EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Adam potter grate coach
Heard a few players Leving abers likes of Houli toy hislops very good pick ups who ever can get them
Heard Houls retired! Not available first 4 anyway. If the afore mentioned not happy,think country footy. Big wheat crops in a few areas. Good clubs and people. Not as many pretentious , primmas , add lots of adjectives etc as at edfl clubs.

Ruben James

Debutant
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What brings you to those conclusions? Especially if there's a reason why he was appointed in the first place

Appointed where coburg, Williamstown, Taylor's lakes or abers???

Has never been praised by his players speaks well but that's where it ends according to his former players!

Richmond had to step in and replace him at one stage, any way good luck to Potts but no players will be following him guaranteed!

The reserves coach who ran the boundary in the finals whilst mal sat in the stand with peverill should have been appointed the coach

Burgerdon

Debutant
Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Appointed where coburg, Williamstown, Taylor's lakes or abers???

Has never been praised by his players speaks well but that's where it ends according to his former players!

Richmond had to step it and replace him at one stage, any way good luck to Potts but no players will be following him guaranteed

He was replaced at Coburg simply because Richmond were in charge of the coaching staff for the final year of the alignment between the two.
Potter was not employed by Richmond, he was employed by Coburg. Tim Clark was appointed by Richmond to coach Coburg in 2013.
Potter was offered to come back for 2014 as senior coach, but decided to stay at Williamstown. Coburg did not want to lose him to begin with.
Peter German is at to Coburg now instead

Not saying players from Williamstown will follow him, but anything is possible especially with the $$$ at Abers.

Ruben James

Debutant
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A
He was replaced at Coburg simply because Richmond were in charge of the coaching staff for the final year of the alignment between the two.
Potter was not employed by Richmond, he was employed by Coburg. Tim Clark was appointed by Richmond to coach Coburg in 2013.
Potter was offered to come back for 2014 as senior coach, but decided to stay at Williamstown. Coburg did not want to lose him to begin with.
Peter German is at to Coburg now instead

Not saying players from Williamstown will follow him, but anything is possible especially with the $$$ at Abers.
players will go any where for the $ you say! I say they won't follow potter

Burgerdon

Debutant
Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
A
players will go any where for the $ you say! I say they won't follow potter

I said "anything is possible," not "they'll follow him 100%."
It will be interesting to see who they recruit for 2015.
And Hallinan is a schoolteacher just like Potter anyway..however something must've went wrong on his behalf if his side were only to score one goal in the second half of the last two ressies Grand Finals.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
New coach says Abers a "good fit" - http://bit.ly/1w0zK72
At least he and the president are speaking from the same page as they both said the same thing.

Also is there now an embargo on mentioning the actual name of Abers president on Big Footy ? Every time I type his actual name and enter it defaults to ***************. But if I type in John Elliot ( Strathmore ) or
Craig Teal ( Keilor ) no problems. Very strange.

Last edited:

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
At least he and the president are speaking from the same page as they both said the same thing.

Also is there an embargo on mentioning the actual name of Abers president on Big Footy ? Every time I type his actual name and enter it defaults to ***************. But if I type in John Elliot ( Strathmore ) or Craig Teal ( Keilor ) no problems. Very strange.
I'm guessing the Prez may not have liked some of the s**t being flung his way, which is fair enough.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm guessing the Prez may not have liked some of the s**t being flung his way, which is fair enough.
Yes, I can understand that. It was over the top. He is in the legal field isn't he? Always a bit dicey attacking someone by name on forums such as these. Not sure what the legal position is.

Last edited:

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Don't know too much about Potter, but coaching at Willy and Coburg is a good credential for a local coach, still going to Abers and the $ they will spend will mean the pressure for success will come from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Also is there now an embargo on mentioning the actual name of Abers president on Big Footy ? Every time I type his actual name and enter it defaults to ***************. But if I type in John Elliot ( Strathmore ) or
Next they will default Adam Potter name

My North

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

good to see the Abers president reading the forum, Abers will be up there again in 2015.

Prophetic

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
good to see the Abers president reading the forum, Abers will be up there again in 2015.

He doesn't follow it. Think it would be to do with the administrator taking exception to mud slinging rather than any legal thing.

Good on Barney Hallinan, great get for any club. Hope to see him back at abers one day.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
LEADER LOCAL FOOTY EXCLUSIVE: Essendon in talks with EDFL star - bit.ly/ZBOZsF
Obviously a big jump from EDFL to AFL. However Browne is certainly worth another chance from the Bombers. Every time I have watched him over the past 2 seasons he has either dominated the ruck or played pretty well. Mobile around the ground and can also kick a goal.

Shadow Master

Debutant
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

I hope you are joking re the embargo!

If so, that's pretty funny.

If not, sounds like they are becoming a little precious down there, the pressure must be building already and it's only October, that makes for a mighty long season.

sierra

Senior List
Nov 22, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I hope you are joking re the embargo!

If so, that's pretty funny.

If not, sounds like they are becoming a little precious down there, the pressure must be building already and it's only October, that makes for a mighty long season.
Again they are proving there are inflated Egos at Abers - is Larkins going to take legal action against users of Big Footy - was a toss !! Bottom line is still only 1 Agrade flag on the wall :p

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumor that the NFL are Sniffing around at least one EDFL Club to move across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back