EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Well as further proof I see that Marby picked up Baravi from West Coburg and Castello has been involved with inter league over the past 2 years - it may be coincidence but it doesn't sit well if coaches take advantage of the inter league as a recruiting strategy

Is there any blame left at the feet of West Coburg for not keeping Baravi? i did mention on here a few weeks ago that West Coburg look like loosing a few players and that seems to be the case. Another senior player has reportedly signed at a Div 1 club and from what i'm hearing there's a few others also on the move.

Perhaps West Coburg didn't do enough to keep these players happy in their current environment, which could come down to a number of factors that i don't have any knowledge of. I did notice that neither of West Coburg's EDFL Reps players managed a top 5 finish in their club BnF finish this season so perhaps they are not regarded as high internally as they are externally

Well as further proof I see that Marby picked up Baravi from West Coburg and Castello has been involved with inter league over the past 2 years - it may be coincidence but it doesn't sit well if coaches take advantage of the inter league as a recruiting strategy

Tom has friends at Marbi. One of which played at WC with him.

From what i hear a lot of players looking to leave.

Correct its been stated on here for a long time players join Pacco because they are great blokes, strong socially and they are all mates.
Money is never discussed through the recruiting process and all players recruited care deeply for the history of the Pascoe vale football club.

Must be so much easier to recruit when your club is so special and rich in history and success.

Hey Barfly nice post mate. Appears to be very smart recruiting. Pacco building nicely and with majority of list staying creates a good vibe around the place let alone some room to move with points. Don't forget to add Hardingham as a new recruit.

Btw- no paper bags at Raeburn Res, just a handshake and a hug to welcome them to Panther Land. Lol
However as 1 club found out, the bag doesn't always get the player.. Or was the bag bigger at a rival club.??

Correct its been stated on here for a long time players join Pacco because they are great blokes, strong socially and they are all mates.
Money is never discussed through the recruiting process and all players recruited care deeply for the history of the Pascoe vale football club.

Must be so much easier to recruit when your club is so special and rich in history and success.

GOLD!

In all seriousness, the quality of players coming into the EDFL is fantastic. The winners will be us, the supporters who prefer going to the local footy than the AFL. As raised previously, the points system will sort out clubs and can be managed as that process is transparent. Not so sure about the salary cap but surely the fines imposed if caught act as a severe deterrent.

Hey Barfly nice post mate. Appears to be very smart recruiting. Pacco building nicely and with majority of list staying creates a good vibe around the place let alone some room to move with points. Don't forget to add Hardingham as a new recruit.

Turbo I was only taking the pi$$ re pacco not paying much $$.Good pn em I say just dont deny it nor hang $hit on other clubs that do.
Great for the comp to continually get quality players.

I
Is there any blame left at the feet of West Coburg for not keeping Baravi? i did mention on here a few weeks ago that West Coburg look like loosing a few players and that seems to be the case. Another senior player has reportedly signed at a Div 1 club and from what i'm hearing there's a few others also on the move.

Perhaps West Coburg didn't do enough to keep these players happy in their current environment, which could come down to a number of factors that i don't have any knowledge of. I did notice that neither of West Coburg's EDFL Reps players managed a top 5 finish in their club BnF finish this season so perhaps they are not regarded as high internally as they are external
From what i hear a lot of players looking to leave.
This fella reckons Edfl pay too much.He dont seem happy.Surely works both ways?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...7/news-story/42eb44f426c8d70d40567eac8dbb50d1
very hard for Amos to compete against EDFL the only thing they can offer , apart from having a very good premier competition , is the offer of employment and even then if a bloke already has employment and is offered $400, $500 or more dollars a game very hard to resist

Btw- no paper bags at Raeburn Res, just a handshake and a hug to welcome them to Panther Land. Lol
However as 1 club found out, the bag doesn't always get the player.. Or was the bag bigger at a rival club.??
Turbo been told your recruit from Noble Park coached/coaches juniors just down the road from Pacco.
I find that interesting, nothing wrong with it i just find it interesting.

Turbo been told your recruit from Noble Park coached/coaches juniors just down the road from Pacco.
I find that interesting, nothing wrong with it i just find it interesting.

