EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Doona it's a great idea.
Sat arvo
Reserves at 11
Seniors at 1:30
19s at 4

Problem is that clubs like Abers & Strathmore don't have sufficient lights to host night games so the league won't do it..I think it should be implemented as of next season.

Friday nights are out due to junior footy and women's footy.

I'm sure a well versed person overseeing fixtures could field requests, circumstances etc prior and implement a flexible schedule if it meant keeping young blokes involved.

As for the going out bit Queen100 raised, don't the night spots fire up later I the evening? Games would be done by 8pm or so

I'm sure a well versed person overseeing fixtures could field requests, circumstances etc prior and implement a flexible schedule if it meant keeping young blokes involved.

As for the going out bit Queen100 raised, don't the night spots fire up later I the evening? Games would be done by 8pm or so

Yes Doona, game finishes at about 7 so plenty of time to head out. Think most noteclubs don't fire up till 10-11. S be time for Couple of starters. Lol

Great ideas d as you mentioned the clubs will make some extra coin as well. Bigger crowds for the boys to play under as well I assume.

How many flags for Abers tomorrow 0,1, 2 or 3
If they win 2 out of the 3 grand final, it will be a good day for them
My Tips for the grand final
Under 19 - Marby vs Abers
Reserves - Greenvale vs Abers
Seniors - Abers vs Greenvale

Best on Ground Medal - Kyle Reimers

Marby
Greenvale
Greenvale
-parthenopoulos BOG

Marby
Greenvale
Abers
BOG cubillo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abers were very good. Totally deserved the win.

Greenvale were very undisciplined and it cost them big time. Umpires pinged them every time. The one time Aberfeldie were the umpire ignored it. Addam Maric was well and truly slowed down by the hamstring injury last week and in hindsight probably shouldn't have played.

Abers far too good. Very good team effort. The game was really a non contest from half time. Not even sure who the best was. Well done to Potter. Might finally get some credit. They really timed their run perfectly. The looked fitter, stronger and simply better than Gvale. They dominated the game and nobody good dispute them celebrating for a long long time,

G'vale i guess had a good year but looked banged up, played inj players and didn't give a wimper.

The EDFL is becoming unwatchable. The umpiring is beyond disgraceful. It contributes to the frustration of the players and as a supporter you literally have no idea what free kicks are for. The sheer volume of free kicks is scary. These kids think that running in paying free kicks left right and centre means controlling things are so far off the mark it's not funny. You'll say we need to support the umps rah rah but it's simply at such a poor level.

Abers far too good. Very good team effort. The game was really a non contest from half time. Not even sure who the best was. Well done to Potter. Might finally get some credit. They really timed their run perfectly. The looked fitter, stronger and simply better than Gvale. They dominated the game and nobody good dispute them celebrating for a long long time,

G'vale i guess had a good year but looked banged up, played inj players and didn't give a wimper.

The EDFL is becoming unwatchable. The umpiring is beyond disgraceful. It contributes to the frustration of the players and as a supporter you literally have no idea what free kicks are for. The sheer volume of free kicks is scary. These kids think that running in paying free kicks left right and centre means controlling things are so far off the mark it's not funny. You'll say we need to support the umps rah rah but it's simply at such a poor level.
How'd the Abers runner perform? turbo?

This so many off the ball free kicks a push to the chest should never be a free kick ever. Its a grand final FFS let the players play we don't pay our money to watch the umpires. Not sure how Blackwell gets bog well held got a few cheapies in the last quarter josh Toy bog for me. That being said Abers were to good .

This so many off the ball free kicks a push to the chest should never be a free kick ever. Its a grand final FFS let the players play we don't pay our money to watch the umpires. Not sure how Blackwell gets bog well held got a few cheapies in the last quarter josh Toy bog for me. That being said Abers were to good .

And if they dont pay them it turns into all in brawls. Dont blame the umpires for selfish and undisciplined footballers.

This so many off the ball free kicks a push to the chest should never be a free kick ever. Its a grand final FFS let the players play we don't pay our money to watch the umpires. Not sure how Blackwell gets bog well held got a few cheapies in the last quarter josh Toy bog for me. That being said Abers were to good .[/QUOT

Agree about the umpires. Very ordinary. Saw a free kick in the second quarter, in abers deep forward pocket. Khoury standing over Peters I think it was. Khoury pushed him while he was still on the ground, umpire saw fit to award a free kick. Kind of summed up the day for the umps. Having said that, the jets didn't fire a shot. After watching them run in droves last week, they seemed more content in playing the man, rather than the ball all day. Abers way too good, but it was a fairly ordinary finish to an otherwise great season of premier division.

And if they dont pay them it turns into all in brawls. Dont blame the umpires for selfish and undisciplined footballers.
Two Planks you have to agree that the umpiring was crap. The many undisciplined acts were frustration at the umpires dubious and very one sided decisions. The only thing more terrible than Greenvales performance was the umpires. Pay the frees that are there, I agree but do it for both sides. Piss poor umpiring will cause just as many brawls as not paying decisions. A battered Greenvale against a fired up Abers was going to be difficult enough. Season rant over. Congrats to the Abers boys and Potter. Well done and congrats on a great effort today. Well deserved and reward for hard work.

Two Planks you have to agree that the umpiring was crap. The many undisciplined acts were frustration at the umpires dubious and very one sided decisions. The only thing more terrible than Greenvales performance was the umpires. Pay the frees that are there, I agree but do it for both sides. Piss poor umpiring will cause just as many brawls as not paying decisions. A battered Greenvale against a fired up Abers was going to be difficult enough. Season rant over. Congrats to the Abers boys and Potter. Well done and congrats on a great effort today. Well deserved and reward for hard work.

I have seen Abers 4 times this year and they have had a dream run from the umpires on all occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back