EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

They would be big exits specially Blake
They would be big exits from any club, all clubs will have varying levels of players coming and going over the off season but if M.Blake and W.Patak do depart and then you add the other names that have been reported to be departing for varying reasons such as J.Cubillo, T.Hislop, Z.Hislop, A.El Houli, J.Toy, C.Johns and A.Prestia, to name a few, that seems to be an unhealthy number of players to be leaving one environment all at once.

Seems to be some sort of unrest down at Aberfeldie! Or is this just a result of the money drying up?

I see Pascoe Vale are still on the hunt for a coach! Carl on the Corner tells me if they can't find an adequate replacement for the 2014 coach, that he will coach again in season 2015!

I seem to recall a similar scenario at the end of the 2013 season down there at Pascoe Vale.

All clubs should have their coach in place by now as it is an important time of the year re player retention and possible recruitment.

Cant Imagine why he would go to a competition like the RDFL. Big step down. Surely Apw would pay him more than Macedon.

Close to 2k a game and 5k sign on would encourage him to play ? Seems big dramas at Airport West[/QUOTE]

Massive issues at APW so I'm hearing. Kenny to Macedon as mentioned. Also to leave the club Gav Urqhart, Daniel Harris and rumours flying around that Contessa has left/forced to leave. Drama drama drama.

They would be big exits from any club, all clubs will have varying levels of players coming and going over the off season but if M.Blake and W.Patak do depart and then you add the other names that have been reported to be departing for varying reasons such as J.Cubillo, T.Hislop, Z.Hislop, A.El Houli, J.Toy, C.Johns and A.Prestia, to name a few, that seems to be an unhealthy number of players to be leaving one environment all at once.

Seems to be some sort of unrest down at Aberfeldie! Or is this just a result of the money drying up?

I see Pascoe Vale are still on the hunt for a coach! Carl on the Corner tells me if they can't find an adequate replacement for the 2014 coach, that he will coach again in season 2015!

I seem to recall a similar scenario at the end of the 2013 season down there at Pascoe Vale.

All clubs should have their coach in place by now as it is an important time of the year re player retention and possible recruitment.

Prestia & Robbie Fox have both signed to play for Coburg in the VFL for 2015.

Daniel Harris, Marcus Kenny & Gav Urquart all departing APW.

Possible replacements for the departing Abers players.

Close to 2k a game and 5k sign on would encourage him to play ? Seems big dramas at Airport West

Massive issues at APW so I'm hearing. Kenny to Macedon as mentioned. Also to leave the club Gav Urqhart, Daniel Harris and rumours flying around that Contessa has left/forced to leave. Drama drama drama.[/QUOTE]

Contessa asked to stand down last week - Rogers now playing coach for 2015.

Courouzou & Saliba back to Craigeburn!

Plus the following senior players from this year also highly unlikely to be at AW in 2015:
Contessa, Dimattina, Urquhart, Harris, Kenny, Aloi, Gauci, McLean, Skorsis

Massive issues at APW so I'm hearing. Kenny to Macedon as mentioned. Also to leave the club Gav Urqhart, Daniel Harris and rumours flying around that Contessa has left/forced to leave. Drama drama drama.

Contessa asked to stand down last week - Rogers now playing coach for 2015.

Courouzou & Saliba back to Craigeburn!

Plus the following senior players from this year also highly unlikely to be at AW in 2015:
Contessa, Dimattina, Urquhart, Harris, Kenny, Aloi, Gauci, McLean, Skorsis[/QUOTE]
What about abers puff puff is there going to be a big clean out? Is potter going to bring some players with him? Since his a well loved coach

Will Abers B&F runner up Kyle Reimers remain at the club next year?
And whats the reasoning behind Josh Toy not being there in 2015? Especially given technically he's one of the 'juniors' down there.

Will Abers B&F runner up Kyle Reimers remain at the club next year?
And whats the reasoning behind Josh Toy not being there in 2015? Especially given technically he's one of the 'juniors' down there.
Potter has never played a game of senior footy, his strength is developement of 15-18yo which he is good at it. He will struggle as when push comes to shove why would players buy into something that he could never do himself? I'm not having a go at him but that's fact. And for those who would question does someone need to have played to be a good coach, in local footy 100% yes.
What is the Story at APW? Up till last week Contessa thought he was coaching 2015 , you'd think if the committee thought he wasn't the coach for them in 2015 they would've made up their mind well before last week?

