EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Good pick up for Avondale Heights if true, what position does he play ?

Any news on other recruits at Canning Street ?
Start of a new era new committee from president down lost 7 players 3 to Keillor picked up or replaced with 9 from country,other leagues will be competive with a game plan this year

Looks like the EDFL are playing the Goulburn Valley in the inter league game next season. The game is down for May 21 & 22. What will the league do with fixturing for that weekend

Website said it woukd be a bye. I like the idea that its now country teams in it. People who i know in the GVFL have a big of a chip on there shoulder and reckon they are far superior to EDFL so will be interesting to see how it goes, hopefully we can get full bye in from the players

Looks like the EDFL are playing the Goulburn Valley in the inter league game next season. The game is down for May 21 & 22. What will the league do with fixturing for that weekend

I'm hearing it will be a bye week for Premier and div 1 with div 2 playing as per normal

Start of a new era new committee from president down lost 7 players 3 to Keillor picked up or replaced with 9 from country,other leagues will be competive with a game plan this year
Are you sure the number of losses is at 7? Also while your thinking tell us about the game plan.

So is the preseason metro carnival at princess park no longer? Only problem with interleague in edfl in my opinion is the very best players dont play, i truely believe theres no other league that have the high end quality of the edfl premier comp but these players dont play. Ammo's and the country leagues have more locals passionate about the league and have a better representation and buy in with these games compared to the edfl as more of a money league these days. Ive never felt an interleague game result determines the overall better league

So is the preseason metro carnival at princess park no longer? Only problem with interleague in edfl in my opinion is the very best players dont play, i truely believe theres no other league that have the high end quality of the edfl premier comp but these players dont play. Ammo's and the country leagues have more locals passionate about the league and have a better representation and buy in with these games compared to the edfl as more of a money league these days. Ive never felt an interleague game result determines the overall better league

It doesn't directly reflect the strength of the league but it does reflect the attitudes of the players.
If the EDFL wants credibility from outsiders for something other than total player payments they may want to foster a culture similar to that of the Ammos or many country leagues, where being selected to represent your comp is a major accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

It doesn't directly reflect the strength of the league but it does reflect the attitudes of the players.
If the EDFL wants credibility from outsiders for something other than total player payments they may want to foster a culture similar to that of the Ammos or many country leagues, where being selected to represent your comp is a major accomplishment.

I'd imagine the EDFL Board will do as they did this year and offer an "inducement" for players to participate. That seemed to work change attitudes in getting a commitment from most players.

Also, time to move to the 2016 Premier thread yet?

Hey BlueJet, how about if the EDFL contract states you must be available to represent the league if you play in the EDFL, however I guess players would still find a legitimate reason not to play. The issue is a large portion of the better players in the EDFL have played at a higher level so don't feel the need to play. The interleague games are more for "younger" type players looking to showcase there talents or build there resume. I think it should be for players under the age of say 25, but I know not all agree with this idea.

I reckon the gfl may have the premier league in talent just, but with the money on offer just like state of origin in the afl, players cant afford to get injured in rep footy and miss games of footy for their club, in saying that maybe it gives a good reflection of the depth of leagues and the talent base locally within leagues.
This may change if the points system and salary restrictions work and are enforced in the future however

I'd imagine the EDFL Board will do as they did this year and offer an "inducement" for players to participate. That seemed to work change attitudes in getting a commitment from most players.

Also, time to move to the 2016 Premier thread yet?
That's sad if true..

Hey BlueJet, how about if the EDFL contract states you must be available to represent the league if you play in the EDFL, however I guess players would still find a legitimate reason not to play. The issue is a large portion of the better players in the EDFL have played at a higher level so don't feel the need to play. The interleague games are more for "younger" type players looking to showcase there talents or build there resume. I think it should be for players under the age of say 25, but I know not all agree with this idea.

Nah, It shouldn't be an obligation but a point of pride imo.

That's sad if true..

I'm not against players getting paid to play interleague as they are doing a job I guess. Especially if they are travelling as its a long day. They do charge you to watch these games but it would depend on what it would cost the league I guess.

I'm not against players getting paid to play interleague as they are doing a job I guess. Especially if they are travelling as its a long day. They do charge you to watch these games but it would depend on what it would cost the league I guess.

Its also not juat the 2 hours on the Saturday but additional training the players commit to, so no issue with payment.. not like the edfl cant afford it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know who is the coach at Pascoe Vale.
has it been announced yet?
Strong rumour that Turbos Mail has the inside running for the job.

Hey Stax's thanks for starting that rumour mate. Was supposed to be announced last night so I was told to be there but couldn't find a car park as the place was packed. So I had to reverse out of the car park (which was a bit embrassing) but did notice huge numbers on the training track and they were listening to someone so I assume I didn't get the job. But the coach looked a smaller guy so I'm guessing it's either Morgan or Contessa.. Hahaha

Mick, hope that answered your question.

What's going on at Marby. I'm hearing Whyatt has been invited down to Footscray VFL. If true he will play mostly at VFL level as his a good player. Big loss if true.,

Hey Stax's thanks for starting that rumour mate. Was supposed to be announced last night so I was told to be there but couldn't find a car park as the place was packed. So I had to reverse out of the car park (which was a bit embrassing) but did notice huge numbers on the training track and they were listening to someone so I assume I didn't get the job. But the coach looked a smaller guy so I'm guessing it's either Morgan or Contessa.. Hahaha

What's going on at Marby. I'm hearing Whyatt has been invited down to Footscray VFL. If true he will play mostly at VFL level as his a good player. Big loss if true.,

With Footscray being stand alone I doubt he will find a spot in their side.
Is a gun though.

How do you think Pascoe Vale will perform next season ? Who are the ins and outs ??

How do you think Pascoe Vale will perform next season ? Who are the ins and outs ??

All I will say is exciting times ahead for Pascoe Vale. Should be very competitive again and looking to improve on last season. Veszpremi only noteable out. Some exciting recruits coming into the squad.

Are you sure the number of losses is at 7? Also while your thinking tell us about the game plan.
Lucky 7 if ghazi stayed would have been more.Every opposition coach has plan ABC we relied on two forwards(good ones).Daniel and Ben will implement a game plan around even spread goal kickers,just look at way Sydney Swans development side went about for a clue

I am not involved at Avondale however if you want me to name the 9 regular senior players to leave I will. Just have a recount if you know your club. Also id like to know any coach who wouldn't have had a game plan that relied heavily on the best 2 forwards in the comp. If this even spread is so easily achieved then why spend huge coin recruiting Scott Clouston. At the end of the day the most talented team won , the next best filled the other finals spots then Avondale was next with a 10- 8 win/loss. I've checked "your" clubs history. Quite sad. It's so easy to make statements in November . Mr Archer will have his go and he'll be judged in due course. Certainly not now.

Strathmore signed a premiership player from the VAFA
Whilst one of his teammates knocked back significant coin offered by douttas

I am not involved at Avondale however if you want me to name the 9 regular senior players to leave I will. Just have a recount if you know your club. Also id like to know any coach who wouldn't have had a game plan that relied heavily on the best 2 forwards in the comp. If this even spread is so easily achieved then why spend huge coin recruiting Scott Clouston. At the end of the day the most talented team won , the next best filled the other finals spots then Avondale was next with a 10- 8 win/loss. I've checked "your" clubs history. Quite sad. It's so easy to make statements in November . Mr Archer will have his go and he'll be judged in due course. Certainly not now.

You seem to know a lot about heights Sounds like you were part of club history but was moved on

Don't know the bloke but heard its Morgan, why the secret Turbo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back