EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Deefer, the suspension was based on what Barbuto said at the tribunal. He basically lagged him in.. Seriously Deefer what's with that behavoir? It's not normal. I hear he also rolled up to the tribunal late, was this because he didn't want to see him prior to the meeting?? Very strange indeed..

Unprovoked you say, cmon they had a few words to each other and then they got close in. Maybe Barbuto should be careful who he mouths off to next time.

I'm sure this incident will spur on Pacco if they meet again this season.

Yes I agree totally to stamp out acts such as one-punch King hits and things of similar nature but let's be honest here, this incident was far from a one-punch incident that could cause serious damage.
Tell your players to harden up or play a non contact sport.

It's funny as the rd3 clash one of the Keilor players kneed a Pacco player who was on the ground. He was down for some time and had to leave the ground. I guess some clubs get different treatment.

I guess we have different views on these types of incidents and I'm more "what happens on the ground, stays on the ground" as long as it's not a King hit or something similar.

So you were not at the tribunal, going on "hearsay" input. Late for the tribunal because he did not want talk to anybody? Again you jump to conclusions, are you going to Rio? You should, very good at jumping!
Being the font of all knowledge you should be aware that his late arrival was caused by factors beyond his control. Up to you to find out what they were!
Head-butt not having the potential to cause serious damage? You cannot be serious! True this one did not cause major damage, but I challenge you to spend a night at the emergency departments of the Alfred or the RMH and witness just what a head-butt can do.

In your many posts you have stated you have a son. Revisit this topic when/if your son is playing senior football, and some clown decides to head-butt/whack him.

It is a contact sport, but the contact does not include deliberate head-butting, or from your tone, you think it should. If anyone needs to harden up, it is your player. OK so words are exchanged, and he does not have enough mental toughness to control himself, has to resort to a head-butt? And you are justifying his action! Many words are exchanged on the ground, should they all lead to some sort of physical response?

I do not have any quarrel with the game being played in a tough physical manner, within the rules! What your player did was outside the rules and he should cop the outcome, and so should you, remember it could be your son in a few years time.

Bringing up RD3, what relevance has that the incident on Saturday? Absolutely none!

Why should a player have to lie. Sounds like Tydell got what he deserves. Players shouldn't have to cope acts like heat butts and punches on a footy field. Your there to play footy. If you want act tough and throw your weight around go do mma. Good on the Keilor player for telling the truth, the more players do this the cleaner this Comp will become.

Tydell walks a line trying to be an intimidator (ask Sikora) and it seems that this time got done for crossing that line.
Out of curiosity, with many games being recorded was the footage used as evidence?
If not, perhaps the EDFL could introduce recording matches themselves - following the lead of some other comps.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I was 10 metres from the incident , l don't know who said what at the tribunal but what l do know is that 4 weeks is manifestly over the top! 1 week was all it deserved plus his 15 min send off plus the 50 metres. JOKE

Hey mate, I wasn't standing on the wing where the incident occurred as I was in front of the social rooms but the reporting umpire was 50 mts away. The umpire closet who was 5 mts away, didn't think it was reportable let alone a free kick.

I'm happy for you to give your opinion, but can tell you that Pacco don't dob in opposition players for incidents of this nature. I've heard on this forum about certain players who are protected yet this incident gets 4 weeks. C'mon I'm sure Strathmore appreciated Pacco helping them at the tribunal a few weeks back but I guess some clubs/players feel the need to lag in opposition players.

The player didn't go down nor was there any blood, just 2 players having a go at one another and they got to close. If you want to mouth off, maybe you should be careful who you mouth off to.

Yes maybe I'm one eyed but I'm also old school and would never dob in a player unless it was a dogs act like a king hit, kicking etc..

I stand by my post it was a low act by the player.