Potter has never played a game of senior footy, his strength is developement of 15-18yo which he is good at it. He will struggle as when push comes to shove why would players buy into something that he could never do himself? I'm not having a go at him but that's fact. And for those who would question does someone need to have played to be a good coach, in local footy 100% yes.
What is the Story at APW? Up till last week Contessa thought he was coaching 2015 , you'd think if the committee thought he wasn't the coach for them in 2015 they would've made up their mind well before last week?

AWFC
Yes a new coach has been appointed at AW. As the facts presented themselves the club & Adam had no choice to part ways. It is best for all parties concearned now this has occured. The other players departures mentioned apart from Gavin Urquart have gone for the $ as they are at the end of their A grade careers and maybe saw lower grade football and its expectations with a massive payday looked a better option. The club and player group is not in turmoil just topping up list management as per normal protocol this silly merryground time of year. AW like all clubs has spoken to many new potential players but as yet no annoncments have been made as this time of year is mainly exit time not intake time.
Wish all the clube well during merry go round circus time. (Think EDFL clubs are folloing the AFL lead of players / coaching movements)

Greenvale to sign Leroy Jetta if he doesn't get his second chance he is looking for!
Connection has been made by our boy Adam Mcphee

Potter has a relationship with 6-8 players from their time together at Coburg.
Surely he will be bringing a heap of players from Werribee as well.
The only issue is which current players will depart due to lack of opportunity because of the influx of new players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comments on Potter question to be asked is if he did really well at Coburg why wouldn't Richmond look at him and possibly engage him at Tigerland like what Hawthorn did with Brendan Bolton through the Box Hill Hawks. Just a thought! Coburg aren't flush with funds which has been well documented so did they employee him on the basis of being the most cost effective option at the time due to these budget restraints. "Peter from the paddock" believes a couple of the Coburg coaching staff and some players left mid season whilst under his reign.... I'm sure Abers have completed their due diligence during the recruitment process.

APW Aloi has re committed Urquart to Greenvale according to "Mick from Mars" Gotta love silly season. Enjoying the posts lads very entertaining

Massive loss Robbie Fox.
Can anyone shed any light on the Hislops?
Will Tom play again and is it true Jacob is looking for a new club?

Jizzy was naturally disappointed with his omission from the Grand Final team however has played under Adam at Coburg.

Beavis will not be going anywhere nor will Tommy.

Agree Robbie Fox is a massive loss - outstanding season and will be missed.

Grub & Blake are staying too, Shags Houli highly likely to be on the move however misses the first month and therefore the Anzac Day game.

Adam McPhee not coaching greenvale next year
Jizzy was naturally disappointed with his omission from the Grand Final team however has played under Adam at Coburg.

Beavis will not be going anywhere nor will Tommy.

Agree Robbie Fox is a massive loss - outstanding season and will be missed.

Grub & Blake are staying too, Shags Houli highly likely to be on the move however misses the first month and therefore the Anzac Day game.

Foxy from what I heard was one of their lower paid players too-is an outstanding talent with the right attributes, will succeed at VFL level
Him going off with that calf injury midway through of the 3rd quarter of the Grand Final was a devastating blow for Abers, could've been the different too in the end

Foxy from what I heard was one of their lower paid players too-is an outstanding talent with the right attributes, will succeed at VFL level
Him going off with that calf injury midway through of the 3rd quarter of the Grand Final was a devastating blow for Abers, could've been the different too in the end

Foxy from what I've heard was one of their lower paid players too-is an outstanding talent with the right attributes, will succeed at VFL level
Him going off with that calf injury midway through of the 3rd quarter of the Grand Final was a devastating blow for Abers, could've been the difference too in the end*

Word on the street is that Shannon Grant is Greenvale's new coach from next season for two years.

Ves premi would be an ideal playing coach.
Sherman is an assistant.
The role of a playing coach would be a tough gig for anyone in the current EDFL Premier League, I would imagine Veszpremi would have to control his on field behaviour a little better if was to even attempt the role of a playing coach.

Carl on the Corner tells me that Sherman has had several interviews with numerous country clubs in an attempt to get a coaching role of his own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back