EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey on another subject do we think the EDFL works hard enough with local councils to improve playing conditions? Some of the grounds (like most metro leagues) could do with some work to improve drainage in winter. I'm not saying a total makeover but hear some issues that clubs might have and get an expert to see what can be done. I hear there is someone out the Riddel way who is good at this stuff.

Hey on another subject do we think the EDFL works hard enough with local councils to improve playing conditions? Some of the grounds (like most metro leagues) could do with some work to improve drainage in winter. I'm not saying a total makeover but hear some issues that clubs might have and get an expert to see what can be done. I hear there is someone out the Riddel way who is good at this stuff.
They can start at Raeburn Reserve

They can start at Raeburn Reserve

That's interesting as the surface is one of the best in the league most months of the year, but it doesn't seem to cope with a lot of rain but recovers quickly. The surface is green & lush but it's not that new "all weather" surface. If you went to both Keilor Res & Raeburn Res you would say Raeburn is in great nick, yet Keilor Res was only recently completely overhauled. That's why I prefer the lush surface "but" it does need some TLC.
I'm sure most clubs would like some assistance especially now with the points system which encourages clubs to increase there junior numbers.

Looks like the VAFA will have the points system. Just read an article online

They're going to put it to the clubs this week.

Interesting to note that most VAFA clubs sit in the low 40's, including all of the premiership teams from last season, due to VAFA teams generally recruiting from the affiliated schools or juniors. It shouldn't have any real impact if the 50 point limit is brought in, which is likely where it will be. The larger impact would actually be on the lower grades where there are less affiliations with feeder clubs/schools.

Afl vic are kidding yeah. What is the EDFL doing, bugger all. Ok so all ammo clubs have allocated 50points even the lower grades. WRFL have 50points in all grades. EDFL have 50points in all grades. I thought they named our division PREMIER for a reason, but we will work to 50 as well. Cmon wake up, this is not about equalisation but more about containing what EDFL premier & EDL can recruit as both leagues appear to be getting stronger each year. Teams like Balwyn, Noble Park, Abers, Greenvale etc becoming major attractions for good players chasing money. Some of these clubs would challenge some VFL teams like Frankston,Coburg etc..

Afl vic are kidding yeah. What is the EDFL doing, bugger all. Ok so all ammo clubs have allocated 50points even the lower grades. WRFL have 50points in all grades. EDFL have 50points in all grades. I thought they named our division PREMIER for a reason, but we will work to 50 as well. Cmon wake up, this is not about equalisation but more about containing what EDFL premier & EDL can recruit as both leagues appear to be getting stronger each year. Teams like Balwyn, Noble Park, Abers, Greenvale etc becoming major attractions for good players chasing money. Some of these clubs would challenge some VFL teams like Frankston,Coburg etc..

What the issue Turbos Mail on the 50 points? its coming in for 2016 season, so accept it and move on and stop having a whinge about it.

Isn't this exactly what equalization is about ?

Its gives the bottom sides of premier a chance to compete. In the current environment if my side (Westmeadows) were fortunate enough to win div 1 we couldn't compete against the top 7 sides due to what clubs are spending.

With the points system it evens it out. Westmeadows and Abers would both have 50 points. Eventually over time the spending will reduce as you can only have a certain amount of points to "spend" on. If you have a strong junior program in place and can foster an environment to bring these kids through it gives you a fighting chance.

Turbs old mate remove your flash Pacco hoodie i think its having an impact on your judgment. U boys would need a 100 point limit to fit all of your high paid recruits in. Do u really have the best interests of the league at heart? Or will Pacco be forced to play a heap of ressie boys in the 1's to comply with the points cap?

Turbs old mate remove your flash Pacco hoodie i think its having an impact on your judgment. U boys would need a 100 point limit to fit all of your high paid recruits in. Do u really have the best interests of the league at heart? Or will Pacco be forced to play a heap of ressie boys in the 1's to comply with the points cap?
Sounding like someone who needs to tell a few high priced recruits they'll be stuck in the reserves in Round 1 because they can't fit them under the points cap.

Pacco have a history of irresponsible recruiting, not surprised they're bleeding about the points system.

The cap is 50 points, it won't be changing, it's been clear for some time now, and any club who elected to ignore that and go out recklessly recruiting thinking they'd have 60 points better get ready to start wiping the blood off the carpet.

Sounding like someone who needs to tell a few high priced recruits they'll be stuck in the reserves in Round 1 because they can't fit them under the points cap.

Pacco have a history of irresponsible recruiting, not surprised they're bleeding about the points system.

The cap is 50 points, it won't be changing, it's been clear for some time now, and any club who elected to ignore that and go out recklessly recruiting thinking they'd have 60 points better get ready to start wiping the blood off the carpet.

