EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Milkman, yeah back from suspension..

I did attend the game. Was a big crowd down at Nipper oval with an excellent turnout from the Pacco supporters for an away game as well as the Douttas crowd.
Both sides had some good players missing and the recruits Matt Eagles played due to Nth Ballarat VFL having a bye. Was an intriguing contest between Eagles & Reid with both players doing quite well. The difference was Pacco got off to a good start and held Douttas goal less till about the 10min mark of the 2nd quarter, but it was really all over early. The margin probably flattered Douttas due to Paccos inaccuracy and the fact Douttas kicked the last 4-5 goals when Pacco put the cue in the rack or did the timekeepers go missing as that last qrt went for around 45mins.
Boyd beat Hughes again, with Hughes kicking a few in the last minutes. Jackson & Ross were pretty dominate all day and Harris played well. Thought #3 for Douttas was pretty good and #40 played ok at CHB. Seemed to do a job for his team however I wasn't impressed with his constant niggling, pushing, provoking the opposition player especially when the ball wasn't around, is only going to see someone retaliate and go bang "enough is enough". There has been some recent conversation around unsavoury incidents which is totally unacceptable, but this behaviour is pushing boundaries.
Also seen a couple of incidents which would have bought a 4-6 week suspension to some players if the umpires and league are going to be consistent, but overall it was a good contest but Pacco's class & quality got them home.

Btw- to the person near the car (behind the home side's coaches bench) needs to pull his head in, as swearing at an opposition player at the top of your voice is pretty ordinary. Just because you go to the footy doesn't give you the right to behave like this. You were an embrassment to your club and probably why you stand over there away from the general crowd. Not one scuffle during the game and to hear this with about 5-10mins remaining was a disgrace and not what local football is about.

With regards to the food - BBQ set up near the canteen is a good idea. The hot chips were very nice and freshly cooked while I waited. But I thought I would try a schnitzel roll at 3/4 time. Not good. Not much schnitzel in the roll and the person used her hands (no gloves or thongs) to spread open the roll and put the schnitzel and lettuce in it. YUK, I wasn't happy as not very hygienic at all. Cmon guys lift your game in the canteen. Schnitzel roll rating 1/10. Nowhere close to the mega schnitzel roll at Pacco (which filled me up for the arvo) or the ones at Airport West & Keilor. Do yourself a favour Strathmore supporters and try the Pacco schnitzel roll. Yes they might cost a bit more but gee they are damm good.

Your kidding yourself turbo Hughes kicked 5 and bathed Boyd!!!!

Your kidding yourself turbo Hughes kicked 5 and bathed Boyd!!!!

Hey hotdogs, I did see that Hughes got best for EDS and kicked 5 but remember 3 of those came in the last 10mins when the game was well & truly over. So IMO I thought Boyd played well to keep him quite most of the game. But hey best players are open to different views.

I think the EDS backs tried hard and that guy with the long hair was your best I thought. Can't remember his number but it was 20 something. He gives his all and like him. Jenson played well.

Anyway we agree to disagree I guess. It's all good..

Hey hotdogs, I did see that Hughes got best for EDS and kicked 5 but remember 3 of those came in the last 10mins when the game was well & truly over. So IMO I thought Boyd played well to keep him quite most of the game. But hey best players are open to different views.

I think the EDS backs tried hard and that guy with the long hair was your best I thought. Can't remember his number but it was 20 something. He gives his all and like him. Jenson played well.

Anyway we agree to disagree I guess. It's all good..

Hughes got killed miss two easy set shots in the first quarter could of had us with in a kick rather than 20 down at qtr time.

He let foster drop in front of him for 10+ marks. 1 strong attack on a contest knee up the back type of stuff makes foster think again but he failed to do it.

Then he kicked 3 in the last 7 minutes. 24 point margin flatters Douttas. Should have been 50. And he should only have had a couple. Certainly was not EDS best player.

Hughes got killed miss two easy set shots in the first quarter could of had us with in a kick rather than 20 down at qtr time.

He let foster drop in front of him for 10+ marks. 1 strong attack on a contest knee up the back type of stuff makes foster think again but he failed to do it.

Then he kicked 3 in the last 7 minutes. 24 point margin flatters Douttas. Should have been 50. And he should only have had a couple. Certainly was not EDS best player.

Thanks for clarifing my views Canplay as I did watch the game closely.
Hughes is no doubt a gun player. Not sure his the aggressive type of player but more a silky/smart type of player. Foster is a very good player and very smart. Been an exceptional recruit by Pacco.
Understand where your coming from but the knee in the back stuff is more for when loose players or ruckman constantly fill space. The good thing with Foster is his courageous and willing to spoil if needed.

Maybe a smokey for the comp medal?

