EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually propped up country towns, kept them alive, bob rose, Fred fanning all retired from vfl early to play country footy, many guns stayed in the country, as they were probably paid better than the vfl. There's also no better atmosphere then country footy imo, I'm not sure metro players get stopped in the street midweek to talk about last Saturday's game.

Unfortunately now 5 mill live in Melbourne and1 mill in regional Vic, which isn't probably great for the state, as covid showed we need greater dispeseral of our pop

You are spot on about the VFL/VFA, I was on $350 a senior game at Williamstown in the early 90s and left to play country footy for $600 in the mid 90s

Lol thanks for the kind words
Sorry to hurt your feelings pal.Just find it interesting that you post on about 5 Edfl and Nfl threads that you and your many mates are looking for a club.
Just a tip big difference in standard Div 1 to div 3.You also wrote that lalor where a power when you where 16-17 so im guessing your around 45 to 50 yo if in fact your telling truth.At that age I reckon you may struggle for a game.You should change your name to Showbag cos as we know they are full of shi- and no value just like you.

Which was:

I'm 37 mate.
Doesn't bother me the 3 of us played at Greenvale, Diamond Creek, Airport West, Reservoir, Whittlesea or Laurimar. We just want good vibes and a bunch of nice people. And as for the pre season post, it is because we want to know which club is starting ASAP and we will go down to train

I do not see your point other than trying to belittle someone online? Why can't you just be a happy soul and appreciate someone who lives and breaths edfl and nfnl?

Which was:

I'm 37 mate.
Doesn't bother me the 3 of us played at Greenvale, Diamond Creek, Airport West, Reservoir, Whittlesea or Laurimar. We just want good vibes and a bunch of nice people. And as for the pre season post, it is because we want to know which club is starting ASAP and we will go down to train

I do not see your point other than trying to belittle someone online? Why can't you just be a happy soul and appreciate someone who lives and breaths edfl and nfnl?
To be fair there has been an element of prevarication from yourself ... assuming you and your mates play in the two's .. which is cool. But sounds like you are enjoying a bit of 'me' time online ...

To be fair there has been an element of prevarication from yourself ... assuming you and your mates play in the two's .. which is cool. But sounds like you are enjoying a bit of 'me' time online ...
Not like that at all mate. Enjoying bigfooty. Love that others adore local footy and live n breathe it like myself. I just love footy and want to play at a great club even if it's in the twos we are fit guys

Not like that at all mate. Enjoying bigfooty. Love that others adore local footy and live n breathe it like myself. I just love footy and want to play at a great club even if it's in the twos we are fit guys
Out of curiosity as you've noted a past affiliation to a few clubs, is there any reason that you don't play at one of them?

Which was:

I'm 37 mate.

Get to superules mate. 37 qualifies

Which was:

I'm 37 mate.

I do not see your need to belittle Reservoir football club online
Which was:

I'm 37 mate.

I dont understand why you belittled Reservoir football club online.You say they’re on a 30 year rebuild.Yet in reply you state you played there.
I dont understand why you lay rubbish on Craigjeburn saying they will double drop next year.
i dont understand why you write rubbish saying South Morang will flog Rupertswood.
I dont understand how you and 2 mates is the same as your quote of “me and heaps of mate”
I do understand you write lots of crap and fake news.

I do not see your need to belittle Reservoir football club online

I dont understand why you belittled Reservoir football club online.You say they’re on a 30 year rebuild.Yet in reply you state you played there.
I dont understand why you lay rubbish on Craigjeburn saying they will double drop next year.
i dont understand why you write rubbish saying South Morang will flog Rupertswood.
I dont understand how you and 2 mates is the same as your quote of “me and heaps of mate”
I do understand you write lots of crap and fake news.
Its a forum. For your thoughts. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are spot on about the VFL/VFA, I was on $350 a senior game at Williamstown in the early 90s and left to play country footy for $600 in the mid 90s

Nothing has changed Roos, possibly got worse.
It is a disgrace that VFL pays so poorly. AFL should support it MUCH MORE instead of the woman IMO...or BOTH!!!

They take advantage of players wanting to keep the dream alive of playing AFL . Younger players in particular get
4 to 5 times more locally/bush than VFL . And the training/ commitment level is off the charts compared to local footy.

Second best comp in State and it is a joke financially.

One of the biggest issues/ problems in Footy IMO.

And EDFL has not helped either by introducing that if you play more VFL games than local you cant play local finals. Was always 4 games to qualify which
IMO was fair, still is in other comps.

Another disincentive . Good for local clubs however as it will see more leave the VFL.

It is hardly spoken about but should be.

Last edited:
It is a disgrace that VFL pays so poorly. AFL should support it MUCH MORE instead of the woman IMO...or BOTH!!!

They take advantage of players wanting to keep the dream alive of playing AFL . Younger players in particular get
4 to 5 times more locally/bush than VFL . And the training/ commitment level is off the charts compared to local footy.

And EDFL has not helped either by introducing that if you play more VFL games than local you cant play local finals. Was always 4 games to qualify which

Another disincentive . Good for local clubs however as it will see more leave the VFL.

When was this rule changed?

I definitely don’t agree with it, if you play 4 games then you should qualify

They did increase the caps in the VFL and reduce them in metro/country footy. It’s maybe more that VFL clubs stick to the cap and metro/country can go over.
Having said all this I do think footy should never be purely about the $$$ only. The environments at some VFL clubs like Willy and Port are something that you will always remember as they had a lot of success. It wasn’t based on the $$$.

I understand the original post by Roos and in part your response but there is kind of 2 different options that players have.

I understand the points system and why it came in but I always liked the idea of a coach getting a position and bringing 5-6 of his mates along to play to get a club success. Most players would play for slightly less to play together but unfortunately this cannot happen at majority of clubs either via wat of points or the cap.

Even now after 2 covid interruptions we still hear of players wanting huge coin. Yes some deserve it but some just take the piss and don’t understand what clubs endured. Some clubs probably lucky to still be trading in all honesty. IMO the effects won’t be seen until 2-3 years. Some clubs will borrow just to stay competitive in season 2022

When was this rule changed?

I definitely don’t agree with it, if you play 4 games then you should qualify
Not 100% sure when it changed, but you now have to play more EDFL games than VFL games to qualify

The VFL having so many drafted in recent history is definitely causing clubs to take advantage of young players, although the VFLs u23 rule is good for them.
No different to all premier cricket clubs pissing in young local players pockets to full their 3rds and 4ths teams

The VFL having so many drafted in recent history is definitely causing clubs to take advantage of young players, although the VFLs u23 rule is good for them.
No different to all premier cricket clubs pissing in young local players pockets to full their 3rds and 4ths teams

What is the U23 rule please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back