You already know my reply don't you!! Lol

It's not unusual these days as kids will play at a club where there friends are at. As I said mate, he has close friends playing at Pacco so wanted to play with them. Seems like a popular guy respected by teammates and opposition players. Great pick up and can only help Pacco going forward no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very hard for all leagues to compete with the edfl, including the vfl but as old turbs points out its got nothing to do with the money on offer
I

very hard for Amos to compete against EDFL the only thing they can offer , apart from having a very good premier competition , is the offer of employment and even then if a bloke already has employment and is offered $400, $500 or more dollars a game very hard to resist

very hard for all leagues to compete with the edfl, including the vfl but as old turbs points out its got nothing to do with the money on offer

Hey Trent, agree the EDFL have gone ahead of a lot of leagues based on spenditure but this salary cap is pulling things back somewhat. Most of the top clubs will have players taking pay cuts so the core group can stay together and keep within the new salary cap.

I guess it's like some players in the AFL who decline big offers to resign with their current club, or a job where your happy at and refuse to go to a competitor for a bit more money..You get players to stay because they like the place and the friends they make. It's not ideal to swap clubs all the time and most people like stability.

Regarding the EDFL it's the clubs that have raised the money they are spending on players so surely they can spend it how they wish. I guess there was a time players would go to a country club because they were offering more than a metro club but now it's different, as the better players can stay closer to home for the same, if not more, money.

But as we have seen by "reports" of one EDFL club not having meet there obligations that you must keep within your means.
Some players interviewed use the line, club X has offered me this much and if you match it I will come and play with you. Well the response should be good for you and good luck at that club. I will even drive you there!! Lol Make sure they want to come to your club for the right reasons.

Nonsense Blueboy! You should know only those who play at Raeburn play purely for the love of the game, and the camaderie with their team mates.
Correct no one gets paid at pacco they just love being there at a highly successful club with an outstanding culture

Great to see the love for Pacco on here. Even Stax is now on board.
The supporters are getting on the Pacco train and it's filling fast..

Pacco for Premiers in 2017, 2018, & 2019. Who will stop them??

Haha it's silly season..

GOLD!

In all seriousness, the quality of players coming into the EDFL is fantastic. The winners will be us, the supporters who prefer going to the local footy than the AFL.

I have preferred local footy to the afl for years now more because of the community atmosphere the great people you can meet through footy as well as getting the chance to actually be involved at club level helping make your club a better place

Plus the town vs town rivalry... although that's not as strong here as it is in country footy

Also the biff is 100 times better than the pussy s**t the afl offers

I have preferred local footy to the afl for years now more because of the community atmosphere the great people you can meet through footy as well as getting the chance to actually be involved at club level helping make your club a better place

Plus the town vs town rivalry... although that's not as strong here as it is in country footy

Also the biff is 100 times better than the pussy s**t the afl offers

Spot on, and being able to stand on the sidelines having a few cans, kick of the footy with the kids at the breaks or listening to the coach talk.. Instead of being jammed into a plastic souless stadium, drinking mid strength..Give me local anytime.. Have actually gone to watch a bit of VFL this year which has been equally as enjoyable.

I think Avondale can make finals if all goes well. Craigieburn in relegation mix unless they can recruit some key good key position players with size and skill otherwise it's going to be a long year..

Think Greenvale could miss finals but agree you can never count them out. Some key departures though..
I'm hearing some 8-10 reserves and senior players have left Greenvale. If true and the names mentioned, the Jets could be under pressure to make finals in reserves and seniors. I would imagine that Chapman is talking to key position players to join the group. Doutta's and Strathmore is my pick to make top 4 in 2017. Out Greenvale and Pascoe Vale.

I'm hearing some 8-10 reserves and senior players have left Greenvale. If true and the names mentioned, the Jets could be under pressure to make finals in reserves and seniors. I would imagine that Chapman is talking to key position players to join the group. Doutta's and Strathmore is my pick to make top 4 in 2017. Out Greenvale and Pascoe Vale.

Greenvale would lose that many ressies players most years. They always have a strong seconds team and those players get offered $ from B & C grade clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back