What came out of Monday night investigation?

on-going ,

Hey boys not much response from the Keilor lads on this one.
I need to be careful here as admin is watching me on this one. My mail is telling me a certain player responsible is not allowed to play until the tribunal get a reply from Keilor. Yes maybe true a witness is o/s but there are others. Huge loss to lose there main key back leading into finals. Bathie will need to play back in finals now to cover.
It would appear some players are also unhappy about what occurred, so yes there is unrest down at the village. It's probably the first real big issue Mick has had to face, as this has clearly damaged their brand somewhat..

Good Call Turbo, I agree with your assessment. Guns, Deluca and Caruso will feature high in the comp medal count. The word is M.Smith will either play this week or rest another for the final, which I expect them to hold onto a win without risking him. Ive seen a number of younger boys having a run through the seniors this year mostly 2nd year players. A couple of the younger boys playing first year have done well and will make them stronger. A first year player i did notice has played every game so far this year Trifunovic, seems consistant. Another that needs to get better is Townsend had a couple of injuries and will also be good. Reserves boys are pushing hard for selection. If they run for 4 qtrs, they should go deep into the finals. I also here that A number of Clubs have approached the youth at Greenvale to move. the feeder from the 18's is very shallow. That will be a challenge in 2017

A lot of young local talent at the jets, I'm sure a few clubs will come and try and let them away with the promise of senior action rather than floating on the fringes, it'll be important for greenvale to keep those players as very handy with the points system.

Trifunovic has been very solid and consistent this season and Townsend was very good at the start of the season but has seemed to tire of late (still only under 18s) Another senior pre-season should see them improve even further

Another young talent is key position player Sanajko who has improved with every game this season, still has a way to go but is showing promising signs

Milkman are you going to come into the Abers rooms after the game this week? Still not shitty are you?
Rather than speculating on identities perhaps your time is better spent on investigating who is leaking intel to opposition clubs.... perhaps looking in the mirror is more beneficial than looking out a window. Mike from the milkbar once told me "don't tell your right hand what your left hand is doing"

, , what nenefit
I need to be careful here as admin is watching me on this one. My mail is telling me a certain player responsible is not allowed to play until the tribunal get a reply from Keilor. Yes maybe true a witness is o/s but there are others. Huge loss to lose there main key back leading into finals. Bathie will need to play back in finals now to cover.
It would appear some players are also unhappy about what occurred, so yes there is unrest down at the village. It's probably the first real big issue Mick has had to face, as this has clearly damaged their brand somewhat..

never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Truth is tribunal/investigation has been postponed/delayed because "key witness/relation to player is OS"
Nothing to do with keilor,why would keilor delay, what benefit to them. Edfl wont let player play, why???. He hasnt been found guilty, no tribunal decision made????
rubbish about players upset with player. You need to get over the headbutt guilty decision from tribunal. At least your guy knew where he stood, keilor still dont???

, , what nenefit

never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Truth is tribunal/investigation has been postponed/delayed because "key witness/relation to player is OS"
Nothing to do with keilor,why would keilor delay, what benefit to them. Edfl wont let player play, why???. He hasnt been found guilty, no tribunal decision made????
rubbish about players upset with player. You need to get over the headbutt guilty decision from tribunal. At least your guy knew where he stood, keilor still dont???
You clearly have no idea what is happening at your club.. turbo is 100% on the money.

, , what nenefit

Mate your way off the mark here. Maybe think about this a bit more or go down to Keilor and ask some questions. I know full well what's happening but don't wish to elaborate any more other than the player won't be playing this week..

So your telling us all his Keilor team mates are happy with his actions. If so then that's an utter disgrace of a club and they should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing to be proud off mate as the guy went to hospital.

I'm finished with this, but if your from Keilor you might want to think about what your saying as a lot of people involved in footy are disgusted to hear what happened.

Mate your way off the mark here. Maybe think about this a bit more or go down to Keilor and ask some questions. I know full well what's happening but don't wish to elaborate any more other than the player won't be playing this week..

So your telling us all his Keilor team mates are happy with his actions. If so then that's an utter disgrace of a club and they should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing to be proud off mate as the guy went to hospital.

I'm finished with this, but if your from Keilor you might want to think about what your saying as a lot of people involved in footy are disgusted to hear what happened.

gees you are good turbo, no way is anyone anywhere "happy" or "proud" of the broken jaw clarkey has. He is a great guy and i hate to think of the worry to him and his family of all of this,we all hope he recovers well and quickly. get the tribunal to do this, get it done, Make a decision, Take the outcome snd move on.main point is the best and quickest result for clarkey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm
Rather than speculating on identities perhaps your time is better spent on investigating who is leaking intel to opposition clubs.... perhaps looking in the mirror is more beneficial than looking out a window. Mike from the milkbar once told me "don't tell your right hand what your left hand is doing"

I'm so glad you learnt something off mike from the milk bar, great life lesson off a milk bar owner, any other amazing quotes you can share with us on here you well educated man? #embarrising

Well

, , what nenefit

Oh the poor little fella he's missed 2 weeks so far . How about we take those 2 weeks and any more he misses and take them off the 16 weeks suspension he is about to receive.

