EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

You like Shagga himself, pitching for an extension on his own contract mate. Greenvale's biggest problem moving forward is their juniors. I'm not going to bore the very fine B/F public with the reasons. But if people are interested, just have a look at the ladder positions of their juniors this season. It appears soccer is winning out with juniors in the area.

I agree that Greenvale Juniors numbers have dropped off over the last 3 years and the U18's last batch was the class of 2015. Which is why holding onto the 19-21 Yr Old boys is key for the club.....Someone needs to hold it together. Who better than the current coach.

Wouldn't have a clue. Would have thought the league website would have covered it, but apart from a mention in the match report, there was nothing.

I know the league camera/video captured the player on the ground and pictures of the hurt player, but unsure if they captured the incident as they are not giving much more information out. Think you won't see either player back this season..
Big loss for both sides but you have to really feel for Clarkey and his family and EDS during this time.
Im sure you would all agree Clarkey plays footy the right way for a big guy and doesn't deserve for this to happen to him.

I know the league camera/video captured the player on the ground and pictures of the hurt player, but unsure if they captured the incident as they are not giving much more information out. Think you won't see either player back this season..
Big loss for both sides but you have to really feel for Clarkey and his family and EDS during this time.
Im sure you would all agree Clarkey plays footy the right way for a big guy and doesn't deserve for this to happen to him.

Wasn't the league camera at Div 1 on the weekend? Im sure Match of the Day was Westy v Tulla. I've never seen another league camera at a game other than match of the day so must have been a Keilor or Douttas camera filming the game Turbo!

In recent time, how long after a game does an investigation finish and a tribunal held. Surely a tribunal would have to convene by the Wednesday at the latest.

Wasn't the league camera at Div 1 on the weekend? Im sure Match of the Day was Westy v Tulla. I've never seen another league camera at a game other than match of the day so must have been a Keilor or Douttas camera filming the game Turbo!

Hey mate, had independent cameras at Coburg, Keilor, Glenroy & East Sunbury over the weekend. It's more camera shots than video though as its for the purpose of photos, but it can go into video mode I believe..

This is what happened to a guy in SFL div3 due to a cowardly act. There is no place for it in any sport. Yes we probably agree the odd bit of front on biffo can still occur every now and again and I guess some taggers or defenders scragging might deserve the odd clip, but hits from behind, cheap elbows or when people have their head over the ball and players go the man are just unacceptable.,
image.jpeg

Just interested to get some feedback on how Matt Vasilevski has gone this season. I see he's been the best 4 times with a B.O.G against the bottom side. Good enough return?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been numerous post from people that saw the incident or know of people that saw the incident, yet the player has not been named.

Why???

Because 3 numbers were mentioned by various different posters and it's BF policy in these instances for players not to be named until investigations are carried out. If anyone has an issue they can take it up with the sites Admin.

And let's not forget the Keilor 'Auskick' co ordinator who must be a shining light at the club, we were really proud of his attempts to emulate Danny Green and fight anyone in Doutta Stars supporter apparel

Does the club Condone this sort of behaviour?
As a similar incident happened a fortnight ago with Keilor and Greenvale in the two's game, where a Keilor player had king hit a Greenvale player behind play and sent the kid to hospital.

Not the way the game should be played!!

Does the club Condone this sort of behaviour?
As a similar incident happened a fortnight ago with Keilor and Greenvale in the two's game, where a Keilor player had king hit a Greenvale player behind play and sent the kid to hospital.

Not the way the game should be played!!
Are you referring to the incident on the 3 quarter time siren?

Correct! Which lead to supporters getting involved..

2 home games, 2 opposition players sent home in an ambulance, two king hits!

What message does that send out?
The 3 quarter time incident was an all in brawl (started by a greenvale player laying a heavy sling tackle after the siren had sounded I might add) there was at least 6-8 players from BOTH teams throwing punches!!! The Keilor player who landed "the king hit behind play" was sent off and reported by the umpires, he was given a 2 week ban at the tribunal so I dare say had it of been such a blatant King hit as you say the punishment would have been a lot more severe!!!!
Wasn't behind play, crowd were on the ground due to it being 3 quarter time but other than the odd few gobbing off no one from the crowd got involved physically
But hey lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story

Last edited:
I see that there was an Abers player reporter on Saturday. So the yellow carded should have stood and Abers player with an extra player for 10 minutes. Bruce Kent should ask the edfl and the umpires why the umpires wouldn't allow the head count and why was the yellow carded player allow back on before spending 15 mins off.
From what I'm hearing Abers should have had there score wiped from the time Greenvale ask for the head count. that might have helped Greenvale win the game and change there bid to play finals

I see that there was an Abers player reporter on Saturday. So the yellow carded should have stood and Abers player with an extra player for 10 minutes. Bruce Kent should ask the edfl and the umpires why the umpires wouldn't allow the head count and why was the yellow carded player allow back on before spending 15 mins off.
From what I'm hearing Abers should have had there score wiped from the time Greenvale ask for the head count. that might have helped Greenvale win the game and change there bid to play finals
Or maybe they could concentrate their energy on playing well enough to win on merit and earn their way to a finals spot!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back