EDFL-Premier Division 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i've heard its a combination of going to play with mates, money and Craig Teal's presence at the club.
I've heard the "mates" one before at other clubs and there always is the "money" one at clubs........ but to single out the president, how is the president affecting football department?

The Club has been telling the players for a few years they don't have the $$'s to offer GUN players being recruited by other clubs. But telling them to stick by the club and things will change and they will build again to be successful. Fact is these days you need to spend big to be successful and for 2 years now the Players and many supporters are questioning why the club would pay the coach 50k when this money could be spent on recruiting players who will actually make a difference to the results. In saying that I think Mick is the best local coach in Victoria, so nothing against him personally.
With no home ground next year, the nucleas of players of their most successful period retired and loyalty a distant memory in today's enviroment, those players are not willing to stay and have a sh*tty year with no home ground ect. ect. and go somewhere else for more money and a good chance of success.

What has Mick done in the past decade that would have you believe he is the best local coach going around? I reckon he is regularly outcoached on game day, clubs that would appear to be far less resourced on the park like West Coburg before they went down and Avondale Heights routinely appeared to have the edge against Keilor. Keilor have had a side capable of playing finals and challenging the top sides but for whatever reason have not been able to string it together consistently for a very long time.

What has Mick done in the past decade that would have you believe he is the best local coach going around? I reckon he is regularly outcoached on game day, clubs that would appear to be far less resourced on the park like West Coburg before they went down and Avondale Heights routinely appeared to have the edge against Keilor. Keilor have had a side capable of playing finals and challenging the top sides but for whatever reason have not been able to string it together consistently for a very long time.

From the outside looking in , the above post is the most accurate to date in summing up the current climate at Keilor. i don't advocate change for change sake but it is obvious there has to be a new plan for next season and beyond. I am sure all at the club are working as hard as they can to rectify the situation but having said that, increasing junior fees yearly , pressuring loyal sponsors for more in order to increase the senior spend is unacceptable to many.

From the outside looking in , the above post is the most accurate to date in summing up the current climate at Keilor. i don't advocate change for change sake but it is obvious there has to be a new plan for next season and beyond. I am sure all at the club are working as hard as they can to rectify the situation but having said that, increasing junior fees yearly , pressuring loyal sponsors for more in order to increase the senior spend is unacceptable to many.
Interesting times coming up. If President is as unpopular as people say and coaching appointment for season 2014 has been made by current president and footy department, what will happen if there is a change after AGM of executive? Will they honour 2014 coaching appointment made by outgoing board? (assuming that there is a change)

Heard the Abdul wahed brothers are off to westmeadows with bassman... Not 100% sure if true yet though

Could be they don't want to play premier league... But was told westmeadows were offering more $$$

Whispered outs are Armstrong, Browne, Cartelli, Clifton, Condos, Cooper, Day, Marcy, Messis, Raftopolus, Stankovic, Van Reit.

If even half of these outs are true it would be extremely hard to see Keilor fielding a competetive team!!

However these are just rumours at this stage and like always no one will know the truth until the season starts

I think you'll find Browne signed on again at keilor last week. Knocked back a monster offer from abers - ill let you all speculate on the figure for three years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find Browne signed on again at keilor last week. Knocked back a monster offer from abers - ill let you all speculate on the figure for three years!
Cannot have a three year deal as contracts are maximum 2 years. But they may have agreed to a 3 year partnership that will have to be renewed after 1 year. The amount.................$100,000 for 3 years would be a reduction to what he WAS on this year

Can someone remind me when the league is having their special meeting to amend the constitution, as I haven’t seen anything or heard anything apart form on here.

Cannot have a three year deal as contracts are maximum 2 years. But they may have agreed to a 3 year partnership that will have to be renewed after 1 year. The amount.................$100,000 for 3 years would be a reduction to what he WAS on this year

Keep going......

Keep going......
$100,000 for 3 years would be $33,333.33 per season. This year with sign on and match payments, he was on at least $35,000. Had the offer from WFL club of $35,000 then took that to Keilor..............is that far enough? So if they got him for $100,000 for 3 years, he has taken a pay cut

Out of interest would he be paying tax on that $33k a year? That is almost the equivalent of the minimum wage, its a lot of coin and I am sure the ATO would be keen for their slice.

Out of interest would he be paying tax on that $33k a year? That is almost the equivalent of the minimum wage, its a lot of coin and I am sure the ATO would be keen for their slice.
His worth every cent and has knocked back massive offers from both inside and outside the comp,
Not sure where the three years comes from.
Any more on Anthony Rock / greenvale and what's the go with strathmore regards coach

His worth every cent and has knocked back massive offers from both inside and outside the comp,
Not sure where the three years comes from.
Any more on Anthony Rock / greenvale and what's the go with strathmore regards coach
Rock was initially planning on coaching again but opted to pull the plug the other night, he's had some pretty big offers to coach in the Ammos and neighbouring leagues.
Word is that Strathmore are looking for a new coach despite Digby wanting to coach again.

Rock was initially planning on coaching again but opted to pull the plug the other night, he's had some pretty big offers to coach in the Ammos and neighbouring leagues.
Word is that Strathmore are looking for a new coach despite Digby wanting to coach again.
I hear that strathmore are keen on Sunbury coach Rick horwood.

Can someone remind me when the league is having their special meeting to amend the constitution, as I haven’t seen anything or heard anything apart form on here.
The meeting is on this Thursday. Seems clubs are pretty united in not backing the proposal but will be interesting if the EDFL pull the joker card of clubs being unfinancial or influencing votes due to some clubs position in the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back