EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

And sick of flogs getting on here thinking they can compare local Clubs & AFL Clubs. Fact is AFL Clubs are run with hundreds of PAID employee's, it's a Job(no-one expects you to be loyal to your company, it is expected you will move on if a better opportunity comes up, encouraged in good workplaces), Local clubs are run by a few dedicated VOLUNTEERS(It is not a Job, it is a passion)... Play Local Footy and be loyal, you will be paid back in spades, if not don't complain about not being treated well...

Some merit in what you say. It's local footy ffs and the $$cannot be sustained. Some leagues are realising, others sticking their head in the sand. Want big bucks play AFL. And before someone states it, yes the league and the clubs allow it to happen, big bucks that is...

His brother has been involved at Greenvale since nearly day 1 and his two nephews, Jacob and Jarryed play there. He wouldn't be the first coach who didn't want to coach his son so no surprise that he wouldn't want to coach at Abers.

Rose signing with Avondale tonight . You can donate the pineapple to the Les Twentyman foundation thanks Turbo . Cheers mate
Any word on this Bully? Would have thought you'd be on here as soon as pen hit paper.
Hold all tickets Turbo. I said Keilor would shorten.

Hadfield Hawks Football Club are looking for fresh new players for 2017, any players of all abilities and ages who aren't getting an opportunity and want to expose themselves to the possibility of playing senior footy email me smarchitto@gmail.com

Hearing a number of Strathmore players (including some homegrowns) could be on the move, following Ash Arrowsmith to East Keilor.

Star, can you shed any light?

Cant remember an offseason with so many high profile players leaving clubs and the league, suspect its a result of the ridiculous points system and salary cap.

Hearing a number of Strathmore players (including some homegrowns) could be on the move, following Ash Arrowsmith to East Keilor.

Star, can you shed any light?

I am also hearing these rumours. Strathmore players slowly being squeezed out perhaps. if true will certainly be a big loss for strathmore

I am also hearing these rumours. Strathmore players slowly being squeezed out perhaps. if true will certainly be a big loss for strathmore

Under this salary cap it's going to be very hard to recruit 2 ex AFL players especially when both played a fair bit of footy, they are not AFL players playing mostly 2s footy. Keep in mind McIntosh in his second year so it's 3 recent ex AFL players they have.
It's great to have these players in our comp but just very difficult for clubs now with this cap & points stuff..

It's probably only Abers & Keilor that can sustain them as they have the best 18s in our comp. Soon you "might" find u/19s coaches will be paid almost like a senior coach as they will responsible for development..

All's quiet on the tram boys.
More at the end of the line were I have smoko. Won't bore you with APW news but they are confident they'll go ok. Signed a few Darwin boys, hope they stick around.
Greenvale? Few names thrown up as coach. Trying to figure out why Paul Chapman, who had links to Strathmore last year, who has bought and demolished a house in the 3041 area, has opted out/sacked after one successful season in the WRFL. You'd think Werribee Districts were ready to reload and go again.
Talk of Mark Thomson?
I'm thinking Paul Chapman.
Not news or what I've heard just thinking whilst at the wheel.
Depot! Parked!
Router

Still liking my $4:50 Bully.
Just so ya's know texting and tram driving is perfectly safe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant remember an offseason with so many high profile players leaving clubs and the league, suspect its a result of the ridiculous points system and salary cap.

beginning to sound like Turbos mail there :p:p

are players are leaving because they have not received the $ match payments ? :eek::eek:

Last edited:
All's quiet on the tram boys.
More at the end of the line were I have smoko. Won't bore you with APW news but they are confident they'll go ok. Signed a few Darwin boys, hope they stick around.
Greenvale? Few names thrown up as coach. Trying to figure out why Paul Chapman, who had links to Strathmore last year, who has bought and demolished a house in the 3041 area, has opted out/sacked after one successful season in the WRFL. You'd think Werribee Districts were ready to reload and go again.
Talk of Mark Thomson?
I'm thinking Paul Chapman.
Not news or what I've heard just thinking whilst at the wheel.
Depot! Parked!
Router

Still liking my $4:50 Bully.
Just so ya's know texting and tram driving is perfectly safe.
I didn't realise another update was needed after the last one . Done and dusted on Monday. Turbo the Twentyman foundation is waiting.

Evening folks I popped in to see Mad Max from Melton tonight and he tells me former Sunbury coach Rick Horwood will be off to Canning Street to take up the coaching position. It was earlier reported that AH had landed a big fish? Is R. Horwood a big fish? Not in my opinion

I bumped into Mad Max from Melton the other night whilst he was sifting through some stolen car parts and he provided me with some startling details. The news is good for the players currently owed money at Abers. The startling bit is the timing of these payments. Installment number 1 will be made after the Melbourne Cup! Why is it so? Perhaps the powers to be are going to throw everything at a $10 pop and try and come up with the funds. Installment number 2 wait for it ...... After next years junior registration day. Do we sense a cashflow issue at Clifton Park?
Mad Max also tells me McLean, Cubillo and Allen all looking at a move but Blackwell is staying. Very Interesting if in fact it's true

Not true hack!

Evening folks I popped in to see Mad Max from Melton tonight and he tells me former Sunbury coach Rick Horwood will be off to Canning Street to take up the coaching position. It was earlier reported that AH had landed a big fish? Is R. Horwood a big fish? Not in my opinion
You must have selective reading outback . The post had words "waiting on" and "if" , not " had landed" . Looks like you just wanted to have a dig at good footy person.

You must have selective reading outback . The post had words "waiting on" and "if" , not " had landed" . Looks like you just wanted to have a dig at good footy person.
Certainly not having a dig at Rick wonderful footy person Bully. When a big fish was mentioned thought it may have been a big name ex AFL or something. Goodluck to him if in fact he gets the nod

Remove this Banner Ad

Back