EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Craigieburn recruit jordan williams a chb and damien bugeja from williamstown. Anyone know much about them?

Budgie is an ex Greenvale junior who is well up to being a competitive midfielder in EDFL. His a strongly built player who has pace. Played only a couple of senior VFL games from memory. Problem will be his had a lot of injuries over recent years and hardly played this season. Hope he gets his body right as his a nice kid and good pick up by Craigieburn.

Budgie is an ex Greenvale junior who is well up to being a competitive midfielder in EDFL. His a strongly built player who has pace. Played only a couple of senior VFL games from memory. Problem will be his had a lot of injuries over recent years and hardly played this season. Hope he gets his body right as his a nice kid and good pick up by Craigieburn.
Ex craigieburn junior?

If the council wont put up the cash and the clubs have the means to spend $400k+ to pay footy players then yes the clubs should put up the cash. Interest rates are at an all time low so if the clubs could borrow some coin and spread the expense out over a decade then it would be a huge investment into the club. With Strathmore having Craige Hille and his business as a key part of the club the facilities there are nothing short of disgraceful. Of course if the clubs are putting up the cash then they would have total control of the building process and can use contractors connected to the clubs who i am sure will give them discounted fees etc.

You may need to venture out to Lebanon Reserve and have a look!

W
Because you havent made a valid point as to why it is actually ruining football, with the strength of the EDFL case point that local footy is doing ok.
You sound like a real glass half full bloke . The worlds moved on pal , your train left your station ten years ago . You watch out for the cheats won't you ? Make sure when the cups being raised in September you are hissing and booing from the bleachers .I hope your club avoids relegation .
You sound like a real glass half full bloke . The worlds moved on pal , your train left your station ten years ago . You watch out for the cheats won't you ? Make sure when the cups being raised in September you are hissing and booing from the bleachers .I hope your club avoids relegation .
So who do you think will be raising the cup come September ?

Blah Blah !

Well known that said player is taking up approximately 10% of Douttas Salary cap. The player hasn't been backwards in coming forwards in advising of his $ requirements whilst shopping himself around to other clubs within the league

Those clubs that think they can get away with cheating the salary cap better make sure they pick the right players to do so with. Loose lips sink ships!

W

So who do you think will be raising the cup come September ?

No idea.. Based on current recruiting rumours there are at least a handful of clubs in contention to win the flag (again showing the comp is doing just fine) Keilor obviously go in flag favourites but as everyone knows its extremely difficult to go back to back.. Abers despite losing some players wont be far away. Strathmore have recruited strongly and with more stability in coaching would have to think will challenge, Greenvale can never be ruled out, Pacco might finally get it together, Doutta look stronger than last year with some big name recruits and even Marby looked good at times last year and and have improved so could get better..

The only sides i would say can not make the finals are West Coburg, Craigieburn & Avondale.. $ is definitely ruining local footy ;)

No idea.. Based on current recruiting rumours there are at least a handful of clubs in contention to win the flag (again showing the comp is doing just fine) Keilor obviously go in flag favourites but as everyone knows its extremely difficult to go back to back.. Abers despite losing some players wont be far away. Strathmore have recruited strongly and with more stability in coaching would have to think will challenge, Greenvale can never be ruled out, Pacco might finally get it together, Doutta look stronger than last year with some big name recruits and even Marby looked good at times last year and and have improved so could get better..

The only sides i would say can not make the finals are West Coburg, Craigieburn & Avondale.. $ is definitely ruining local footy ;)
Agree with what you have stated Strathmore are a club that do not tolerate not making finals and if Grimma can play along with Firritto and Cachia will push hard into finals contention - I think there will be a few more departures from some clubs so interesting times ahead , and yes $$$$ is ruining local footy !

I think Avondale can make finals if all goes well. Craigieburn in relegation mix unless they can recruit some key good key position players with size and skill otherwise it's going to be a long year..

Think Greenvale could miss finals but agree you can never count them out. Some key departures though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G

Going by your previous posts, that's probably a question for you to answer.
Having said that it's a silly question anyway as he does have MATES at Marbi.
Who really cares, he most likely has mates at a number of clubs, ultimately he's playing at Marby.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Can see signs of the salary cap working at most clubs however still some obviously going outside the rules. But let's face it not ALL players are concerned about the highest offer. If you need to bow down or offer them above what they worth just to beat another club well good luck. Hope you sink with the ship..A great example is doing the rounds ATM and a good reason why players shouldn't just take the highest offer, because you might in fact be worse off in the pocket come end of year.
The points should be kept at 50 and ultimately this system is also having some affect but think the salary cap is a good idea to get things back in line a bit..