There are degrees of everything. Another poster said he saw the contact albeit not as major as the penalty may reflect. If the umpire says he definitely saw a head but, even if he couldn't attest to the force of the contact, Barbuto had no choice but to say it happened otherwise he gets weeks himself. I have been advocate at the tribunal a few times and as soon as it is admitted they decide if it is a "good look" and penalise accordingly. I had a player reported for jumper punching and the opposition player said that they both were involved in a show of strength but he didn't really notice any contact to his head. Our player said he may have made contact but did not punch him and they gave him three weeks because they said they wanted to stamp that out of the game.

So why would a player get weeks for himself to protect someone who headbut him. I think you are right it was a low act by the player, the Pacco player that is...

So you were not at the tribunal, going on "hearsay" input. Late for the tribunal because he did not want talk to anybody? Again you jump to conclusions, are you going to Rio? You should, very good at jumping!
Being the font of all knowledge you should be aware that his late arrival was caused by factors beyond his control. Up to you to find out what they were!
Head-butt not having the potential to cause serious damage? You cannot be serious! True this one did not cause major damage, but I challenge you to spend a night at the emergency departments of the Alfred or the RMH and witness just what a head-butt can do.

In your many posts you have stated you have a son. Revisit this topic when/if your son is playing senior football, and some clown decides to head-butt/whack him.

It is a contact sport, but the contact does not include deliberate head-butting, or from your tone, you think it should. If anyone needs to harden up, it is your player. OK so words are exchanged, and he does not have enough mental toughness to control himself, has to resort to a head-butt? And you are justifying his action! Many words are exchanged on the ground, should they all lead to some sort of physical response?

I do not have any quarrel with the game being played in a tough physical manner, within the rules! What your player did was outside the rules and he should cop the outcome, and so should you, remember it could be your son in a few years time.

Bringing up RD3, what relevance has that the incident on Saturday? Absolutely none!

Look I don't condone unruly acts on or off the field.

However in this case I feel strongly that the penalty is to harsh for what occurred. Stop blowing this up as it wasn't a full on head-butt or a cowardly punch that you seem to continue referring to.

In fact the tribunal is really saying by giving the player 4 weeks, 15mins send off, free kick & 50mts the player should have been red carded in fact. Bloody harsh..

Let's put this to you.
- the player hit never went down. It was low force/contact.
- no blood.
- player did not leave the ground or needed the trainer
- I'm guessing the player will be available this week.

So based on this, I think what he said was no the right thing to say and therefore the penalty was way to high for a player to miss 4 weeks of footy and footy payments.

Cmon Deefer, you wouldn't like it if it happen to a Keilor player so at least be consistent and fair on this point. Yes I agree he probably shouldn't have done it and he does play on the edge but his a big unit so probably gets looked at more than other players. Tydell is a ripper bloke who gives his all each week.

Couple of other things:
1- that's 2 weeks in a row a player has been yellow carded/reported playing against Keilor. Is this just a coincidence?

2- Pacco agreed to swap a game last season from a Sat to Sun on the request of Keilor at late notice. So this incident has created a bit of a unrest between the 2 clubs, who previously had a good relationship. I just see it as Keilor being Keilor..

I will give it a rest, but totally am flabbergasted by what's occurred here. Seen a lot worse on a footy field get less weeks or even get off.

Tydell walks a line trying to be an intimidator (ask Sikora) and it seems that this time got done for crossing that line.
Out of curiosity, with many games being recorded was the footage used as evidence?
If not, perhaps the EDFL could introduce recording matches themselves - following the lead of some other comps.

Hey BJ, I did see a video camera set up near the Keilor coaching box. The incident was on the other side but I can only guess the incident was not captured well. or it played on the side of the player reported.

Tydell is a big unit and wears his heart on his sleeve. I guess he is a bit intimidating with his size and he does go straight & hard. I guess with Sika leaving and going to Strathmore there would have been some feeling there but it would have been in good humour. I know both players and they are both good guys who would have shook hands and had a beer afterwards. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when they played at Paccos ground. Couldn't have been to bad as if you ask big Sika he will tell you he had a ball at Pacco and speaks highly of the club. He might be back one day, you never know..

