EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
One of my favourites but I don’t wish to elaborate more as cant be bothered dealing with the replies. You can work it out pretty easily.

On another subject very sad to hear about young Venables from West Coast (ex Keilor junior) Poor kid.
Wish him the best with his recovery and everything else his dealing with.

Last edited:
One of my favourites but I don’t wish to elaborate more as be bothered dealing with the replies. You can work it out pretty easily.

On another subject very sad to hear about your Venables from West Coast (ex Keilor junior)
Wish him the best with his recovery and everything else.

PV Turbo?

One of my favourites but I don’t wish to elaborate more as cant be bothered dealing with the replies. You can work it out pretty easily.

On another subject very sad to hear about young Venables from West Coast (ex Keilor junior) Poor kid.
Wish him the best with his recovery and everything else his dealing with.
I heard he had a really bad concussion that is why he hasn’t been playing. Is that the main issue.

They did increase the caps in the VFL and reduce them in metro/country footy. It’s maybe more that VFL clubs stick to the cap and metro/country can go over.
Having said all this I do think footy should never be purely about the $$$ only. The environments at some VFL clubs like Willy and Port are something that you will always remember as they had a lot of success. It wasn’t based on the $$$.

I understand the original post by Roos and in part your response but there is kind of 2 different options that players have.

I understand the points system and why it came in but I always liked the idea of a coach getting a position and bringing 5-6 of his mates along to play to get a club success. Most players would play for slightly less to play together but unfortunately this cannot happen at majority of clubs either via wat of points or the cap.

Even now after 2 covid interruptions we still hear of players wanting huge coin. Yes some deserve it but some just take the piss and don’t understand what clubs endured. Some clubs probably lucky to still be trading in all honesty. IMO the effects won’t be seen until 2-3 years. Some clubs will borrow just to stay competitive in season 2022
Is that the sign of a poor coach though, which came in the late 90s where brings 5 or 6 mates, before that many coaches, just rocked up and actually coached.

I agree wholeheartedly about the salary and many players not understanding why the cap was dropped, it's so we can have footy, most clubs are struggling after the last 2 years to get on the park.

Will we see metro clubs playing a few thirds kids and getting them ready for senior footy, it doesn't seem to happen in metro footy, compared to country footy, with most guys getting a taste at 15-17, and it improves your footy 10 fold and you learn to make sure pretty quick you don't leave yourself open to be smashed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had heard 1st Feb, the fact Edfl haven’t posted or advertised 1st Nov opening,I think Feb is likely.
Not sure I like that. There are always players that declined, it would suck if they did a pre season with a club to then find out in February they can’t play there.

Not sure I like that. There are always players that declined, it would suck if they did a pre season with a club to then find out in February they can’t play there.
or visa versa, if you get a clearance early and train with them pre-xmas and then decide you dont like it, you havent committed - Feb is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back