Pretty ordinary game today Pacco v Strathmore in front of a good crowd. Strathmore supporters showing up in good numbers as well. Apparently SM had 4 out (McIntosh, Urch and others) and Pacco had 4 out (Ross, Urqhart and others)
The difference's in the end were:
1- Pacco only had 2 on the bench after 1/2 time with 2 talls not appearing after the break. Rested or injured I'm not certain, but it's not the best way if they intended to play only a 1/2 as surely they could have played twos..
2- Matt Little kicking 5 goals and a couple in the last being telling goals. But he was a main focal point. Tighe dominated the ruck and probably BOG.

Pacco had a shot on the siren which was spoiled just short of the line. Not sure either side went overly hard with nothing to play for really.
Young West, who is only 15/16 years old did quite well and has a bright future. His kicking is not the best but a good size and he can find the footy. As a footy follower you have to admire this premier competetion as for a 15 year old to play and be treated with respect against a finals bound team is great. Not sure he will go onto follow his dad and play AFL (on today's performance) but his a talent and will be a great senior player for Strathmore in years to come. Well done to Strathmore for giving him a game and to Pacco for treating him as a normal player. Great stuff to both clubs..

I'm

I'm so glad you learnt something off mike from the milk bar, great life lesson off a milk bar owner, any other amazing quotes you can share with us on here you well educated man? #embarrising
4 points is a fair start intel leak wow wee

Pretty ordinary game today Pacco v Strathmore in front of a good crowd. Strathmore supporters showing up in good numbers as well. Apparently SM had 4 out (McIntosh, Urch and others) and Pacco had 4 out (Ross, Urqhart and others)
The difference's in the end were:
1- Pacco only had 2 on the bench after 1/2 time with 2 talls not appearing after the break. Rested or injured I'm not certain, but it's not the best way if they intended to play only a 1/2 as surely they could have played twos..
2- Matt Little kicking 5 goals and a couple in the last being telling goals. But he was a main focal point. Tighe dominated the ruck and probably BOG.

Pacco had a shot on the siren which was spoiled just short of the line. Not sure either side went overly hard with nothing to play for really.
Young West, who is only 15/16 years old did quite well and has a bright future. His kicking is not the best but a good size and he can find the footy. As a footy follower you have to admire this premier competetion as for a 15 year old to play and be treated with respect against a finals bound team is great. Not sure he will go onto follow his dad and play AFL (on today's performance) but his a talent and will be a great senior player for Strathmore in years to come. Well done to Strathmore for giving him a game and to Pacco for treating him as a normal player. Great stuff to both clubs..
There was a 16yr old playing in a final today for Craigieburn today. From all reports wasn't target by Tulla. I think that's good for footy cause Tulla had every right to rough him up early in a final

I'm

I am neither here or there on the argument, but seriously mango if you cannot understand a metaphor/analogy when provided with a good one, possibly best to say nothing rather than attempting to insult. As for #embarrising, try #bestuseadictionary

Last edited:

Strathmore actually had two Under 16s playing. West playing his first senior game and Jury playing his second after debuting last week alongside another young boy from the U18s. West was named Vic Metro’s MVP in the recent U16 carnival so he is travelling quite well.

It was great to see Strathmore salvage something from the season and with the quality and number of juniors coming through (3 x U16 Prelims, and Grand Finals for U14D1, U12D1 and U10D1 this year) I think the club is well placed for the Points/Salary Cap era. Sixteen junior flags since 2013 is an indication the program put in place then is working. I suspect this focus on junior football will eventually lead to on field rewards in Seniors.

Strathmore actually had two Under 16s playing. West playing his first senior game and Jury playing his second after debuting last week alongside another young boy from the U18s. West was named Vic Metro’s MVP in the recent U16 carnival so he is travelling quite well.

It was great to see Strathmore salvage something from the season and with the quality and number of juniors coming through (3 x U16 Prelims, and Grand Finals for U14D1, U12D1 and U10D1 this year) I think the club is well placed for the Points/Salary Cap era. Sixteen junior flags since 2013 is an indication the program put in place then is working. I suspect this focus on junior football will eventually lead to on field rewards in Seniors.

Yeah great for the Mores to Salvage something out of the season after going out and spending huge on blokes who didn't deliver resulting in the coach getting the a*se halfway through the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back