EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Douttas flying at the moment. At this stage you would think them, Keilor and Abers at the pointy end. Greenvale, Marby Pacco fighting for the rest.

Big call mate. Got to beat one of the top teams first, not Avondale and Craigieburn. Injury list is hurting at the moment and with Shylo, Allan and Langtry all missing the next 2 against Pascoe Vale and Aberfeldie I can't see them beating either. There is a group of young guys going overseas shortly too which will further test their depth. Abers, Marby, Keilor & Pascoe Vale going to be very difficult to dislodge from top 4, not to mention Greenvale.

I do. From what I witness Saturday Craigieburn wouldn't make finals in division 1.
Until EDS win games against genuine top 4 sides from past years like Keilor Abers Greenvale and PV they are Just doing what they have to. I say Abers would be flying knocked off Greenvale then smashed Keilor, two genuine gun sides in past years. If EDS are still top 2 after 9 rounds then you can say they are flying. Considering they lost there only tough game you can say they are flying

You mustn't rate Keilor either then.

Big call mate. Got to beat one of the top teams first, not Avondale and Craigieburn. Injury list is hurting at the moment and with Shylo, Allan and Langtry all missing the next 2 against Pascoe Vale and Aberfeldie I can't see them beating either. There is a group of young guys going overseas shortly too which will further test their depth. Abers, Marby, Keilor & Pascoe Vale going to be very difficult to dislodge from top 4, not to mention Greenvale.

Injuries may be the end of Marby. Heard they received a few on sat and aren't known to have much depth.
Greenvale will test them this sat

Injuries may be the end of Marby. Heard they received a few on sat and aren't known to have much depth.
Greenvale will test them this sat

The boys from the club tell me that there is much more depth at Marby this year than any previous years.
Had 11 in the reserves on the weekend that have played senior footy last/this year.

Not saying that the quality is the same but Marby 2s are on top with a percentage of 300
So long as it's not more than 3-4 injuires at a time (the boys tell me there is 2 that will miss from last week vs Paccoe) I think they will be ok but I could be completely wrong.

Very interested to see how they go this week.
It'll show us were they're at I suppose.

The boys from the club tell me that there is much more depth at Marby this year than any previous years.
Had 11 in the reserves on the weekend that have played senior footy last/this year.

Not saying that the quality is the same but Marby 2s are on top with a percentage of 300
So long as it's not more than 3-4 injuires at a time (the boys tell me there is 2 that will miss from last week vs Paccoe) I think they will be ok but I could be completely wrong.

Very interested to see how they go this week.
It'll show us were they're at I suppose.

Have heard more than 2 out.
Baravi
Martinello
One of the Prowse
White
And Castello was stretchered off in the third with a back injury. Heard on the grapevine he was spotted at milleara mall yesterday being pushed around in a wheel chair. Doesn't sound too good. Hopefully he recovers as he's a great bloke.

They are a proven finals team. EDS aren't. 1 finals series in like the last 15 years in A grade not a good record

So you rate Keilor extremely high but don't rate Douttas game against them ?
Then let's ignore all current lists and this years results and start finals next week.
We can calculate the best four teams of the last 15 years and they can fill the spots.
May as well considering anyone who doesn't have recent finals form isn't a chance to impact finals this year.

Baravi
Martinello
One of the Prowse
White
And Castello was stretchered off in the third with a back injury. Heard on the grapevine he was spotted at milleara mall yesterday being pushed around in a wheel chair. Doesn't sound too good. Hopefully he recovers as he's a great bloke.

Those names would certainly change Marby's fortunes in the short term, Martinello looks as good as anyone in the Comp. They do have 3 wins in the bank so that helps.

Baravi
Martinello
One of the Prowse
White

Did that grapevine have any grapes on it ?
Don't believe everything you hear !!

I think Tom Hardy just likes making things up to get people's reaction.
Let's face EDS could become just like APW, AH & PV they are all talk and so far failed to deliver.
APW finished 3rd in 2013 now they are in 1st division.
AH finished top in 2014 and went out in straight sets. Only beat APW last year to survive relegation.
PV have talked themselves up in 2015-2016 and failed to win a final.

They do however have the best coach in the EDFL in my opinion. Just in front of Castello. With Mick and Potter equal 3rd

I think most of you make some good points. I am interested in which teams currently have the least amount of NEW recruits this season and lowest points that will see them do better than the clubs that have spent heaps and carry high points.....Marby played with 48 and I expect to play finals. Strathmore have spent heaps and run high player points 46-48 and I don't expect them in the top 6

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's face EDS could become just like APW, AH & PV they are all talk and so far failed to deliver.
AH finished top in 2014 and went out in straight sets. Only beat APW last year to survive relegation.

