EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

20% of the cap is around 50k>. Can't imagine any club paying him this amount which equates to over 2500 per game. I like Shylo, but his not worth that figure IMO. Probably on about 1/2 that figure I would say. "If true" and I question this, it's no wonder Douttas are in strife with payments. He wouldn't be in Douttas top 5 players so imagine what the others must be getting. Allan must be on 100k Lol. As I said his a very good competitive player who gives his all and is well liked, but I question his disposal under pressure in premier footy.

Another subject:
-Have all coaches been reappointed?
-Will all clubs be looking to employ "paid" Football Managers.
-I'm hearing the points allocation will be increased due to no more VFL development footy. This will allow the players to flow back into community footy.

Smith at his best (2015 form) is clearly in Douttas best 5. Injuries and holidays have cruelled his last couple of years.

Another subject:
-I'm hearing the points allocation will be increased due to no more VFL development footy. This will allow the players to flow back into community footy.

Seems Football Managers are the next big thing. If a pretty handy player was partially employed in such a role for his club, would it fall outside the cap?

Don't get me wrong I like the concept as it's getting increasingly harder on volunteers to manage what is getting further and further away from local grassroots footy. Christ one day i might even look at it too ha ha

20% of the cap is around 50k>. Can't imagine any club paying him this amount which equates to over 2500 per game. I like Shylo, but his not worth that figure IMO. Probably on about 1/2 that figure I would say. "If true" and I question this, it's no wonder Douttas are in strife with payments. He wouldn't be in Douttas top 5 players so imagine what the others must be getting. Allan must be on 100k Lol. As I said his a very good competitive player who gives his all and is well liked, but I question his disposal under pressure in premier footy.

Another subject:
So what is the latest Turbo?
With all the players now available from the development league something will need to happen. I can see a few U19's that want exposure to senior footy may look to Div 1 clubs for the opportunity. Others will be looking to change leagues. Only the best will get a run in senior or reserves.

So what is the latest Turbo?
With all the players now available from the development league something will need to happen. I can see a few U19's that want exposure to senior footy may look to Div 1 clubs for the opportunity. Others will be looking to change leagues. Only the best will get a run in senior or reserves.

Any news on departures or imports for next season I hear Avondale are re loading

Donald McDonald has now committed for the 2018/19 seasons, which is great news for the club. There have been a couple of very good inclusions for 2018 announced last night at Best and Fairest, with more to follow.

Best and Fairest Cameron Wood 122 votes, Runner Up Matt Cravino 120 votes, Third Charlie Nastasi 82 votes.

Donald McDonald has now committed for the 2018/19 seasons, which is great news for the club. There have been a couple of very good inclusions for 2018 announced last night at Best and Fairest, with more to follow.

Best and Fairest Cameron Wood 122 votes, Runner Up Matt Cravino 120 votes, Third Charlie Nastasi 82 votes.

Drew Petrie ???

Maric won Greenvale's BnF last night polling 146 votes, followed by F. Caruso on 88 and Deluca in third on 72

Will the EDFL ho with the traditional 3 Division Under 19 comp technically all clubs should have a influx of bottom age players feeding from the Under 17 2017 crop.

Will the EDFL ho with the traditional 3 Division Under 19 comp technically all clubs should have a influx of bottom age players feeding from the Under 17 2017 crop.
That all depends on how many of them stop playing, how many are available to play at clubs other than the big ones and other factors.

That all depends on how many of them stop playing, how many are available to play at clubs other than the big ones and other factors.
What if the under 11s and 13s play Saturday morning before the reserves and the Under 19s play at 2:30 Sunday Afternoon after the 15s and 17s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if the under 11s and 13s play Saturday morning before the reserves and the Under 19s play at 2:30 Sunday Afternoon after the 15s and 17s
A change of day or time could work. I can't see moving the reserves to an earlier time slot on Saturday as some guys work for a few hours and then go and play. I think the EDFL won't make any changes next season at least.

A change of day or time could work. I can't see moving the reserves to an earlier time slot on Saturday as some guys work for a few hours and then go and play. I think the EDFL won't make any changes next season at least.
No need to change reserves the 11s start at 8:30 followed by the 13s and finish before the Reseves and the kids and parents can stay and support the seniors

No need to change reserves the 11s start at 8:30 followed by the 13s and finish before the Reseves and the kids and parents can stay and support the seniors
Do you have kids? Switching to a Saturday would make it hard to play other sports. Basketball mainly and tennis Saturday mornings for the age you mentioned.
Also playing the odd 8:30 game sux. Every week would be a nightmare. From my own experience most kids don't want to be there that time of day and don't perform.

Do you have kids? Switching to a Saturday would make it hard to play other sports. Basketball mainly and tennis Saturday mornings for the age you mentioned.
Also playing the odd 8:30 game sux. Every week would be a nightmare. From my own experience most kids don't want to be there that time of day and don't perform.
Are you serious is it about you or your kids

I agree, most 13 year olds don't want to get out of bed on a Saturday till around 10.30.

Are you serious is it about you or your kids
Feel like I'm wasting my time replying to such an idiotic comment but wtf. Run me through your kids sporting time table from early am Saturday until whatever time want to throw up in the pm Sunday.
See how we compare! I try not to miss one minute of my kids sport and it's not only footy. See time of post? I get up early!

Have you seen what the grounds look like at 8:30am in June & July.. Is an inch of dew and frost on the ground, would be horrendous to play footy and totally chop up the surface and would be a mud heap by 2:15 for the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back