Yes videoing each game would be great and the way forward.

There are degrees of everything. Another poster said he saw the contact albeit not as major as the penalty may reflect. If the umpire says he definitely saw a head but, even if he couldn't attest to the force of the contact, Barbuto had no choice but to say it happened otherwise he gets weeks himself. I have been advocate at the tribunal a few times and as soon as it is admitted they decide if it is a "good look" and penalise accordingly. I had a player reported for jumper punching and the opposition player said that they both were involved in a show of strength but he didn't really notice any contact to his head. Our player said he may have made contact but did not punch him and they gave him three weeks because they said they wanted to stamp that out of the game.

So why would a player get weeks for himself to protect someone who headbut him. I think you are right it was a low act by the player, the Pacco player that is...

Respect your opinion but I've seen worse in the AFL and they get less than what this player got. It's total bulls@@@. Total discrimination because his a big guy. Maybe 1 week was suffice as he has a good record.

Some clubs get treated differently as well.

Oh well hopefully Karma gets them back..

Hey BJ, I did see a video camera set up near the Keilor coaching box. The incident was on the other side but I can only guess the incident was not captured well. or it played on the side of the player reported.

Tydell is a big unit and wears his heart on his sleeve. I guess he is a bit intimidating with his size and he does go straight & hard. I guess with Sika leaving and going to Strathmore there would have been some feeling there but it would have been in good humour. I know both players and they are both good guys who would have shook hands and had a beer afterwards. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when they played at Paccos ground. Couldn't have been to bad as if you ask big Sika he will tell you he had a ball at Pacco and speaks highly of the club. He might be back one day, you never know..

Yes videoing each game would be great and the way forward.

Turbos Mail - PVFC PR Manager, it has a good ring to it.

I definitely think recording games is the way to go, especially with some clubs going to the expense/effort of doing so atm.
It'd be a great way for the league to gain exposure as well by chucking them online.

Turbos Mail - PVFC PR Manager, it has a good ring to it.

I definitely think recording games is the way to go, especially with some clubs going to the expense/effort of doing so atm.
It'd be a great way for the league to gain exposure as well by chucking them online.

Haha. Like it!! But then I will have to give up my BigFooty committments. Lol

I'm more a chance to put my name up to run the EDFL tribunal next season. I will set some standards and be consistent across the board.

Yes mate I'm a bit one eyed but so are a lot of others by what I'm reading. I did provide a fair report on the game that was played in great spirits by both clubs but this just tarnished the game I believe.
The guy doesn't deserve to miss 4 weeks of footy which means he will return in rd 17.

I know you watch a bit of footy and we do tend to disagree at times, but I'm sure if you seen the incident you would support me 100% on this. The correct decision would have been anywhere between a suspended sentence > 2 weeks max. The opposition player just threw him under the bus..
Oh well I guess some clubs stoop to those levels I guess. Sore losers. It's not the way we roll at Pacco...

I'm more a chance to put my name up to run the EDFL tribunal next season. I will set some standards and be consistent across the board.

Yes mate I'm a bit one eyed but so are a lot of others by what I'm reading. I did provide a fair report on the game that was played in great spirits by both clubs but this just tarnished the game I believe.
The guy doesn't deserve to miss 4 weeks of footy which means he will return in rd 17.

I know you watch a bit of footy and we do tend to disagree at times, but I'm sure if you seen the incident you would support me 100% on this. The correct decision would have been anywhere between a suspended sentence > 2 weeks max. The opposition player just threw him under the bus..
Oh well I guess some clubs stoop to those levels I guess. Sore losers. It's not the way we roll at Pacco...

I'm sure you're right, I have a teammate sitting out a few weeks atm for a similarly frustrating incident, so I do get it.
Who knows, the bigfella will probably use it for motivation come finals time.. if so I doubt Pacco would mind too much.

