charge of a footy club and had a choice to go after Barbuto or Galea who would you go after.
No offence to Barbuto who is clearly best 10-20 in the comp but I’m going hard for Galea.
Ryan Allan no2. Best backmen I’ve seen in Edfl and obviously I’m a fan of Foster but Allan been a consistent no fuss defender.

Here is one for you horse.

If you were in charge of a footy club and had a choice to go after Barbuto or Galea who would you go after.
No offence to Barbuto who is clearly best 10-20 in the comp but I’m going hard for Galea.
Ryan Allan no2. Best backmen I’ve seen in Edfl and obviously I’m a fan of Foster but Allan been a consistent no fuss defender.
I’d choose Allan over Galea. My top 5 would be
Meese
Maric
Allan
Galea
Barbuto/Toy equal 5th

Allan is the 2nd best Backman over the last 10 years. I’m sorry but M Smith is still the best. Stops his opponent and then has 20 touches & 10 marks a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting development, the EDFL will charge all players and coaches an extra $10 each in administration fees this coming season on top of the normall fees to assist in recouping costs.
This means that the volunteers who support the league will pay for the greed of a poorly managed competition.
I understand that there are paid positions (admin) but local football has become a business and there are people unfairly profiting from the efforts of volunteers. What ever happened to the honorary roles in the sport!
Maybe if the EDFL stopped providing things like free alcohol at meetings or half time events it would save a large amount a cash literally going down the drain.
Stop the perks and jobs for the boys and who knows we may actually be able to stop the over the top expenses placed on the grass roots.

Interesting development, the EDFL will charge all players and coaches an extra $10 each in administration fees this coming season on top of the normall fees to assist in recouping costs.
This means that the volunteers who support the league will pay for the greed of a poorly managed competition.
I understand that there are paid positions (admin) but local football has become a business and there are people unfairly profiting from the efforts of volunteers. What ever happened to the honorary roles in the sport!
Maybe if the EDFL stopped providing things like free alcohol at meetings or half time events it would save a large amount a cash literally going down the drain.
Stop the perks and jobs for the boys and who knows we may actually be able to stop the over the top expenses placed on the grass roots.

How much coin are we talking here? Would it be unreasonable that roughly 30 clubs would have on average 300 players/coaches on their books?

There's nearly $100K

I guess it’s the only way Towball. Ultimately the gov is going to apply gst or raise taxes to increase revenue so it was to be expected I guess.

Amazing, yet another clip of the ticket from the league and agree what cost saving measures are the board and executive delivering for the clubs?

VAFA had it this season. Every player needed to pay when the reregistered via SportingPulse.

Why after all the hard work of the EDFL in the past 5 odd years to get every club financial with the league would they now slip and allow clubs to go on payment plans for season 2021 . Why would clubs owe money when there has been no football for 12 months with no expenses .
Why cant the EDFL just stick to the rules in place ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back