They do however have the best coach in the EDFL in my opinion. Just in front of Castello. With Mick and Potter equal 3rd

You were going well when you used all these facts to say why Douttas still have a lot to prove, then you go and say Castello is a better coach than Mick or Potter with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Maybe Tom Hardy was just giving his opinion on where he thinks Douttas are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Airport West failed for 1 reason. They spent their money on the wrong players.

Any truth Shylo hammy worst then first thought and out for 12 weeks, effectively the season? If so, big blow to EDS finals aspirations.

Baravi
Martinello
One of the Prowse
White

did you hear greenvale, pacco, keilor, abbers and eds's injuries now? every team will have their depth tested no matter what.

You were going well when you used all these facts to say why Douttas still have a lot to prove, then you go and say Castello is a better coach than Mick or Potter with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Maybe Tom Hardy was just giving his opinion on where he thinks Douttas are at.
I look on how he is getting improvement at that club. Both sides are top 2 and the 19's are a massive improvement.
When I played against Marby the club only worried about was the seniors.
With a smaller budget then both Mick and potter he has done a fantastic job in turning that club around after GA left. The other 2 are great coaches but they took over sides that had played finals and even grand finals. Where as Costello has taken a team from relegation zone to a top 4 contentor in all 3 grades

I look on how he is getting improvement at that club. Both sides are top 2 and the 19's are a massive improvement.
When I played against Marby the club only worried about was the seniors.
With a smaller budget then both Mick and potter he has done a fantastic job in turning that club around after GA left. The other 2 are great coaches but they took over sides that had played finals and even grand finals. Where as Costello has taken a team from relegation zone to a top 4 contentor in all 3 grades

And Dean Wallis has taken a team from B Grade to a top 4 contender, so how do you rate him.

I
And Dean Wallis has taken a team from B Grade to a top 4 contender, so how do you rate him.
if you read my first comment I rate him the best
My order
Wallis
Castello
Mick
Potter
Morell
Bugden

Contessa/Hardingham, Chapman, horwood, Grima (to early to judge)

Airport West failed for 1 reason. They spent their money on the wrong players.

Interesting view 2Planks if your referring to recruits that got them to premier and played the next few years. These recruits were pretty good. Think they fell down with some other recruiting and maybe lacked a good stable succession plan as they were heading upwards and but fell quickly. The recruitment of Cupido will take some years to recover from as well.

I

if you read my first comment I rate him the best
My order
Wallis
Castello
Mick
Potter
Morell
Bugden

Contessa/Hardingham, Chapman, horwood, Grima (to early to judge)

Hey EDFL, I think Wallis is the only coach in your top 6 to have been involved at AFL level, so he really should have the best skill set and contacts to draw from. He is most likely on decent coin and has Barnard helping him who was General Manager of VFL club Box Hill if my memory is correct. So not a bad combination if you can afford it I guess..

I also think Castello is one of the best and doing an outstanding job with a budget of less than the 2 big named coaches. But his very respected and popular and also had plenty of contacts from his role with Werribee.

Wallis, Castello, Hardingham, Grima the new modern day coaches and the others more old school background. They don't yell & scream as much as Mighty Mick but gee he has still can deliver a passionate speech..

Interesting view 2Planks if your referring to recruits that got them to premier and played the next few years. These recruits were pretty good. Think they fell down with some other recruiting and maybe lacked a good stable succession plan as they were heading upwards and but fell quickly. The recruitment of Cupido will take some years to recover from as well.

Hey EDFL, I think Wallis is the only coach in your top 6 to have been involved at AFL level, so he really should have the best skill set and contacts to draw from. He is most likely on decent coin and has Barnard helping him who was General Manager of VFL club Box Hill if my memory is correct. So not a bad combination if you can afford it I guess..

I also think Castello is one of the best and doing an outstanding job with a budget of less than the 2 big named coaches. But his very respected and popular and also had plenty of contacts from his role with Werribee.

Wallis, Castello, Hardingham, Grima the new modern day coaches and the others more old school background. They don't yell & scream as much as Mighty Mick but gee he has still can deliver a passionate speech..
Agree Mick is a real motivator just like MacPherson was at Greenvale.
I think you'll find potter was involved at coburg when aligned with Richmond and willy when with bulldogs so would have got experience from there AFL coaches. Same said for Costello at Werribee.
Every other coach has been involved at AFL level expect Horwood. But he spend a few years under Mick so that will help him.
Probably got the best coaches in EDFL that we ever had.

Mighty Mick was at St Kilda under Thomas i believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back