Head butting or attempted head butting is a Dog Act, lucky to walk away with 4 weeks

Some big news from the tribunal. Keilor player no30 lags in Tydell from Pacco who gets 4 weeks based on the players evidence. Pretty ordinary low act from Keilor to dob someone in. Seems like they didn't take the loss to well after all..
It's going to be very interesting when they play again, as he will really cop it next time. Now I know why no Keilor player remonstrated with Tydell, as even his own team mates don't seem to like him.
Inciting violence on social media.
It's probably time the PVFC committee now stepped in to silence you.
I can't believe they have let you go this long.

Your words ..." He will really cop it next time "
You never dob anyone
Your words " Keilor player no30 lags in Tydell ". I'd suggest you just lagged.
Enough from you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey probably got the extra weeks for fighting the charge. Did he plead not guilty at the tribunal?? Should pacco have taken the set penalty. Sometimes the tribunal give you extra for fighting the charge and loosing so this might have been the case

Are you implying that he was instructed by Keilor officials to throw him under the bus at the tribunal? What do they have to gain from doing that? It's not keilor being sore losers, it's an individual player telling his version of the truth at the tribunal and seeing as he was the one that got headbutted he is well within his rights to do it. Individuals handle things differently it was only 1 week ago a Keilor player helped get a west coburg player off a striking charge
I personally didn't think it was worth 4 weeks so can see how your frustrated by that but don't turn it into something it's not,
As for he the he will really cop it next time comment, Seeing as the next time they meet will most likely be in finals this year I'm sure knocking Keilor out of finals will be more important to the players than belting a bloke that already got belted by one of them last time they met

Inciting violence on social media.
It's probably time the PVFC committee now stepped in to silence you.
I can't believe they have let you go this long.

Your words ..." He will really cop it next time "
You never dob anyone
Your words " Keilor player no30 lags in Tydell ". I'd suggest you just lagged.
Enough from you.

Haha. I think you understand my point Jacka.

Didn't a player in div1 get 4 or 5 weeks early this season for a severe hit that caused a "big named" player to leave the field and go in an ambulance. So this incident gets the same weeks. C'mon I'm just so annoyed.
Agree maybe inciting violence is not right but I'm guessing it won't be forgotten. You know what I mean. I always hear idiots yell over the fence for no reason but this is going to create some backlash one way or another.
You of all people should know you just don't do this to another player. Usually they try and help one another as much as possible not completely throw a player under the bus.. Oh well things must have changed out your way..

Are you implying that he was instructed by Keilor officials to throw him under the bus at the tribunal? What do they have to gain from doing that? It's not keilor being sore losers, it's an individual player telling his version of the truth at the tribunal and seeing as he was the one that got headbutted he is well within his rights to do it. Individuals handle things differently it was only 1 week ago a Keilor player helped get a west coburg player off a striking charge
I personally didn't think it was worth 4 weeks so can see how your frustrated by that but don't turn it into something it's not,
As for he the he will really cop it next time comment, Seeing as the next time they meet will most likely be in finals this year I'm sure knocking Keilor out of finals will be more important to the players than belting a bloke that already got belted by one of them last time they met

Fair and honest post Localblues. Take that on board mate.

I've seen similar typed incidents before mainly from full forwards who get nagged and pushed by full backs. Do they get 4 weeks every time!! No they don't.

Let's all be fair dinkum about this, it's not a normal thing for a player to say..

Haha. I think you understand my point Jacka.