Never liked carpet anyway footy man, much prefer floorboards as easier to clean. Lol.
Pacco will be fine mate as some very competent people in charge down there.

I will give the points system topic a rest boys.

The Panthers $1:40 favorites for the reserves premiership :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its gives the bottom sides of premier a chance to compete. In the current environment if my side (Westmeadows) were fortunate enough to win div 1 we couldn't compete against the top 7 sides due to what clubs are spending.

With the points system it evens it out. Westmeadows and Abers would both have 50 points. Eventually over time the spending will reduce as you can only have a certain amount of points to "spend" on. If you have a strong junior program in place and can foster an environment to bring these kids through it gives you a fighting chance.
Will not bother you going on how you left your last 2 clubs

You should change your username to backwards as that's what you send the clubs you get involved with DC.
Actually your initials are appropriate as I know what else DC can stand for.

Ok Mango, whatever. Pretty sure he signed late last week. I'm not sure why you deny this as good for you guys. He will be a very good player and hard to contain, as he gets around the ground well.

So when clearances open, or maybe a news article comes out, I hope you remember to say Turbo was right..

Are you going around again as think it's great to see players at the end of there career ( no offence intended) sticking around and giving something back..
Close turbo

Clouston will be playing in the EDFL but will not be playing for Aberfeldie. Signed at Avondale Heights late last week. Confirmed.

Think you owe mango an apology now.

Close turbo

Clouston will be playing in the EDFL but will not be playing for Aberfeldie. Signed at Avondale Heights late last week. Confirmed.

Umm not so sure footylover as I did hear it from a good source. But happy to apologise to Mango if I'm wrong. Let's wait and see shall we..

Couldnt agree more turbo, if AFL vic was serious about the points system then the points system would have some kind of system in place through the whole state. Why are all metro clubs on 50 points, why isnt every club in the state on the same points?
I find it ridiculous that all metro clubs are given the most points considering thats where over 75 percentage of the state population resides in Melbourne. So country towns in the middle of nowhere with no locals left are supposed to put a team on the park with less points, they end up paying overs for players to have a team which pushes up all player payments.
AFL vic have had a fair amount of time to come up with a system that works for everyone otherwise why have a points system?
Its not rocket science to try downsize player payments and restrict the increasing trend of players going to the top teams to win flags creating lopsided comps, you only have to look at the Deer Park's Abers' Balwyn etc, with clubs like Turb's team in pascoe vale having a ring in team where they overspend and over recruit to try and compete where the are a number of the senior side having no affiliation with the club and after a couple of years will leave, and then they are up s**t creek starting from scratch again.

Metro clubs should be graded points on the amount of junior teams they have feeding their seniors, each team to have a marquee player that is not included in the salary and points. All players changing from a lower division to premier division under 23 should be worth 1 point only, but if they go back to their club after less than 2 seasons their points are worth a major league league player and not a local, in reverse players over 30 going from a premier league to lower league are also worth 1 point.
Players from the country who have relocated for work or uni that are over 200kms from their home club are only worth 1 point to recruit. And i think if a player has played over a 150 games at one club, if they wish to leave they should be worth only 1 point. Also if a player has played over 100 games at a club but its not their home club they should be allocated as a 1 pointer, even if they leave and then return.

Now if the best teams in the premier league were granted 30 points i would doubt the standard would drop in competition, and may be better in alleviating the growing trends of one sided comps occuring through the state and reduce spending on players.

Close turbo

Good pick up for Avondale Heights if true, what position does he play ?

Any news on other recruits at Canning Street ?

Good pick up for Avondale Heights if true, what position does he play ?

Any news on other recruits at Canning Street ?

Clouston plays CHF, but can play CHB, FF and even spend time in the ruck, but best used as a key position. Very agile with great hands. Can take a strong pack mark and moves well for s big guy. The opposition best tall back will need to go to him. His downside is his a bit injury prone..

I don't except written apologies, so a beer and a handshake when we play pacco will be fine.

Hey Mango, like your idea sound good, but wouldn't it be funny if Clouston was playing CHF in the twos with you at FF against Pacco (although highly unlikely Clouston will be playing a twos game) now for that I would expect more than a beer but maybe throw in a pie and some dimmies to be presented to me at half time.. Lol

Anyway back to the serious stuff..

How can you say a player is a good pick up then ask what position he plays?

Had studied his form from last three seasons, was fairly sure he was a CHF, knew he played in Willy's premiership team this year. I knew Turbo's Mail would come up with something a bit more comprehensive, and he didn't let me down. I think he is a good pick up !

Looks like the EDFL are playing the Goulburn Valley in the inter league game next season. The game is down for May 21 & 22. What will the league do with fixturing for that weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back