Can see signs of the salary cap working at most clubs however still some obviously going outside the rules. But let's face it not ALL players are concerned about the highest offer. If you need to bow down or offer them above what they worth just to beat another club well good luck. Hope you sink with the ship..A great example is doing the rounds ATM and a good reason why players shouldn't just take the highest offer, because you might in fact be worse off in the pocket come end of year.
The points should be kept at 50 and ultimately this system is also having some affect but think the salary cap is a good idea to get things back in line a bit..
Turbo this is a biased post from a club supporter who have no issue raising coin but have about 60 points when fielding their best side. The Panthershave just announced more new recruits who will be 4-6 point players. The salary cap IMO is unpoliceable if that's a word! Please surely you can see this. So much cash around.... if the ATO have trouble monitoring company fringe benefit tax how on earth are the EDFL going to police a salary cap. Don't give me this s**t about private investigators that will cost the EDFL money and they wouldn't shout if a shark bit em. Every club in each division will report spot on or just under the salary cap through contracts submitted. The good old paper bag will be making a massive comeback and it won't have your lunch in it. Now the points is a another conversation. Yes agree leave the points cap at 50 because the EDFL have spruiked 50 points for 1 year and then reduce it once clubs totally adapt to the system. There is simply no way clubs can "brown paper bag" the points system.
A question for my fellow armchair experts.... If a club puts a team on the park in 2017 that exceeds the points limit whatever that might be do they 1. Get fined? or 2. Lose points? or 3. Both?

Turbo this is a biased post from a club supporter who have no issue raising coin but have about 60 points when fielding their best side. The Panthershave just announced more new recruits who will be 4-6 point players. The salary cap IMO is unpoliceable if that's a word! Please surely you can see this. So much cash around.... if the ATO have trouble monitoring company fringe benefit tax how on earth are the EDFL going to police a salary cap. Don't give me this s**t about private investigators that will cost the EDFL money and they wouldn't shout if a shark bit em. Every club in each division will report spot on or just under the salary cap through contracts submitted. The good old paper bag will be making a massive comeback and it won't have your lunch in it. Now the points is a another conversation. Yes agree leave the points cap at 50 because the EDFL have spruiked 50 points for 1 year and then reduce it once clubs totally adapt to the system. There is simply no way clubs can "brown paper bag" the points system.
A question for my fellow armchair experts.... If a club puts a team on the park in 2017 that exceeds the points limit whatever that might be do they 1. Get fined? or 2. Lose points? or 3. Both?
Sporting pulse won't let you submit a team that exceeds the points cap. Also hearing that clubs will have to have there sides in SportingPulse by Friday lunch time . EDFL maybe be introducing fines for clubs that play funny buggers by putting in big as teams.

AFL Victoria want the point to be at 48 for next season - EDFL are pushing for 50 . If the points are going to work ( stop clubs just cheque book recruiting - and you don't need to look to hard in EDFL to see examples of that !) then the points for 2017 must be 48. Clubs got a discount for 2016 with a 2 point deduction for existing players and remember every player in 2016 that remains will have a point deducted , except for existing 1 point players . Really concerning to read a number of posts regarding brown paper bag recruiting - the EDFL does not have man power not the interest to police the salary cap hence the points must be 48 for the 2017 season

Sporting pulse won't let you submit a team that exceeds the points cap. Also hearing that clubs will have to have there sides in SportingPulse by Friday lunch time . EDFL maybe be introducing fines for clubs that play funny buggers by putting in big as teams.
I hope your right whisper if clubs are allowed to go over the points and then get fined it makes an absolute mockery of the entire system. The rich clubs would be happy to pay the fine and get away with say 51-52 points. Lets hope the EDFL has some balls on this one

How do you think Luke Cartelli got from Keilor to Avondale in the first place? Dean Galea was headed to Keilor in 2014 before Avondale , through obvious connections got him to there club. He was always headed to Keilor at some stage . In fact he approached Mick first . You rattle on about Mick using his rep involvement to his advantage , what about his assistants? Half the Premier coaches were involved weren't they? Potter, Grant , Wallis , Morrell , Castello played , so what are you on about? Your view on things makes little sense , making ill informed comments without any facts or knowledge.

I hope your right whisper if clubs are allowed to go over the points and then get fined it makes an absolute mockery of the entire system. The rich clubs would be happy to pay the fine and get away with say 51-52 points. Lets hope the EDFL has some balls on this one
They won't be able to submit a team if they are over. Points should be 45-47. Because at least 7-8 of your team would get a 1 point deduction if your a good club and can keep the players. So that frees up some points space.
If you are caught with the brown paper bag then I'm hearing you'll be relegated to the bottom division of your league and fined by AFL Victoria. This could set your club back years as you'll lose sponsors and Most of your good players.

Every club has to submit your selected 22 every week and your team list cannot be submitted if over the points - the system prevents that from happening

Well as further proof I see that Marby picked up Baravi from West Coburg and Castello has been involved with inter league over the past 2 years - it may be coincidence but it doesn't sit well if coaches take advantage of the inter league as a recruiting strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back