Didn't a player in div1 get 4 or 5 weeks early this season for a severe hit that caused a "big named" player to leave the field and go in an ambulance. So this incident gets the same weeks. C'mon I'm just so annoyed.
Agree maybe inciting violence is not right but I'm guessing it won't be forgotten. You know what I mean. I always hear idiots yell over the fence for no reason but this is going to create some backlash one way or another.
You of all people should know you just don't do this to another player. Usually they try and help one another as much as possible not completely throw a player under the bus.. Oh well things must have changed out your way..
For a start ,no ambulance , your info is wrong again, like most of your info on here.
This player found guilty was thrown under a double decker bus by 2 players that seem to be at the tribunal pretty regularly for doing nothing each week , and just seem to get picked on.
And maybe he deserved the weeks. Theirs no whinging here.
Your words , maybe inciting violence is wrong , don't you know that it's wrong or are you that stupid.
Step up PVFC commitee, your club is better than this.

For a start ,no ambulance , your info is wrong again, like most of your info on here.
This player found guilty was thrown under a double decker bus by 2 players that seem to be at the tribunal pretty regularly for doing nothing each week , and just seem to get picked on.
And maybe he deserved the weeks. Theirs no whinging here.
Your words , maybe inciting violence is wrong , don't you know that it's wrong or are you that stupid.
Step up PVFC commitee, your club is better than this.

Go back to where you come from. Your no different complaining. However the difference being this player didn't deserve 4 weeks. No one from PVFC is happy about all this buddy. And why should they be...

Go back to where you come from. Your no different complaining. However the difference being this player didn't deserve 4 weeks. No one from PVFC is happy about all this buddy. And why should they be...
Aren't you able to debate someone when your opinion is clearly out of line with many other people using this forum.
I am not complaining , I am trying to help PVFC.
If you love the club so much put your hand up and do a job their that is positive and constructive instead of getting on here and making PVFC look like their club is full of people like yourself. Negative and down right stupid.

Fair and honest post Localblues. Take that on board mate.

I've seen similar typed incidents before mainly from full forwards who get nagged and pushed by full backs. Do they get 4 weeks every time!! No they don't.

Let's all be fair dinkum about this, it's not a normal thing for a player to say..
I think the 4 weeks is excessive either way lagging or no lagging, had it of been 1-2 weeks like it should of there would be no debate! I agree with the old school mentality of unless it's a King hit, dogs act ect players shouldn't lag but then again I've never been headbutted by a man mountain so it's easy for me to comment lol

Aren't you able to debate someone when your opinion is clearly out of line with many other people using this forum.
I am not complaining , I am trying to help PVFC.
If you love the club so much put your hand up and do a job their that is positive and constructive instead of getting on here and making PVFC look like their club is full of people like yourself. Negative and down right stupid.
Jack's right Turbo , you are Stupid and no-one cares about your opinion on how things could or should be handled. Yes you can give your opinion , but mate , heads up for you, no-one cares as they clearly have no substance. If you have ever served on a footy club committee you know there's nothing worse than individuals wanting to express their idea's and opinions and not willing to get down and dirty to help make them come to fruition!

Jack's right Turbo , you are Stupid and no-one cares about your opinion on how things could or should be handled. Yes you can give your opinion , but mate , heads up for you, no-one cares as they clearly have no substance. If you have ever served on a footy club committee you know there's nothing worse than individuals wanting to express their idea's and opinions and not willing to get down and dirty to help make them come to fruition!

Not sure I'm stupid bang, but each to their own I guess.

My last word on this is all clubs need to be wary of Keilors no30 and Keilor FC, as they will lag you in. I guess they will do whatever it takes to try and win a GF this year.
The difference between helping a WC player against lagging in a PV player is that Keilor see PV as a threat to their chances, so threw the player under the bus hoping he would get more than 4 weeks. He might of to, based on the evidence (lies) no30 was putting forward, but the PV player had a good record.

Time for me to take another self imposed spell, as this stuff is not how I roll. I will help most decent people but don't like this type of "shifty" behaviour in footy, workplace, or in general. Bye!!!

Let's move on, no one is going to get anything out of this... Could be an interesting match up between PV and MP. Also expect Keilor to bounce back with a good win against Mores. Abers might find the going tough at Shore especially if the conditions are wet. DS should win easily as will GV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back